PDA

View Full Version : 'Chad/Jimmie Juggernaut Keeps Pluggin' Away...'

Panther_99FS
November 15th, 2009, 18:20
2 Things separate this team from the others...

1) When other teams have a good day (Top 5), the #48 team has a better day & wins the race...

2) A "bad day" for the #48 team usually is 15th or so.....Whereas as others get DNF's....

And finally,
How about Hendrick Motorsports in general.....Is any team better than them?

stansdds
November 16th, 2009, 01:55
Hendrick had been the dominant force this season. RCR and Jeff Burton have really come alive in the last part of this season, they might have something next year. Don't count out Joe Gibbs either, Hamlin is showing consistency now and Kyle Busch will be back looking for a lot of wins next year.

As for Jimmy, I think he needs to finish 25th or better next week to lock up the championship, so it's still going to be a race to the finish. You never know what might happen, Talladega proved that last week.

Cazzie
November 16th, 2009, 03:04
Rick Hendricks knows that when the chemistry is right, don;t change it.

Ever since JJ and CK hooked up, there has been a chemistry between the two that was only perhaps challenged by Smoke and Zimpy. Knaus is the top crew chief in NASCAR, bar none, and worth every penny he makes. JJ is a second rate driver in the best damn car in NASCAR. But no mistake, put another crew chief with JJ and I bet he turns up nothing. They ought to give the Championship award to Chad Knaus, he's the best thing JJ and Rick Hendricks have that the rest of NASCAR does not.

Caz

EasyEd
November 16th, 2009, 18:22
Hey All,

Caz I think you feelin a bit put out... So what if Denny couldn't run down Jimmie on sunday and faded to 3rd.

Before you put Jimmie down maybe you out to start checking the records a bit.

Kyle Busch - Year end point standings - 20th (2005), 10th (2006), 5th (2007), 10th (2008), worse than 12th (2009) and has 16 wins so he averages 3.2 wins/yr. If Kyle can win 31 races in the next 2 years he'll tie where Jimmie is now.
Denny Hamlin - Year end point standings - 3rd (2006), 12th (2007), 11th (2008), out of the top 5 (2009) and has 7 wins so he averages 1.75 wins/yr. If Denny can win 40 races in the next 4 years he'll tie where Jimmie is now.
Jimmie Johnson - Year end point standings 5th (2002), 2nd (2003), 2nd (2004), 5th (2005), 2006 - 2008 1st every year, 2009 probably (hopefully) 1st again and has 47 wins so he averages 5.875 wins/yr.

Both Busch and Hamlin were ROYs and Jimmie wasn't but the criteria were different so the comparison isn't fair. He was higher than any other ROY candidate in total points but they only counted the 15 best races then.

The numbers show how both Kyle and Denny rate next to Jimmie.

Caz you claim it is all Knaus but I have yet to see Knaus drive the car. Where would darrel Waltrip have been without Jeff Hammond? By your logic Gordon isn't good it was all Evernham for 3 of 4 championships, maybe 4 of Earnhardt's Championships weren't Dale at all but Shelmerdine his CC or Richert when he won his first or Petree when he won his last 2, maybe Richard Petty couldn't drive at all because it was all Dale Inman who directed Richard to 7 Championships. You see there is a history of drivers gelling with CCs to win championships - Johnson and Knaus are just following long established NASCAR tradition. I've never heard anybody say DW, Jeff, Dale and Richard couldn't drive but by your logic you would.

Come on now - really.

-Ed-

An edit: Jimmie and Chad could easily have 5 or 6 championships after Sunday if they had had some luck. But that aside Jimmie and Chad have won (if all goes well Sunday) half of the championships available to them as a team. Your seeing history being made. Enjoy it. My gut feel is they are both looking at the number 8 - at least 8 championships each to beat Inman, Petty and Earnhardt and we'll have the opportunity to watch them try. Don't know if they can do it but they've sure got a shot at it. They both know the battle (race) wins will come - if they just stay focused on winning the wars (championships).

smoores
November 16th, 2009, 19:57
The headlines should read: :"Chad Knaus wins 4th consecutive championship, becomes best crew chief ever"