PDA

View Full Version : AFS Design - Sukhoi Su-27 FSX

jmig
November 16th, 2009, 05:29
Anyone own this? What is it like? Is it worth the $30.00?

I shows a Garmin 500 in the top right of the instrument panel. Somehow, I question this being in the actual fighter?

http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=2346

MenendezDiego
November 16th, 2009, 05:40
There was a topic about this not too long ago, it turns out she's just a port

falcon409
November 16th, 2009, 06:34
Anyone own this? What is it like? Is it worth the $30.00?
Nothing that guy produces is worth $30.00 or even half that actually.

djscoo
November 16th, 2009, 09:21
It's a port.
I bought it, uninstalled it, and got my money back in a period of about 2 hours....

gajit
November 16th, 2009, 10:55
Its interesting regarding products being released nowadays. The seem to be either fantastic and raising the benchmark or an insult to people using FSX

spotlope
November 16th, 2009, 11:14
Like anything else, we probably talk more about the extremes at both ends of the scale than the vast middle. For instance, I'd place Carenado right in the center of that curve; a good, mature product offering that has quality features, few bugs, but isn't setting the world on fire with new tech either. When they release a new plane, there's a short period of discussion (most of it polite), then we all go fly and don't talk much more about it. It doesn't mean we're not enjoying it, there's just not much to say.

lukecrowley571
November 16th, 2009, 11:21
Gotta agree with gajit, there are still a small number of payware developers turning out truly bad products. AFS Design falls into this category. I'd say you'd be much better off pestering Alphasim to make an FSX version of their Su-33, to be honest. :D

joanvalley
November 16th, 2009, 15:32
Like anything else, we probably talk more about the extremes at both ends of the scale than the vast middle. For instance, I'd place Carenado right in the center of that curve; a good, mature product offering that has quality features, few bugs, but isn't setting the world on fire with new tech either. When they release a new plane, there's a short period of discussion (most of it polite), then we all go fly and don't talk much more about it. It doesn't mean we're not enjoying it, there's just not much to say.

I absolutely agree... this is the kind of products I love, not a lot of fireworks but nothing mediocre about it either.

Jose.

Wombat_VC
November 16th, 2009, 17:48
I was quite disappointed with the version 1 of the AFS Eurofighter. :kilroy: There is a version 2 now and I can actually get it at a discount, but I am hesitant. Any one here tried the version 2?