PDA

View Full Version : Catalina gmax pics

NachtPiloten
November 15th, 2009, 09:10
Here are a few pics from gmax. First is the exterior, then gun blisters, and finally the pit.

SLIP STREAM
November 15th, 2009, 09:24
i guess a catalina !! oh wrong thread. lol thanks for the shots ted.looks exellent,you've even got the interior of the blisters done. :ernae:

hairyspin
November 15th, 2009, 10:03
Ooohhhh! Details, details! And odd though this may seem, it's pictures like this that tell the aspiring modeller so much - walls of text do tend to bore after a while. Thanks Ted, both for the pics and what they tell. :applause::applause::applause:

Could I ask what the node out front is for? Looks like a model to keep, btw.

NachtPiloten
November 15th, 2009, 10:17
The blisters and interior are the work of sdsbolt. I just have the pleasure of making it all work. The node out front is an emitter that is playing catch me if you can, seriously I merged some emitters and just have not placed them yet.

Can anyone tell me what is different about the gauges in this plane and the stock microsoft ones? I'll be hurt if no one can tell the difference:icon_lol:.

SLIP STREAM
November 15th, 2009, 10:47
the artificial horizion and compass look more authentic. to hard to see the rest in good detail.

Mathias
November 15th, 2009, 11:12
Can anyone tell me what is different about the gauges in this plane and the stock microsoft ones? I'll be hurt if no one can tell the difference:icon_lol:.

They are 3d as opposed to the flat quads the stock gauges are!
Great work Ted, congrats!

hairyspin
November 15th, 2009, 11:30
They are 3d as opposed to the flat quads the stock gauges are!

That's what I mean by details. We read of these things from time to time, but to see a gmax pic of them is a big help.
I did know sdsbolt was working with you on this, his VC development pic was posted a while back. Perhaps Bravo/4 will be skinning this - teamwork at its best!

pachi
November 15th, 2009, 16:50
oh wow thnx for the pics, beautiful work, simply stunning :applause::applause::ernae:

lewis11777
November 15th, 2009, 17:41
Hey Ted forgive my ignorance but what are those little 3D boxes throughout the aircraft?

Autothrottle
November 15th, 2009, 17:59
Boy Ted really makes everything look easy. Can't wait to fly her!

sdsbolt
November 15th, 2009, 18:40
gauges look good!

Capt. Winters
November 15th, 2009, 19:27
Hey Ted forgive my ignorance but what are those little 3D boxes throughout the aircraft?

Hi Lewis,
I'm sure others will explain in more detail but basically the little boxes are used to tell the game where to attach pylons (hard points) to the plane or where to initiate effects (emitters) from such as exhuast start up effects etc. some of the larger boxes are part of the parent structure, such as nose, engines etc et c

Ted & sdsbolt,

Awsome job Guys, a very much needed model for cfs3.

regards Rob.

lewis11777
November 15th, 2009, 19:37
Roger that, thanks CW!

Pat Pattle
November 15th, 2009, 21:32
Incredible! What a very nice surprise for a dark Monday morning. Stephan and Ted you boys rock!
:applause::applause::applause:

This sim just keeps getting better and better.

cristiano103
November 15th, 2009, 23:50
For Ted, John, Stephan and all the others like them I could only repeat the words that England's Prime Minister had for RAF Pilots after BoB ....... I am sure You all know what I mean!

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
Cristiano

BeauBrummie
November 16th, 2009, 07:21
CFS3 Coastal Command thank you from the bottom of their hearts

SLIP STREAM
November 16th, 2009, 08:18
oh man john bravo, your going to get really piled on.we need at least 6 standalones to cover the 3 theaters.usn and raf.:icon_lol: your wife is going to hate us,lol

Bravo/4
November 16th, 2009, 09:44
No problem doing the main model skins,once the template is done, it's the pits that take most of the time, especially on the bigger multi stationed aircraft!:mixedsmi: Looking forward to doing this one though!

I'll do my usual balacing tricks, and keep my wife happy, well sort of happy!:icon_lol:

Frosty
November 16th, 2009, 13:10
What can I say but 'droooooool'... :medals::medals:

I like that one a lot!! Are we gonna get a SAR skin too, John? The 5th ERS flew OA-I0A Catalina flying boats from Halesworth in the last months of the war. That airfield is on the ACC list, so it would be nice to have a Cat sitting on the tarmac.

Bravo/4
November 16th, 2009, 13:57
What can I say but 'droooooool'... :medals::medals:

I like that one a lot!! Are we gonna get a SAR skin too, John? The 5th ERS flew OA-I0A Catalina flying boats from Halesworth in the last months of the war. That airfield is on the ACC list, so it would be nice to have a Cat sitting on the tarmac.

I'll add it to the list Joost, no problem!

BeauBrummie
November 17th, 2009, 00:33
For my twopenny'th I'd like to see the Catalania of Flt. Lt. John A Cruickshank (http://www.beauscfs3.leaveningonline.com/html/cruickshank_vc.html), one of the 4 Coastal Command VC's. He flew in 210 Sqn, here's a profile of one of their aircraft.

http://www.wingsforfreedom.com/Shop/prodimages/b57.jpg

Or the Norwegian 333 sqn some of who flew Mossies with the Banff wing, but the rest flew all sorts of special ops over Norway in their Catalinas

http://pic.wpalette.com///camms/ar/581/pics/9_3.jpg

No pressure eh John :isadizzy:

NachtPiloten
November 17th, 2009, 05:01
The pressure! :isadizzy: First my turkey matured and had babies and now we are planning for skins and versions of the plane and I am still fiddling with it. Well at least I know she'll be downloaded and used.

rbp71854
November 17th, 2009, 05:32
Nice work Ted and Steve.

A black cat would be appropriate as well.

http://www.daveswarbirds.com/blackcat/

BeauBrummie
November 17th, 2009, 06:01
Well at least I know she'll be downloaded and used.

Now that's understatement

Bravo/4
November 17th, 2009, 10:53
There will be a small set number of standalones released, not spoken with Ted regards the schemes or numbers yet.

I'm happy to do as many skins that are needed, especially for the mission builders, but you guy's will have to make your own standalones after the initial release, otherwise it all gets very complicated, and then me and Ted start shouting at each other, especially when different versions are needed!:icon_lol: The Lancaster and Halifax got way out of control on that score, it seemed to go on for ever! Ted needs to move on to his other models, (and maybe a very short break?):mixedsmi:

The model will be in the paint shop very soon, this aircraft has been a long time coming to CFS3, I'm Glad Ted and Steve took the time to finally model it!

If you guys have any info on skins you would like to see, post em, or send them to me! (Don't forget this is the amphibious version)

HouseHobbit
November 17th, 2009, 13:19
God bless you and your effort, a catalina is something we all have been wanting,,THANK YOU VERY MUCH:ernae: