PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim FSX B-24 and A2A B-17??

Odie
November 17th, 2009, 09:49
Hello all. I'm slowly starting to build up my FSX hangars and have been eyeing the AS B-24 via some of the repaints showcased here. Ditto on the FSX A2A B-17.

Is the B-24/B-17 rated high with ya'll? Eye-candy-wise?

Should I wait for the new A2A B-17 or is the current version a must-have?

My frame of reference would be the WOP Heavy bombers series for FS9 since I don't have a B-17 or B-24 for FSX. I still fly these today over in the FS9 side of the PC.

Thanks in advance !

traindriver98
November 17th, 2009, 11:02
I have the A2A B-17 and love it. don't know anything about AS's B-17. A2A, I think, is working on an accu-sim for their B-17.:ernae:

Snuffy
November 17th, 2009, 11:13
Yep, you may want to hold off on that B-17 for a bit ... unless Lewis can come in here and straighten me out ...

They're in the process of improving the model and adding their accusim ...

I can't speak for the B-24 either.

Gdavis101
November 17th, 2009, 11:54
I have both, prefer the A2A B-17

jankees
November 17th, 2009, 11:57
I have both, and like both.
I've done a whole bunch of paints for the B-24, and one for the B-17, hopefully more for the accusim version.
The B-17 is an early FSX model, but still good, flies great, but the next edition will probably be fantastic, though that may still take a while...
The B-24 was for FS9 and FSX (but native, no port over). It has great loud and heavy sounds, and handles like a pig, the way it should I believe. I did my repaints so that they worked for both 9 and X, but there's a hi-res version for FSX too. I still think they are good enough though..
The textures for the B-17 are also relatively lo-res, for my one repaint I enlarged the textures to get a higher resolution..again, can't wait for the accu-sim version...
So, maybe the B-24 for now, while we both wait for the accusimmed B-17?

Pics: one of my B-24's:
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/ss1490.jpg

the one B-17 I did:
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/FX3941.jpg

and have you considered the Aerosoft Catalina???

RCAF_Gunner
November 17th, 2009, 17:09
I have both as well and like them very much. (BTW, Jankess "42-Kay" is one of my favourite paints for the B-24.)

I believe I read the A2A B-17 with Accusim will be their next offering. That being the case, I would probably wait for the new version.

I've been eyeing the "Cat" myself but I'm also hoping PC Aviator or Aerosoft will be having a sale on her sometime soon. :d

Cheers,
Rick

Lewis-A2A
November 18th, 2009, 00:18
No need to wait if you do decide to get the WOPII B-17. The Accu-sim pack plugs right into it right fine and is full steam ahead on the development front.

kilo delta
November 18th, 2009, 01:24
the WOP Heavy bombers series for FS9

Has anyone tried porting these into FSX? In particular, I'd like to have a B-29 back in my hangar.:jump:

BOOM
November 18th, 2009, 03:29
No need to wait if you do decide to get the WOPII B-17. The Accu-sim pack plugs right into it right fine and is full steam ahead on the development front.

:jump:Great News!!!!! Thanks for pointing this out!!!:ernae:

Snuffy
November 18th, 2009, 04:08
Hey Lewis, you guys at A2A going to look into that paint issue that is discussed in some detail over on the A2A forums?

Why the front half and the back half of the fuesalge don't match when you do an O.D. paint.

jankees
November 18th, 2009, 04:23
Hey Lewis, you guys at A2A going to look into that paint issue that is discussed in some detail over on the A2A forums?

Why the front half and the back half of the fuselage don't match when you do an O.D. paint.

or a bare metal paint...
he promised something along those lines..

snuffy, like the avatar, reminds me of this one:
"I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..."

GT182
November 18th, 2009, 04:49
Yep, wait for the Acusim model. A2A is top notch on all they do.... I say the best of the best. Scott goes all out and does a fantastic job on being as accurate as possible for everything.

LouP
November 18th, 2009, 05:36
I am curious about the WOP boxed version for FS9 in FSX, also.

LouP

Cazzie
November 18th, 2009, 05:57
AS's B-24 comes for FSX and FS0, it's super too. Like jankees, I did several repaints for it, including one very special repaint for a high school classmate whose uncle flew a B-24 and was killed in a training mission over England in 1944 after flying 5 sorties over France and Germany.

Caz

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/b24_lily_wide_1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/b24_lily_10.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/cazmodel/missileen_3.jpg

RCAF_Gunner
November 18th, 2009, 07:46

Hi Lewis,

So are you saying it's only the Accusim package being done for the B-17: i.e. there won't be a WoP3 version of the B-17 like what was done for the P-47?

Thanks,
Rick

CodyValkyrie
November 18th, 2009, 07:57
Hopefully I am not stepping on Lewis' toes here, but my understanding is that current owners of the WOPII B-17 do not need to buy anything else but the new Accusim, which is updating a signifigant amount of things to current standards.

I won't detail what, I'll leave that for Lewis.

Odie
November 18th, 2009, 09:19
Hey Everyone, many thanks for your advice !

I grabbed the AS B-24 and will now start getting Jankees and Cazzie's repaints for her ! I'm going to try and hold off on getting the A2A B-17 until the Accusim pack is ready. I say "try" because my willpower is very weak....I mean, every time I cruise the A2A website, it calls my name....:icon_lol:

Jankees - Yessir, I do have the Aerosoft Catalina....beautiful and fun to fly !

Again, great advice from the SOH crew !