PDA

View Full Version : OT, How does one get help from Aerosoft???

Stan V.
November 19th, 2009, 11:40
Would someone please tell me how to post a question in the Aerosoft support forum concerning a small install problem with PBY update 1.11 (the one that installs the underwing torpedo)? I registered the product there and can access their PBY Support Forum but the option to post a new thread (question) is disabled for me. I am at a dead-end about how get help with my problem.

Dain Arns
November 19th, 2009, 12:02
Seems like you have to register separately for the forum. I believe your Aerosoft account, registration account, and forum accounts are all individual entities.

Kavehpd
November 19th, 2009, 12:11
Works fine for me. I'm only registered with their forums. Bought my product via SimMarket.

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6942/25600146.th.jpg (http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6942/25600146.jpg)

Maybe your forum registration hasn't been activated yet.

falcon409
November 19th, 2009, 12:18
Seems like you have to register separately for the forum. I believe your Aerosoft account, registration account, and forum accounts are all individual entities.
Yep, seems to be how most of them are now. Register for the site, then go to the forums and you have to register again. I guess that makes sense, lol:isadizzy:

Tako_Kichi
November 19th, 2009, 12:59
Yep, seems to be how most of them are now. Register for the site, then go to the forums and you have to register again. I guess that makes sense, lol:isadizzy:
Well...............in many cases the store front and the forum may not even be on the same server or even in the same countries so it would make some sense that separate registrations were required for each. Plus with security being what it is keeping the store totally separate from the forums could be a good thing.

Just MHO. ;)

Stan V.
November 19th, 2009, 13:39
Thanks for the replies... I think you are right. I have several Aerosoft products purchased over multiple years and unfortunately, I have not always been careful about how I registered frrom product to product. I can get to the point where I request their support forum to send me a new password but I'll be darned if I can get past that auto code that they ask you to enter to prove you are not spoofing them. I try to get one I can read and some I think are clear enough but then their software always comes back and takes issue with the code I entered. I have tried several tries and I give up!

Nick C
November 19th, 2009, 14:10
Stan, send an email directly to support@aerosoft.com and you should get a reply very quickly.

Francois
November 20th, 2009, 00:22
Some people's eyes seem incapable of reading the 'scramble codes' for some reason. I know we had tests when being drafted for the army with similar things. Guys that couldn't read them were rejected..... so sometimes it is good when you have bad eyes or even brains :icon_lol::icon_lol:

I've had it happen with a few customers on our forums too. Usually I then make a new usder ID for them manually. As NIck said, you can ask them to do that.... or if all else fails, contact Mathijs directly.