PDA

View Full Version : 3D Modeling Question FS9

Mick
November 18th, 2009, 14:10
Cross-posted from the FS0 forum...

I'm asking this for my partner David Wooster, who does the 3D part of our joint projects. David seems to be having trouble getting into this forum, so he asked me to post the question.

He's having trouble with our latest project. Here's his description of the issue:

"With the aircraft shadow turned on and the sun is directly over head, the cockpit area shows up on the ground, when it should not be there - like the cockpit is open all the way to the ground with no floor in it, but there is a floor there."

David builds with the latest version of FSDS. As most of you know, he's built scads of models, and hasn't run into this issue before.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mick
November 18th, 2009, 16:04
OK, never mind. David figured it out.

Don't ask me to explain what the issue was. He explained it to me, and my eyes glazed over! I haven't the foggiest notion what he was talking about!

n4gix
November 19th, 2009, 11:11
OK, never mind. David figured it out.

Don't ask me to explain what the issue was. He explained it to me, and my eyes glazed over! I haven't the foggiest notion what he was talking about!

For future reference, MOST of the FSDS modelers I know about are denizens of the Freeflight Design Forums, and the answers to any questions David might have may be found there. Also, if he's not already familiar with it, Dave Nunez's marvelous "Tweak Utility" designed specifically for FSDS v3.xxx modelers may also be found there:

http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi