PDA

View Full Version : ? ETO-How to start a Campaign?

wichner
September 29th, 2008, 02:57
First, ETO looks fantastic and thanks to everyone who spent so much time developing it and for sharing with so many of us that could never begin to do what you have done.
The Spawn program allows for 8 choices and the 6 ERA ones are obvious. What are "Stock Spawn Mode" and "Random Spawn Mode".?? Sorry if this is too basic of a question.
To begin a Campaign you first run the Spawn program and select one of the 8 choices...let's say 'Axis in Phoney War'. What then? Start ETO and select the Phoney war ERA? Again, apologies if this is too basic. Thanks for any direction.

rbp71854
September 29th, 2008, 03:11
Let me expand a little on the campaign readme.

CFS3 ETO EXPANSION CAMPAIGN PLAY
To initiate campaign play you first select the spawn file group you wish to use by opening the ETO Spawn Selector shortcut. You then select the type of spawn configuration by typing in the number of your selection and then Enter.
Next you open the ETO Start shortcut and select the Theater Era that you wish to play. At the opening screen of ETO you then select campaign

Stock Spawn Mode" Allows the stock CFS3 spawns to spawn.
Random Spawn Disable Mode Does not allow random spawns to spawn, only spawns which are in missions will generate.

If you want to play a campaign you 1st select the spawn set you want.
Next you select the ETO Start desktop shortcut
Select your era
Then select campaign
Then select phoney war(new or continue saved campaign.

First, ETO looks fantastic and thanks to everyone who spent so much time developing it and for sharing with so many of us that could never begin to do what you have done.
The Spawn program allows for 8 choices and the 6 ERA ones are obvious. What are "Stock Spawn Mode" and "Random Spawn Mode".?? Sorry if this is too basic of a question.
To begin a Campaign you first run the Spawn program and select one of the 8 choices...let's say 'Axis in Phoney War'. What then? Start ETO and select the Phoney war ERA? Again, apologies if this is too basic. Thanks for any direction.

wichner
September 29th, 2008, 03:59
Thank you for that quick response. Yep, read those readme's 20 times. Very helpful!! (installed on first try and ran the backup successfully)
BUT, there are many CAUTIONS in the readme's and one wrong keystoke could send ETO to oblivion so i'm a bit tentative.
I'm sorry but not sure about stock vs random spawns. Could you select 'stock' in the Spawn program and then any one of the campaigns in ETO?
When/why would you select 'random'? Perhaps know when you would want to use it could help me understand. tks

rbp71854
September 29th, 2008, 04:15
You use the random stock disable if you do not want just any old spawn to show up. Kind of spoils the immersion if you have somthing spawn that should not be there. You use stock spoils where you are interested in being surprised when you get a spawned enemy aircraft and not expecting it.

The cautions are there to help you not do something that will crash your install. The testers spent countless hours in the testing phase and the cautions were created to help you understand the workings of the theater. Something that definately is lacking in the stock ms cfs3 readmes

Thank you for that quick response. Yep, read those readme's 20 times. Very helpful!! (installed on first try and ran the backup successfully)
BUT, there are many CAUTIONS in the readme's and one wrong keystoke could send ETO to oblivion so i'm a bit tentative.
I'm sorry but not sure about stock vs random spawns. Could you select 'stock' in the Spawn program and then any one of the campaigns in ETO?
When/why would you select 'random'? Perhaps know when you would want to use it could help me understand. tks

wichner
September 29th, 2008, 07:11
Oh, I like the cautions and I'm glad the work was done to document why and what. It helps us to understand how the program works.
Appreciate the stock vs random explanation. I believe I've got it now. I will test a few options to better understand. The caution re: Don't exit ETO at an airfield not in the starting ERA frightens me..how would one know? ETO at least appears to have a number of fallback safety features that provides some sense of security.

rbp71854
September 29th, 2008, 07:17
Even if you do exit out of an airfield that is not in the next era, as long as you make sure to select an airfield in the new era before clicking the "fly" button you will be okay.

The caution re: Don't exit ETO at an airfield not in the starting ERA frightens me..how would one know? ETO at least appears to have a number of fallback safety features that provides some sense of security.