PDA

View Full Version : Captainsim C-130X ?

rayhere48
November 16th, 2009, 11:32
Can some one tell me if the demo for Captainsim C-130X works well in FSX, will the full package work ok
(as far as fps). It seems that is should work fine, but not being able to fly the aircraft makes it hard to know for sure.

IanP
November 16th, 2009, 12:10
Most of the FPS hit for the C130X is in the textures, so if you can use the demo with no massive hit, you should be able to use the full package as well.

There's far less of a frame rate dent from their C130 than there is from their airliners.

Paul_Yorks
November 16th, 2009, 12:31
Agreed - the 130's frame rates are amazingly good, given the complexity of the thing.

I remember looking at what I thought was the 2d main panel, for the first time, and thinking - wow! detail city... then I nudged my hat and realised that it was the VC I was looking at! Cor!

I doubt you'll be disappointed, if the demo is good.

spotlope
November 16th, 2009, 13:31
The CS 130 is one of the better-performing of the high-detail planes in my hangar. It was the same for me with their FS9 version as well. Great detail, and excellent frames.

Tweek
November 16th, 2009, 14:20
No problems with performance here either, on a comparitively modest system. I don't even like flying heavies (most of the time), and I still consider it a must have in my hangar, so make of that what you will!

Kavehpd
November 16th, 2009, 23:20
The one and only problem I have with C-130X is the lack of glass cockpit. Everything else is perfect.

ryanbatc
November 17th, 2009, 06:11
I own the C130 for FSX, the Pro Pack or whatever its called.

It's a decent airplane, but the default sounds are bad. They repeat a lot and for the four engines the internal VC sounds are out of whack or something. I try to use freeware sounds but they aren't much better.

I'm not sure of the flight dynamics either... The turning radius is really poor and rudder authority is almost non-existent. I've never flown one but I work them all the time in Duluth as a controller. I've seen them do hard banking maneuvers and turn tight bases. That's nearly impossible in FSX.

The only reason I bought it was beacuse it was super cheap, it was last years Christmas sale I think. I would never spend 80 bucks on the pro pack.

If you can find it cheap then its decent value. I personally wouldn't pay more than 30 bucks for it.

Tweek
November 17th, 2009, 07:57
I'm not sure of the flight dynamics either... The turning radius is really poor and rudder authority is almost non-existent. I've never flown one but I work them all the time in Duluth as a controller. I've seen them do hard banking maneuvers and turn tight bases. That's nearly impossible in FSX.

That's one issue I'm not a fan of. Obviously I'm not in a position to give a lecture on the C-130's flight dynamics, but I'm sure I've seen Herks rolled/turned more rapidly than anything that is possible with the CS one.