PDA

View Full Version : M/S Paint Problem

ckissling
November 25th, 2009, 14:39
I am trying to edit a bmp and add things to it, But the colors come out either way off or very bland. All other bmp's work fine, colors are correct. Some of you may have the bmp, it is the gunsite I uploaded with the Me262 panel. If you try to edit it make a copy first and park it somewhere just in case. I think it has to do with how it set up as a bmp? ckissling

Dirtman
November 25th, 2009, 16:17
Yo C;

Try saving the modified BMP in "555" format. This should clear up your colour-shift problem.

I use the MS Image Tool. I've attached it here. Just change the .txt to .zip

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

ckissling
November 25th, 2009, 17:40
Dirtman,
Worked great, now I've put knobs on the gunsite(dummy ones) but it adds a little more detail. Thanks. This is a Me109F panel I'm working
on. ckissling

Dirtman
November 26th, 2009, 06:39
Yo C;

NICE WORK!!! & you're very welcome my friend. I had the same trouble a few years ago. It was AJAX ("Gawd of Uires") who got me to use the Image tool. Slick little program eh?

...... 20466

p14u2nv
November 26th, 2009, 07:00
I too must vouch for that slick little program. Someone here at SOH helped me with the saving in the 555 format after touching up some textures, i.e. saving correctly after reversing numbers to read correctly in some skins...forever indebted to who that was who helped me too!