PDA

View Full Version : Latest PAD Releases!!!

falcon409
November 15th, 2009, 21:53
The guys over at PAD are at it again:
http://www.premaircraft.com/

CG_1976
November 15th, 2009, 21:56
Thank You Falcon for the Hu. Been waiting to see them do the C-130. And they didnt forget the USCG:ernae::icon29:.

falcon409
November 15th, 2009, 22:08
There is a switch in the cockpit to allow the addition of wing tanks. I seem to have a problem with some of the gauges, but that may be on my end, so I'll check my panels first before I check with the folks at PAD.
A few shots:

olaf1924
November 15th, 2009, 22:23
I think that PAD aircraft are still non native fsx and still a no go for me.

harrybasset
November 15th, 2009, 23:34
Thanks very much Premier Team, very nice to have this umpteenth generation Herc readily available.

CG_1976
November 16th, 2009, 00:01
She is friendly im my FSX and earned a honor spot in my YZF hanger. Job well done PAD. Now to look up Canadian schemes.

falcon409
November 16th, 2009, 03:21
I think that PAD aircraft are still non native fsx and still a no go for me.
Yep, and they'll continue to be that way olaf. That's how their aircraft are designed and it won't change. Do yourself a favor and give their aircraft a try. I promise they won't infect your FSX installation, lol.

heywooood
November 16th, 2009, 05:20
man - I just can't take those FS98 cockpits...they seem out of place in FSX:kilroy:

IanP
November 16th, 2009, 06:21
Yep, and they'll continue to be that way olaf. That's how their aircraft are designed and it won't change. Do yourself a favor and give their aircraft a try. I promise they won't infect your FSX installation, lol.

I've tried a number of PAD aircraft and deleted them all. They're just not models that I can use in FSX, although I did use a couple in FS9 as they were the best available for that particular model.

However, how is it doing yourself a favour to download, install and then have to uninstall something that you know you won't use because you don't want FS9 models in your FSX installation? :engel016:

All credit to PAD for producing freeware, but for many people it is "infecting" their FSx installation to slow it down and clog it up with ported models. I don't happen to feel that way and use a number of ports, but I know a large number of people who absolutely only allow native FSX models for either scenery or aircraft. I can see why they would want to do that, to be honest!

falcon409
November 16th, 2009, 06:32
. . . . .All credit to PAD for producing freeware, but for many people it is "infecting" their FSx installation to slow it down and clog it up with ported models.. . . . . . .but I know a large number of people who absolutely only allow native FSX models for either scenery or aircraft. . . . . . .
I respect your right to your opinion Ian and that of others to not "infect" their systems with port-overs. . .personally I find it quite silly, but that's just my opinion.

Back to the topic at hand! Nice job PAD!:applause:

Reddog
November 16th, 2009, 08:41
I respect your right to your opinion Ian and that of others to not "infect" their systems with port-overs. . .personally I find it quite silly, but that's just my opinion.

Back to the topic at hand! Nice job PAD!:applause:

Yes Ed I too find it silly. Have a ton of port overs and love them all but then I'm only running SP1 too.:bump:

dswo
November 16th, 2009, 09:19
I don't fly port-overs anymore, because there are so many good native models available. But installing a port-over won't harm the rest of your aircraft. It will be slower, but it won't slow other things down.

IanP
November 16th, 2009, 10:04
I love it when people reply to part of my posts, cutting out the bit that contradicts their reply...

...or the bit on the original post which they quote themselves, apparently.

And then they wonder why people get grumpy.

Seriously. If you respect someone's opinion, ignoring it and telling them to do the opposite might be construed as slightly disrespectful in itself?

I'm leaving this thread now. It holds no interest to me. For those who are interested however, enjoy your new toy! Can't complain about the price... :d

peter12213
November 17th, 2009, 04:14
Agreed!