PDA

View Full Version : Happy thanksgiving!

falcon409
November 25th, 2009, 21:30
To all flightsimmers everywhere, I hope that this day finds you relaxing with family or friends or any combination in between. For those folks who live far beyond the influence of turkey day I still hope you find a reason every day to be thankful for what you have in whatever form that may manifest itself. The current world economy and certainly the US economy can make you wonder sometimes what there is to be thankful for, but then I can pick up a newspaper or see the headlines on MSN.com and realize that I really do have reason to be thankful. . .there are many who do not and I pray that things improve for all those souls.

Enjoy the day, however you choose and I will raise a glass (or bottle) to each and every one. Cheers Mates!!:ernae:

DB93
November 25th, 2009, 21:36
And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Falcon, as well as to everyone else. Hope everyone that celebrates Thanksgiving has a safe, happy holiday! :)

Kiwikat
November 25th, 2009, 21:49
May the Turducken be with you!

:ernae:

Lionheart
November 25th, 2009, 22:16
Thanks Ed!

Happy Thanksgiving!

: ting..... :

Bill

Cerberus
November 25th, 2009, 22:35
Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all

CodyValkyrie
November 25th, 2009, 22:36
Gobble gobble!

Shylock
November 25th, 2009, 22:36
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Sim-outhouse members and your families from all of us over at FSX Blue Angels

BOOM
November 26th, 2009, 00:44
Very well said Falcon,Cheers! I'd like to wish all SOH members and staff a very Happy Thanksgiving,and Thanks for all the help you've given me over the year.:icon29:

harleyman
November 26th, 2009, 01:50
Thanks Falcon....Hoping the same for you and yours and all here at SOH....

jmig
November 26th, 2009, 04:01
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. We have a lot to be thankful for in our home. May you be blessed.

Thoe6969
November 26th, 2009, 05:02
Thanks Falcon,same to you and everyone here and their families.

sidler
November 26th, 2009, 05:05
Back at you!

Cag40Navy
November 26th, 2009, 05:21
thanks!

and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else!

JamesChams
November 26th, 2009, 07:13
:engel016:Happy Thanksgiving!:engel016:
to all the boy's and Girl's out there who like to fly them and/or eat them wing'd creatures.:icon_lol:

Chacha
November 26th, 2009, 07:17
Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Have fun with loved ones, family and friends and have a safe and happy one!

-Eli & Hannah :ernae:

heywooood
November 26th, 2009, 07:28
Big Bird just got tossed in the oven - best time of the year be sure !

Happy Thanksgiving to all - and please don't drink and drive

NickN
November 26th, 2009, 07:44
Happy Thanksgiving guys.. best to you and your families

d0mokun
November 26th, 2009, 08:01
http://images00.imikimi.com/image/images2_full/BpKc-108.jpg

limjack
November 26th, 2009, 11:41
To the brave Pilgrims and the Indians for which we celebrate this day...I give thanks and raise my cup:icon29:. Happpy feasting and turkey day to all.

Jim:ernae:

MCDesigns
November 26th, 2009, 12:00
Happy turkey day all!! I know I have lots to be thankful for and one of those things is this extended family and this great addicti, opps, I mean hobby!!
Cheers!! :ernae::ernae::ernae:

BASys
November 26th, 2009, 14:09
Hi Folks

A happy Thanksgiving
to our insurgent colonialists. :icon_lol:

:monkies:

ATB
Paul

lawdawg
November 26th, 2009, 14:21
Blessed Thanksgiving day to all.
And to all who are deployed, may you be protected and come back safely.
To the families holding the fort down back home, may you have peace and blessings.

rcbarend
November 26th, 2009, 18:09
To all flightsimmers everywhere, I hope that this day finds you relaxing with family or friends or any combination in between. For those folks who live far beyond the influence of turkey day I still hope you find a reason every day to be thankful for what you have in whatever form that may manifest itself. The current world economy and certainly the US economy can make you wonder sometimes what there is to be thankful for, but then I can pick up a newspaper or see the headlines on MSN.com and realize that I really do have reason to be thankful. . .there are many who do not and I pray that things improve for all those souls.

Enjoy the day, however you choose and I will raise a glass (or bottle) to each and every one. Cheers Mates!!:ernae:
Hi Ed (and others),

Forgive me, but being a non-US citizen (and without any cynicism or ill-intent), I have never understood why "Thanksgiving" is such an important day to you guys.
Because, in my book, "Thanksgiving" (if I understand the term and meaning of it correctly) should be every day of the year, and not just one day.
But I'm sure you'll enlighten me on the cultural importance of it to a simple Dutchman like me ...

:ernae: Rob

Scratch
November 26th, 2009, 18:21
Happy Thanksgiving y'all!!

MM
November 26th, 2009, 18:29
Hi Ed and everyone,

We are surely lucky to have such a wonderful community with whom to share this wonderful sense of humility and thankfulness.

Best to all.
Mike

Scratch
November 26th, 2009, 18:32
Hi Ed (and others),

Forgive me, but being a non-US citizen (and without any cynicism or ill-intent), I have never understood why "Thanksgiving" is such an important day to you guys.
Because, in my book, "Thanksgiving" (if I understand the term and meaning of it correctly) should be every day of the year, and not just one day.
But I'm sure you'll enlighten me on the cultural importance of it to a simple Dutchman like me ...

:ernae: Rob

Quick and dirty version goes like this: Pilgrims came here in the early 1600s to get away from religious persecution and other stuff. They tried hard to make a go of it, but since they were the only non-native folks here they had no one to show them the ropes and how to survive and stuff. Winter came and a bunch of them died. They were getting pretty desperate when some of the natives showed up and showed them how to plant corn and a bunch of other survival related things. After that the colony began to thrive thanks to their new found friends. They had a big feast with the natives in thanksgiving to God. It was made a national holiday at some point and it is special to us because it is a day set aside to gather with family and friends to enjoy each others' company and eat a helluva lot of food.

LouP
November 26th, 2009, 20:00
Happy Turkey day all.

LouP

fsafranek
November 26th, 2009, 22:48
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. This is just under the wire because I just woke up from a turkey coma.

limjack
November 27th, 2009, 06:14
Hi Folks

A happy Thanksgiving
to our insurgent colonialists. :icon_lol:

:monkies:

ATB
Paul

Very well put Paul.....lol..:icon_lol:...love it, and as we speak the day after all the colonialists are heading to the local trade stores for HUGE deals.

Jim

noshadez
November 27th, 2009, 18:43
Id like to say thanks to Jesus..God ..I think thats what originally was thanked and Thanksgiving started from..and for feedom.And Thanks to all Troops that are fighting Dick-taters and terrorist everywhere for continuing freedom..10-4 Amen and out:medals::guinness:

N2056
November 28th, 2009, 14:02
Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry to be late to the party...I was out of town with the family at my Mother in Law's house & for some reason I could not get my laptop to log in here! :isadizzy:

Sounds like everyone had a good day. Pam's mom spent half the year in a hospital and convalescent home, so being together at her house was indeed something to be thankful for :jump:

Oh, and I was also thankful for the fact that I had the ability to buy 2 new tires to replace the ones that got damaged by something on the freeway on the way up. Only 1 actually blew out, but another was badly damaged and had to be replaced as well :pop4: