PDA

View Full Version : Patching Plum Island for winter

dswo
November 16th, 2009, 09:23
LOL, looks like somebody didn't patch his Plum Island. The tell-tale sign: snow on the immediate airfield in November. If you patch it to v.1.1, it'll sync up with the rest of the area, getting snowy altogether in December.

I noticed this last week, but thought for $15 I probably shouldn't complain. Where can one get the patch? I followed the link in Bill's signature, but there was nothing there about a patch.

bushpilot
November 16th, 2009, 09:27
http://forums.fsaddon.eu/viewtopic.php?t=1242

dswo
November 16th, 2009, 09:30
Thanks, Pekka.

spotlope
November 16th, 2009, 10:45
One of the several small things the patch does is bring the hard winter snow textures in sync - ensuring that the snow on the higher res airport grounds matches that of the slightly lower res rest of the area. In a couple of weeks it won't matter, as they'll be in sync automatically come December 1. It was just a little glitch we had, that for the month of November, there's snow on the field but nowhere else. If you don't feel like downloading the patch (and you run FSX SP2 or Accel), then just set your FS to any other month but November.

For FSX SP1 users, the patch also solves a weird building crash that was happening over the two boats on the runway. SP2/Accel users didn't suffer from that.