PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Cyborg X

aeromed202
November 23rd, 2009, 15:06
I'm going to need a new stick soon and have been happy with the Logitec Extreme 3D Pros. But on the shelf this time was also a Saitek Cyborg for about the same price. I liked the L/R throttles and roller switches you could use for trim but don't know anything about the brand except it pops up on SOH now and again. I would buy another Pro in a heartbeat but am considering the other. Any advice? I got my umbrella up for the deluge.

Tom Clayton
November 23rd, 2009, 16:32
I prefer the feel of Saitek over Logitech. The centering spring on the Saitek's are a lot gentler but still do their job without making you feel like you've been lifting weights with your right arm.

OBIO
November 23rd, 2009, 16:37
I haven't used the Cyborg X, but I think that will be my next stick! I have a Saitek ST290 Pro that I have been abusing for the last 3 years or so...and I mean ABUSING...it has been a problem free stick with one exception. A while back the trigger button stopped working...so I pulled the stick apart and found that one of the pins that holds the little switch in place had broken...no big deal...a few drops of super glue and it was like new again. I have pulled that trigger button a zillion trillion times in CFS2...and sometimes I pulled it WAY TOO HARD during those really entense furball dog fights.

The stick has had no issues with centering...the way the spring is on the Saitek sticks..centering issues don't happen all that often.

The stick is comfortable, the twist/rudder input is responsive. I wish it had more buttons (6) but the Cyborg X seems to have that covered well enough.

And it looks like it has an adjuster on the centering spring allowing you to dial in more resistance on the stick....I like that idea a lot. Sometimes I feel as though my stick is simply too easy to move and would like a stiffer action.

Again, I have not used the Cyborg X...but I have used Saitek sticks for about 4 to 5 years....I have a Cyborg Graphite in the closet that I was usign before I got the ST290 Pro....no twist grip on it.

OBIO

LonelyplanetXO
November 23rd, 2009, 19:58
Ive had CH Pro gear for years, which was great although bugger all support down here in the Pacific. But a few months ago my venerable old CH Pro stick died and so i looked around for a replacement. First thought was the same brand but a yolk. After a bit of research on the net it transpired many people were using Saitek gear. I had a Saitek stick and throttle years ago - they were truly crap & got returned to the shop. But maybe they've improved over time? Turns out they sure have. I have the Saitek yoke/throttles & pedals. So far, very robust, nicely weighted, adaptable. And the yoke has a USB port so I plugged a Logitek attack (cheap) stick into it for those military/rotary toys...The Saitek pedals - which you could use with your stick - are way ahead of my old ones, really good. Havent had the gear for long, but so far I love it. I'd say go for it.

LPXO

cheezyflier
November 24th, 2009, 07:16
just don't get the wireless one. you'll be sorry. i have one, and i am.

middle
November 24th, 2009, 08:58
I've got one and I like it but I still can't figure out the programming so that I can fly four engine planes w/ the split throttles. If I fly anything with 4 engines I have to reset the throttle so just one of them operates all the engines. So if ya get one when you figure out a good fs9 profile let me know. mid I alos have the pedals and altho bulky, they also work fine.