PDA

View Full Version : WIn 7 64 bit

Chr1st0pher
November 19th, 2009, 02:18
Hi Guys

I have already posted something similar in another area as I am new to the forum so, sorry if I repeat myself.

I have the original sperate discs of IL-2 plus the 2 expansion discs. I have WIn 7 64 bit and have been able to get the base IL-2 running but only from the CD via the play icon, but can do nothing with the expansion packs.

If I get the "1946" version, will it load and run on Win 7/64 bit?

I think IL-2 is the best combat sim I have played and would love to be able to continue playing it without reverting back to an older OS.

I hope its not a silly question but is there a chance of a "new" version?

ANy help/advice gratefully received.

Chris

KOM.Nausicaa
November 19th, 2009, 08:03
1946 works perfectly with Windows 7.

Chr1st0pher
November 21st, 2009, 03:06
Thanks forthe quick reply but, although you say, perfect with WIn 7, does that include "64 bit"?

Sorry to keep harping on about the 64 bit thing but some 32 bit progs just dont work when you try to load them.

Must say though that apart from finding thr right software, Win 7 64bit runs like a dream. AL the little problems I had with Vista seem to have just gone away.

Thanks again, hope you can reassure me.

Chris

KOM.Nausicaa
November 21st, 2009, 14:53
IL2 was written in OpenGL and runs just fine on 64bit. The only problems reported are related to the disk (securom issue) but they are rare.
You can read more here and also find a solution for the securom issue (in case you should have it)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11044

Chr1st0pher
November 26th, 2009, 01:55
Thanks again, I will put the "1946", version on my Christmas list. if Santa delivers, I will let you know how I get on.

Chris