PDA

View Full Version : Back to scenery

falcon409
November 23rd, 2009, 09:22
Here's Ellington Field in Connecticut WIP:

falcon409
November 23rd, 2009, 09:36
At some point, I'll zip all these together and post as one download. Not sure when tho.
So far they are:
Gager Field - CT36
Devils Hopyard - CT11
Richmond - 08R
Riconn - RI11
Ellington - 7B9

All located in and around Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

spotlope
November 23rd, 2009, 10:10
Looks great so far, Ed. :ernae:

falcon409
November 23rd, 2009, 17:51
Thanks Bill,
Here's a few with just about everything completed:

Dain Arns
November 23rd, 2009, 18:18
I see helicopter parking available! I like that. :applause: :icon_lol:

falcon409
November 23rd, 2009, 18:59
Yep, that one you see on the apron and another smaller one on the other side of those two aircraft.

glennc
November 23rd, 2009, 19:39
Ed,

Did you upload Lancaster (KLNC)?

Glenn

Marlin
November 23rd, 2009, 19:41
I know I mentioned it before, but Devils Hopyard just isn't right without Gillettes castle.

It is kind of a landmark, just throwing out a thought for you to contemplate.
http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2716&Q=325204

falcon409
November 23rd, 2009, 20:19
I know I mentioned it before, but Devils Hopyard just isn't right without Gillettes castle. It is kind of a landmark, just throwing out a thought for you to contemplate.
Pretty interesting looking castle that's for sure, but I don't do custom buildings so it won't be in my scenery, sorry!

Bomber_12th
November 23rd, 2009, 20:57
Ed, I really look forward to flying out of this field, great job again! As long as you make them, I will be definitely making use of them!

falcon409
November 23rd, 2009, 21:06
Ed, I really look forward to flying out of this field, great job again! As long as you make them, I will be definitely making use of them!
Thanks John. As long as I don't run out of satellite images or get bored (not much chance of either, lol), I'll keep doing as much as I can.

expat
November 23rd, 2009, 23:14
Nice work Ed. This is the area where I grew up and became a young aviation enthusiast. My hometown (Woodbury) has a short hilltop grass field called "Goodhill" that's fun for taildraggers, as is "Waterbury" (not to be confused with the much larger KOXC Waterbury-Oxford nearby). Elizabeth 0B8 on Fishers Island, just off New London CT has another challenging short runway, though on the 'longer one' - which is only 2400' - I watched as a youth a private Fokker F-27 regularly land and takeoff - which was pretty amazing.

Dino Cattaneo
November 24th, 2009, 05:15
Looking good!

Slightly OT question... I was under the impression you were working on a NAS Fort Worth scenery. Did I miss its release? Or is it still wip?

falcon409
November 24th, 2009, 05:30
Looking good!
Slightly OT question... I was under the impression you were working on a NAS Fort Worth scenery. Did I miss its release? Or is it still wip?
I guess I need to revisit that project. I was getting to the point that it seemed to be bogging down framerate-wise and I stopped. It was actually looking pretty nice considering all the hangars and buildings were default. I just got to a point where I got interested in smaller airports and ceased work on KNFW.
I'll see where it is and how much more I really need to do on it to consider it complete. Thanks for jogging my memory there Dino!

falcon409
November 24th, 2009, 06:39
Ellington is complete. I'll zip it all up and post this afternoon.
Glad I looked at this, I still need to do a night map, lol. That'll be included.

Note: Never done this before, but I reactivated UTX to see what difference it made in this airport. Quite a bit as you can tell from the last two screens.

falcon409
November 24th, 2009, 09:31
Scenery has been uploaded to SOH.

Dino Cattaneo
November 24th, 2009, 22:55
Thanks!

Will download it asap!
As for Fort Worth NAS...well, screenshots were looking good and I have to confess that I was looking for a proper scenery to take screenshots for my F-35 project...

falcon409
November 25th, 2009, 04:17
Thanks!

Will download it asap!
As for Fort Worth NAS...well, screenshots were looking good and I have to confess that I was looking for a proper scenery to take screenshots for my F-35 project...
Yea Dino, I actually have it from reliable sources that the 301st could see the F-35 on it's Flight Line within the next few years too. I'll reinstall that scenery and post some shots here and see what's left to do.

falcon409
November 25th, 2009, 05:35
Ok, now I realize why I quit working on NAS Ft Worth. I don't have the patience as it turns out to do custom buildings (I tried it with a terminal for Yellowknife and finally quit), so every building on the base is either default or from one of over 20 different object libraries I used on that project. The framerates started to drop considerably and I finally decided as much as I wanted to see it finished, the more I was adding the worse it got. Plus, nobody is going to want it if you have to download and install 20 different object libraries.
Even at the point it is now, my only other option would be to eliminate the photoscenery right up to the fenceline around the main Flightline and let the default landclass fill in which isn't very realistic. . . .but trying to place even default buildings for half the base was going to drive the fps right into the dirt. It just got to a point where I figured it was getting out of hand.

flyinjake
November 25th, 2009, 06:01
Ed, Your works are great. Look forward to more of your sceneries in the future.