PDA

View Full Version : Gager Field

falcon409
November 15th, 2009, 19:10
About 10nm NE of Devils Hopyard. A lot of small strips in this area. . . .kind of a "Target Rich Environment", lol.
I had a few comments about the blend in the last airport image I did and wanted to show where that comes from for those who didn't know.

Also, the image area still has a "cold green" look compared to the default so as "spotlope" suggested, a touch of yellow should warm it up. Thanks Bill!

MCDesigns
November 15th, 2009, 20:16
Nice, for me I like the original color more than the yellow tinted default look, I always hate color matching.

Funny, when I do a blend, I make a white layer and black layer over the original, hide them. Then making sure I am on the black layer, trace the outline of the scenery with feather on and then cut it out of the black layer, but your way works well also.

falcon409
November 15th, 2009, 21:16
Nice, for me I like the original color more than the yellow tinted default look, I always hate color matching.

Funny, when I do a blend, I make a white layer and black layer over the original, hide them. Then making sure I am on the black layer, trace the outline of the scenery with feather on and then cut it out of the black layer, but your way works well also.
Actually to get to my blend, I make the same two layers but before I fill, I freehand trace around the area I want to preserve and fill that (top layer) with white, then fill the other layer with black and then reselect the white knockout and add the blur.

I'm also not fond of color correcting, but these last two images were kinda cold looking and Bill's suggestion made sense. . .all I did though was add a yellow layer over the original image, knock it back to about 6% yellow and save, lol.

falcon409
November 15th, 2009, 21:50
I usually forget to do this, but I did remember this time. . .a before and (not really after, lol) WIP shot.

falcon409
November 16th, 2009, 10:41
Done:
http://www.box.net/shared/static/fabvcxan4k.zip

All default objects, no downloads needed.:wavey: