PDA

View Full Version : Gmax Question: Now what?

Autothrottle
November 15th, 2009, 18:35
I downloaded Gmax 1.2 to start creating aircraft and whatever else modeling I can do for the game to contribute to the CFS3 community.

I have some World War 2 books with information I've been agonizing to use since I got the game.

My only question is: What else do I really need (because I am working with disk space) along with Gmax 1.2 to start making aircraft, ship, guns and whatever else I can make for the game? Do I really need a myriad of programs or just a few to pull it off?

Thanks

Pat Pattle
November 15th, 2009, 21:35
Basically all you need is Gmax, a paint proggy and 6 tons of patience. There are some excellent guides about, just google 'Gmax tutorials'. Very nice to hear of someone else willing to 'have a go', it encourages all of us.

Autothrottle
November 15th, 2009, 22:50
Thanks Pat. You guys really encourage me too. I was just trying out some pics i got of a Heinkel 177 Griffon Bomber in Gmax.

Willing to learn, apt to TRY!

HouseHobbit
November 15th, 2009, 23:37
I have been playing with G Max for a couple months ( on and Off) now..I managed to build a BOX, and a a couple of other simple objects..It does require one to have patience, but I am still learning to model, I hope in time to beable to build aircraft.. There are some great places to get info on all of this I have downloaded several How to's, And I have been reading them with a online dictionary..I shall admit I have alot to learn, But I hope you also will try this, and not give up..I see it will be a lot for me to learn, But maybe not for you to learn..:ernae:

NachtPiloten
November 16th, 2009, 04:38
Do not forget the download and install the sdk's from microsoft game site

http://www.microsoft.com/games/Combatfs3/

Scroll down and you'll see the aircraft and vehicle sdk, mission builder and terrain files. You only need the first to build aircraft and such. Install them and open up an airplane. Study it.

Make simple objects from the rollout screen (standard primitives). Make boxes, planes, all types of stuff. Play around with the tabs and see what they do. Get a few tutorials. Be sure to follow the directions carefully!

this is one is the best IMHO for beginners.

http://www.simviation.com/gryphon/tutorials/gMax_00.htm

You can download it and reference it all the time. It does a very nice job of getting you started.

Last, you need to understand that this takes time, folks go to school for a long time to learn how to make these objects.

I can not tell you how long it has taken me to be ok with it.

Good luck!

viso
November 16th, 2009, 19:02
My only question is: What else do I really need (because I am working with disk space) along with Gmax 1.2 to start making aircraft, ship, guns and whatever else I can make for the game? Do I really need a myriad of programs or just a few to pull it off?

Thanks
Just one of a zillion tutorials out there for gmax. The first few pages go over the bits and pieces that you need.
http://www3.telus.net/murrdaka/tutorial/B2BNZ.htm

Autothrottle
November 16th, 2009, 21:13
Thanks for the info, I will definitely take my time with Gmax.