PDA

View Full Version : did they...

winslow33
October 28th, 2008, 16:39
Hello.

Did the finnish air force bomb Russian cities during the Continuation War? I know they didn't during the Winter war, but perhaps their tactics changed? Even though were done the WWII part in my Grade 10 history class, we never even touched on that conflict.:isadizzy:

Thanks.

Skyferret
October 28th, 2008, 18:02
Hmmmmmm.......Lets see, if I take your entire question "Did the finnish air force bomb Russian cities during the Continuation War?", and then google it, I get this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_Air_Force ......it's the first hit that comes up. I didn't take the time to read it all but seems like a lot of info. Must be a heck of a lot out there. They don't call it www. for nothin'.

This was the google hit... http://www.google.ca/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=Did+the+finnish+air+force+bomb+Russian+cities+du ring+the+Continuation+War%3F&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

winslow33
October 28th, 2008, 18:25
Wow. thanks. I checked out the link, it looks like the answer was no. Although it does help tell me what aircraft they were using during the Continuation war...:applause: it appears like they were better prepared for the contimuation war than the winter war...

hubbabubba
October 28th, 2008, 18:57
As Skyferret was hinting, Winslow, you should develop your research instinct a bit.:kilroy:

For example, instead of asking what a/c the Finns had for the Continuation war at SOH, I would google ; aircraft+"Continuation war" and, from there, try combinations with key words until I find something worthy of my attention.

I just did and, whatdoyaknow, got 20,700 results in just 0,18 seconds...:kilroy:

Johnny
October 28th, 2008, 21:11
~S~ All,

Sky, I have a question for you. If WWI was "The war to end all wars," Why did they give it a number?

j.:costumes:

Ivan
October 29th, 2008, 09:01
The Internet is a great reference source.... As long as you filter out all the garbage. Aircraft performance and handling is one of my favourite subjects to search.

Yesterday I found a reference for the Spitfire Mk.IX I am building. Did you know that the propeller minimum pitch was 22 degrees 20 minutes with a 35 degree range? I didn't either and I don't believe it is in any of my books.

- Ivan.

smilo
October 29th, 2008, 14:55
I think I fall into the same category as W33,
sometimes it just seems easier to ask than it is to look.
often, I don't have the time or the energy to search through 20,700+ results for a tid-bit of information.

granted, I didn't look it up, but,
I think it was called The Great War until WWII came along.

Ivan
October 29th, 2008, 16:57
The thing that really amazes me is the sheer amount of good information that is available on the Internet. I recently found a source that has many pilot's manuals that have been scanned to PDF. Unfortunately this also means that since I now know that some of my earlier flight models do not match the new information, there is a lot of work to do.....

My son wants my computer now....
- Ivan.