PDA

View Full Version : istalling the Nimitz carrier

alex511
November 22nd, 2009, 02:24
ciao to all

i already downloaded and isntalled the wonderfull package about the nimitz carrier...
unfortunately there is something that doesn't work properly.
Unfortunately when i launch the ai carrier program while flying, i can select the nimitz carrier..but there is only one options witht hat name..and she lloks like he one already available with flight simulator.
I have also no choice about the configuration of the carrier..i mean recovery...launch...full deck..or empty one...

and i have still the problem about not being able to see the carrier..in the replay movie..

thanks to all

alex

Pepere
November 22nd, 2009, 04:15
I've tried installing that package too. But they don't show up for me at all. I'm sure that I'm missing something not so simple. It seems like a very complex program to install because one package calls for other packages and so on and so forth. Got me dizzy so I unloaded it all. From the pics it's an awesome deal if you can do it.

David

JamesChams
November 22nd, 2009, 05:14
Gents,

There is a file called "cvn_68_69.cfg" in the Nimitz rar file which MUST be placed into the (your) "...\AICarriers\conf.d\" folder for AICarrier's program to load the correct carriers into its menu; try and make sure you have that installed correctly.

I've spoken to Mr. Javier "Thrawn" about easing the installation process and am working on a possible solution to all these troubles. Standby; he'll let you know soon.

Good Luck!

Odie
November 22nd, 2009, 05:27
Gents,

There is a file called "cvn_68_69.cfg" in the Nimitz rar file which MUST be placed into the (your) "...\AICarriers\conf\" folder for AICarrier's program to load the correct carriers into its menu; try and make sure you have that installed correctly.

I've spoken to Mr. Javier "Thrawn" about easing the installation process and am working on a possible solution to all these troubles. Standby; he'll let you know soon.

Good Luck!

Thanks, James ! This would be much appreciated !

alex511
November 22nd, 2009, 06:40
ciao James
i put that file inside the folder u are speaking about.
inside that folder, i have also another word file called cvn_id and xpack
maybe i have to copy and past the "cvn_68_69.cfg" into the cvn_id file???

thanks in advance for any info

Alex

JamesChams
November 22nd, 2009, 06:53
Mr. Alex,

NO need to copy the contents into the CVN_id.cfg file. If you do, you might corrupt things. Just place the cvn_68_69.cfg file in the same location and leave both files in the "...\AICarrier\conf.d\" folder and it should work 100%!

Good Luck!:wavey:

PS: Mr. Odie,

Your welcome! :)

dhl1986
November 22nd, 2009, 06:59
I still can't figure this out. I have aicarriers installed, and I *think* I have the right Nimitz. It is titled USS_NIMITZ VNF. Neither package came with any instruction on where to place files for additional carriers.

JamesChams
November 22nd, 2009, 07:10
Mr. "dhl1986,"

Please Standby; I'm working on a solution which should remove all the confusion. Once, Mr. Javier has it in his hands, so will you. :wiggle:

dhl1986
November 25th, 2009, 19:15
Any update on this? Also, JamesChams, I don't need an installer, just need to know what folder it goes into, since I can't seem to find that information anywhere else.

wilycoyote4
November 25th, 2009, 21:30
In the sound folder are 3 sound files. Copy these 3 and paste them into the FSX sound folder.

In the effects folder are 12 files. Copy them and paste them into the FSX effects folder.

In the simobjects folder is a folder "Boats", open it and there are 3 folders. Copy all 3 and paste into the FSX/simobjects/boats folder.

There is a cvn_68_69 file. Copy it and paste it into Programfiles/AICarriers/conf.d/overwrite when asked or if not asked then this is your first installation of Javier's Nimitz carrier.

If you installed the first version of Javier's Nimitz then effects and sounds and cvn_68_69 will be overwritten easily. The boats (Nimitz and SH_60_Plane_Guard) you may wish to remove to a backup location but the oiler USN_Patuxent is a new addition. Removing is easier and then paste in the new replacements.

If you need more explanation please ask again and I'll try to do better.

JamesChams
November 26th, 2009, 05:10
Any update on this? Also, JamesChams, I don't need an installer, just need to know what folder it goes into, since I can't seem to find that information anywhere else.
OK; if you think that an installer isn't worth it for everybody. But, some here seem to need/want it; so, what should I do?

colihamp
November 26th, 2009, 08:27
I'm probably being thick but where is the AIcarriers folder?

GypsyBaron
November 26th, 2009, 09:34
OK; if you think that an installer isn't worth it for everybody. But, some here seem to need/want it; so, what should I do?

It should be the folder you installed that application to.

It could be anywhere on your system. Search for the file
"aicarriers.exe". That will be in the installation folder.

There you will also find the "aicarriers.cfg" file and the
"conf.d" folder, among other files.

I happen to have mine installed in "K:\FSX Tools\AI Carriers" while my FSX install is on my I: drive.

Paul

wilycoyote4
November 26th, 2009, 11:15
I'm probably being thick but where is the AIcarriers folder?
I wrote ---"There is a cvn_68_69 file. Copy it and paste it into Programfiles/AICarriers/conf.d/overwrite when asked or if not asked then this is your first installation of Javier's Nimitz carrier."----so you already have your answer.

UNLESS YOU HAVE NOT INSTALLED AICARRIERS. In that case, you must download the freeware program and install it. The program is very small.
:ernae:

Odie
December 4th, 2009, 21:42

Hey James, please press on with an installer package, sir !

JamesChams
December 5th, 2009, 05:49
Hey James, please press on with an installer package, sir !
A OK! :salute: