PDA

View Full Version : Why does Windows keeps updating the same one (KB967715)

JP127
November 24th, 2009, 14:27
Hi,

Help please. Windows keeps updating the same update on a daily basis. It is KB967715. It says it is successful everytime it updates. It doesn't seem to hurt anything but it sure is getting annoying. I am sure I seen the answer in the forums but I can't seem to find it now.

Jeff

OBIO
November 24th, 2009, 15:17
I have no clue what that is happening...but I know how to stop it. Turn off Windows auto update. In fact, turn off all auto updates for every piece of software you have. I once lost many many many hours worth of sim work (paint templates, partially completed skins, panel and config tweaks) due to my AV firing up an auto update as I was moving some files around. My system locked up, I had to do a hard restart (press the power button to shut down, then turn the system back on)....and when I went back to my files...every one of them had been corrupted.

Microsoft releases updates on Tuesday, so Wednesday I make sure to cruise over and get any updates. I check for AV updates each morning.

OBIO

MaddogK
November 24th, 2009, 19:59
LOL,
from the MS website regarding that patch
"Install this update to resolve an issue in which AutoRun features were not correctly disabled."

JP127
November 25th, 2009, 17:38
Thanks for the replys and the help.

Jeff

Willy
November 25th, 2009, 19:14
I had a problem with XP continually updating the same update. I turned auto updates off. It does get annoying.

Snuffy
November 26th, 2009, 09:22
If you can find the name in the list of updates, you can try to delete it, as it sounds as though it may be corrupt. (Ya think?)

Once deleted you can hit the update routine again and MS should detect that its not there and attempt to reinstall it once more.

Turning off the auto update, while appearing to eliminate the probem, actually does nothing for you as you still have the file on you harddrive.

Douglas
November 26th, 2009, 14:22
Anyone having probs after the last update ?