PDA

View Full Version : The Lizards Are Back, Anyone Watching The New "V"?

Dain Arns
November 14th, 2009, 20:06
First episode seemed like a real yawner. I watched the second episode tonight on Hulu.com and thankfully, they picked up the pace quite a bit. Least they let everyone know they are lizards in disguise right away, but it seems to have some new twists on the plot. Special effects are better.

But, still seems to borrow, well like most everything these days, with the "Aliens are among us already!" theme. Kinda like "BSG", or "The Invaders", or "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"... I guess it's a little like "Lost" too, but I never saw that show.

Who amongst us is a lizard? Scary. :icon_lol:

Naismith
November 14th, 2009, 23:20
V was a big yawn first time around. There does seem to be a complete lack of imagination amongst TV producers these days.
"Lost" started out quite good but has probably gone on too long.
"Prison Break", started out quite an interesting idea but has descended into the banal.
Seems they are trying to squeeze every last penny out of these series by dragging them out 2 or 3 seasons too long.
Otherwise there seems a current plethora of supernatural claptrap.
About the only recent series which did not outlive its appeal to my mind was The Sopranos and before that The West Wing.
It could be worse, more reality shows!
Trouble is, too many channels and not enough talent to fill up the space.

Brian_Gladden
November 15th, 2009, 03:29
And they cancel innovative shows like Firefly, Drive, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Dollhouse...

So we can have more Dancing with Iguanas or some claptrap.

OF course all those shows have Alum's of Firefly. That means that V, Castle and Chuck will be canceled soon because they all use cast members from Firefly.

Sorry, when you cut me I bleed Brown. Firefly should be in it's seventh season right now :angryfir: (Yes I'm narrow minded that way :icon_lol: )

In truth, I watched the V's premier. I liked it. Remember, it seemed rushed because the original had two hours for it's premire vs. the new version having one. I'll be watching the second episode later today on HULU.

Brian

cheezyflier
November 15th, 2009, 07:06
just say no to tv.....and to crack.

but especially tv

:wavey:

kilo delta
November 15th, 2009, 07:53
I preferred the original V series ....though back in my youth cheesy programs were the norm....The A-Team, Knight Rider, AirWolf, Magnum PI, etc etc. Hard to believe that it originally aired 25 years ago....man I'm getting old!:kilroy::icon_lol:
I'm not too impressed with the poor quality CGI of the new series neither, however I'll watch the first 4 episodes before I make my mind up fully about the show

Silver Fox
November 15th, 2009, 10:14
I'm not sure about V as a series... but the casting is excellent. SciFi fans want to trust Inara... Errr... Anna. :) Then we see a member of the Joint Visitor Task Force... was a member of the Cylon Final Five? You almost have to distrust that character.

They are missing lots from the original... have to see how it goes.

Eoraptor1
November 15th, 2009, 10:29
I'll watch anything with Inara in it; dark hair, intense. That's my thing. Now, if we could only find a way to work Zoe in...

JAMES

srgalahad
November 15th, 2009, 11:30
Seems they are trying to squeeze every last penny out of these series by dragging them out 2 or 3 seasons too long.

Trouble is, too many channels and not enough talent to fill up the space.
A lot of that stems from the fact that they need 100 episodes to get full syndication ( so it will go on forever in re-runs) and with only 18-21 episodes a year now - used to be 26 guaranteed - they have to project a five year run. Draggggggg itttttttttttttt outttttttttttttttt.

I was reading an interview about V and one of the producers explained that 'since a lot of people already know the basic story line they were going to get the background run through quickly so 'fans' didn't get bored waiting.
I admit I've only seen a few minutes here and there (I'm stuck in the past) so I have to ask.. has Anna eaten a mouse yet???????

GT182
November 15th, 2009, 11:47

OF course all those shows have Alum's of Firefly. That means that V, Castle and Chuck will be canceled soon because they all use cast members from Firefly.

Sorry, when you cut me I bleed Brown. Firefly should be in it's seventh season right now :angryfir: (Yes I'm narrow minded that way :icon_lol: )

Brian

I couldn't agree more, I feel the same way as you. I want my Serentity back.

Gdavis101
November 15th, 2009, 13:14
I don't know what to think about V yet.. I am almost afraid to get into it just because it could get canceled being a new show and all. I was really into Jericho, The Unit, Terminator and SG Atlantis... All gone! Now we have SG Universe, which is, in my opinion, way off track with the Stargate story lines!

Piglet
November 15th, 2009, 15:13
has Anna eaten a mouse yet???????

In the orig V, a lizard ate a giunea-pig. Cheesy effect! Just had the g-p running into a fake head...
haven't watched the new V yet, been watching Clone Wars series.

Dain Arns
November 15th, 2009, 15:52
Anna reminds me too much of an ex-boss. Same blank stare. Maybe she was a lizard! :icon_lol:

In the orig V, a lizard ate a giunea-pig. Cheesy effect! Just had the g-p running into a fake head...
haven't watched the new V yet, been watching Clone Wars series.

Oh I almost forgot that is out, I need to go pick that up. Thanks for the reminder, Tim.

Good 3d animation, not a cell cartoon. :running: