PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Needed

OBIO
November 25th, 2009, 14:29
My father-in-law Jack, who is Deb's mom's 2nd and 3rd husband and who adopted Deb when she was 8, is in need of prayer. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 4 years ago. Been undergoing chemo treatments since then. Back in January he had a stroke, followed two weeks later by a massive heat attack, followed by a quadruple by-pass. Then this summer he came very close to dying from carbon monoxide poisoning from an exhaust leak in this truck.

Well, the chemo is not working....a bone scan this week has found that the cancer has spread to his spine in a number of locations, into his arm bones, his pelvic bone, his thigh bones. Further testing has shown that one kidney has shut down totally and the other is not doing so great. The medical team has called an end to the chemo.....basically Jack is beyond medical help.

Deb and I were just talking about this....she said that twice he came so very close to dying (heart attack and exhaust poisoning), but "we" intervened.....she posed the question "What if God was calling him home so that he would be out of pain?" Well, I think that if God were calling Jack home, we would not have been able to keep him here....but I do think that Jack will be leaving us before long.

I don't know if I should ask for prayer for a healing, or simply for prayer that he not be in great pain during his final days on this earth. He is sick, and he hurts, and he is tired of being sick and hurting...though he does everything he can not to let us see how sick and pain-ridden he is.

So, basically, let God's will be done...but let Jack not suffer and give us, those who love him, the strength to let Jack go to his reward if that is the Lord's intent.

Tim

Chacha
November 25th, 2009, 14:31
My father-in-law Jack, who is Deb's mom's 2nd and 3rd husband and who adopted Deb when she was 8, is in need of prayer. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 4 years ago. Been undergoing chemo treatments since then. Back in January he had a stroke, followed two weeks later by a massive heat attack, followed by a quadruple by-pass. Then this summer he came very close to dying from carbon monoxide poisoning from an exhaust leak in this truck.

Well, the chemo is not working....a bone scan this week has found that the cancer has spread to his spine in a number of locations, into his arm bones, his pelvic bone, his thigh bones. Further testing has shown that one kidney has shut down totally and the other is not doing so great. The medical team has called an end to the chemo.....basically Jack is beyond medical help.

Deb and I were just talking about this....she said that twice he came so very close to dying (heart attack and exhaust poisoning), but "we" intervened.....she posed the question "What if God was calling him home so that he would be out of pain?" Well, I think that if God were calling Jack home, we would not have been able to keep him here....but I do think that Jack will be leaving us before long.

I don't know if I should ask for prayer for a healing, or simply for prayer that he not be in great pain during his final days on this earth. He is sick, and he hurts, and he is tired of being sick and hurting...though he does everything he can not to let us see how sick and pain-ridden he is.

So, basically, let God's will be done...but let Jack not suffer and give us, those who love him, the strength to let Jack go to his reward if that is the Lord's intent.

Tim

Prayer sent, Obio! :engel016:

gigabyte
November 25th, 2009, 14:32
Prayers from Canada are happening now, god be with Jack and family!

Cloud9Gal
November 25th, 2009, 14:37
Tim~

In my prayer for your father-in-law, I will ask that he be given the strength to accept & carry God's will.

Blessings~

brad kaste
November 25th, 2009, 14:37
Thoughts and prayers with you Obio. Yes,...it's in the Lord's hands.

Dain Arns
November 25th, 2009, 14:46

Tim

I offer my prayer agreement with you Tim over Jack. God your will be done.

Hoping that I'm not stealing your thread here. We're going through a similar set of circumstances here, Tim. My Dad was diagnosed with lymphoma a couple years ago, went through Chemo and it seemed to be in remission.

Found out on Monday that it's back. Did the testing yesterday, the results come back next week. I guess being a Korean vet helps, he willing to go through the entire process again. Guess it is good timing I'm unemployed right now, it was a source of concern for my last employer, me spending so much time away from the job a couple years ago. I won't have all of the stress of balancing both the care and job this time around. Maybe I can find something part time.

But over all, I think we all need to say a lot more prayers for everyone. Seems to be very dark times we are living through currently.

May God watch over all of us and protect us all who rejoice in his mighty name. We give thanks to you Lord, for all of the good blessings you do give us throughout the year. :engel016:

OleBoy
November 25th, 2009, 14:57
OBIO & Mrs. OBIO

I feel your pain. Honestly. My father died after a long battle of Colon Cancer in 1990. When he was first diagnosed, it was because he had to go to the doctor due to he couldn't go to the bathroom. My dad got so bloated from the blockage, that he appeared to have gained about 300 pounds in a very short time. Nothing passed through. My dad had surgery and the doctor removed the area with cancer. Stitched him up, and roughly 3 weeks later was feeling much better. And looking better. It wasn't long again until the cancer flared up again. Again my dad underwent surgery. It was all confirmed removed and there were no traces whatsoever. My whole family and all of my dads friends were very grateful, and relieved of the news. Almost 2 weeks later, my dad was feeling like a million bucks. At least that's what he told everyone. He looked better too. That was back in late July 1990.

Roughly two weeks went by and my dads condition turned 180*. The scar tissue being sent off from the incisions was too much for the colon to handle and break down. His plumbing just flat plugged up it was so bad. Again he went to surgery and they flushed 19 liters of sterile water through the blockage and flushed it all out. A week later, back in to the hospital he went. This time my dad was so bloated from all the fluids retained in his body, that his tongue was so swollen he couldn't talk. He was in ICU then...and his doctor came out and told us that there was nothing more he could do. As the scar tissue will never stop. My dads only option was to wear a permanent colostomy bag. My dad said (wrote) NO!

Sorry, Now I've got myself in tears.

My dad passed away 11 days after I was married.

Mr & Mrs OBIO.. It's hard having to go through it. For anyone.

:engel016: My prayers go out to you and yours. I feel he knows his way. :engel016:

Be strong OBIO my friend

OleBoy

Rami
November 25th, 2009, 15:17
Prayers and blessings on the way. :engel016:

Cazzie
November 25th, 2009, 15:21
Ya got 'em pal. God's will and hope all goes well.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Caz

lifejogger
November 25th, 2009, 15:39
Your Father in Law and you entire family is own our pray list here in Texas,

Lionheart
November 25th, 2009, 16:11
OBIO and Dain,

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to pray for your loved ones. They say the power of prayer does mighty things. It still astounds doctors what prayer groups do for patients.

Father God, we pray for these two gentlemen who have painful diseases. We pray Lord that you take away these diseases from them, that you lift the pain from them and bless them with healing and painless days. We ask this in faith Lord. Amen and Amen..

We, as a group of believers, cast out these diseases from these good people in the name of Jesus Christ! We command these diseases to leave their bodies completely and forever.

Be strong guys..

Bill

Snuffy
November 25th, 2009, 16:19
Petitions sent. :engel016:

Craig Taylor
November 25th, 2009, 17:05
Prayers from me and mine...

GT182
November 25th, 2009, 17:13
Thoughts and prayers from here to your father-in-law and the whole family Tim.

JP127
November 25th, 2009, 17:32
My thoughts and prayers also.

cheezyflier
November 25th, 2009, 18:26
prayers sent. i wish i had some cool thing to say. i'm sorry.

TomSteber
November 25th, 2009, 20:31
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Praying that your family be strong through this.
Have a peaceful and Happy Thanksgiving.

harleyman
November 25th, 2009, 20:37
I too know the pain and suffering of cancer ....

May Gods will be done, and best to all concerned ! Prayers said for all the folks suffering ...

rayrey10
November 25th, 2009, 21:00

...I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:19-20

Chacha
November 25th, 2009, 21:09

...I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:19-20

Amen to that Rayrey! :engel016: