PDA

View Full Version : OT: Any musicians out there?

CodyValkyrie
November 17th, 2009, 08:04
Sorry to be further bothersome, but I always find it best to pull from a community that is already energized about simulation products.

We at Jaggyroad are constantly trying to find artists who have work we may further expose by means of commercial products. To be clear we can offer little to no pay to the budding artist, but we are willing to give credit and expose the artist further if they so wish.

We have no particular preference for music, especially since we use a high multitude of various types for various projects. If you or anyone you know is a good musician or has a band of any talent, please e-mail a sampling to cody@jaggyroadfilms.com

From that point we can discuss copyright and agreements for the parties involved, if selected.

Thank you all once again for your time,
-Cody Bergland
Owner, Jaggyroad Films

Henry
November 17th, 2009, 08:08
thats almost like saying are there any simmers out there
i bet there are at least 25% musicians who post often
seems its a second reason
H

middle
November 17th, 2009, 08:47
Well put Henry......

noshadez
November 17th, 2009, 18:08
Im one..but I make more stuff for companies that actually do stuff..so no thankx

N2056
November 17th, 2009, 18:38
Im one..but I make more stuff for companies that actually do stuff..so no thankx

Not too sure how to take that...:kilroy:

LordAkshay798
November 17th, 2009, 18:54
I play tenor sax. :wavey:

djscoo
November 17th, 2009, 18:56
I play Tambourine!

noshadez
November 17th, 2009, 19:04
Sorry..But from one who has been involved with the music industry for years..When you get a (Send your demo thingy) with a no guarrantee means (Dont do it!):guinness:

Tylerb59
November 17th, 2009, 20:04
This thread needs more cowbell! :)

harleyman
November 17th, 2009, 20:27

Not real sure...but a simple., no comment, no post would have worked here just fine...

Willy
November 17th, 2009, 20:33
Not much call for playing a hog fiddle.

tigisfat
November 17th, 2009, 21:59
I've been known to send a few people to the moon with my rock and/or roll before.:mixedsmi:

kimdahl
November 18th, 2009, 05:57
Hi Cody

This is maybe a bit OT, but who is the artist singing on the Orbx NA Blue Pacific Northwest Preview video? My daughter really likes the song, and there are no artist credits in the video...

Regards
Kim

MudMarine
November 18th, 2009, 07:20
Not much call for playing a hog fiddle.

What the blazzes is a hog fiddle Willy?:icon_lol: I play drums, guitar and sax. Drums are a some what new passion.......I love to beat on stuff!:icon_lol:

CodyValkyrie
November 18th, 2009, 07:31
Hi Cody

This is maybe a bit OT, but who is the artist singing on the Orbx NA Blue Pacific Northwest Preview video? My daughter really likes the song, and there are no artist credits in the video...

Regards
Kim

Send me an e-mail at the address I provided above and I'll send you a link to the song that has all the details.

Sorry..But from one who has been involved with the music industry for years..When you get a (Send your demo thingy) with a no guarrantee means (Dont do it!):guinness:

Nothing wrong with that, but also from my perspective, if I paid for every single song out there I wouldn't make a dime... and frankly probably like you I have to put food on the table. I am looking for people who are not necessarily interested in remuneration, hence the no guarantee.

Furthermore, why would I guarantee anything that I have yet to hear anyways? Does that make sense to anyone?

Dangerousdave26
November 18th, 2009, 09:19
CodyValkyrie

Here is a link to Royalty Free music. Its by Kevin MacLeod.

Read the license agreement Most music is made availible under the Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 But (and there is always a but) see the additional requirements.

http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/licenses/

The music is located here in Groups http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free/

Lots of groupings for different feels in the scoring. Pick your way threw and I bet you find something you have been needing or some thing that sparks an idea how to do something else. Lots of diversity.

Of course the main site is http://incompetech.com

Kevin can also do scoring specifically for your projects but that cost $. Might not be very much I don't know.

Good luck

Dave