PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Airliners Super 80 Professional

CodyValkyrie
November 12th, 2009, 21:41
Enjoy!

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bfA_kNpz-2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bfA_kNpz-2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

High Resolution Download:
http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/movies/commercial/flightsimulator/flight1_md80_wmv.zip

YouTube Stream:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfA_kNpz-2w

Kind regards,
-Cody

Marlin
November 13th, 2009, 00:12
As usual :applause::applause::icon29::applause::applause:

bushpilot
November 13th, 2009, 07:49
Great stuff:medals: My second favorite tubeliner (the favorite being Super80 Classic:mixedsmi:).

SirBenn21
November 13th, 2009, 09:26
:applause::medals::medals::applause:

spotlope
November 13th, 2009, 10:34
Yup, that's a mighty fine bird. The difference between the CoolSky MD series and most others is in the extremely well designed training aids. It's why I keep coming back to this plane when trying to get the hang of a tube. Too many other complex add-ons seem to assume I've already got an ATP license.

CodyValkyrie
November 13th, 2009, 20:03
Too many other complex add-ons seem to assume I've already got an ATP license.
WHAT?! You don't?!

:D

JamesChams
November 14th, 2009, 05:08
Yup, that's a mighty fine bird. The difference between the CoolSky MD series and most others is in the extremely well designed training aids. It's why I keep coming back to this plane when trying to get the hang of a tube. Too many other complex add-ons seem to assume I've already got an ATP license.
Mr. Bill Womack "spotlope,"
Its NOT the ATP license that gives you this knowledge; that's just a qualification for operations in that environment; you'll have to get what is called a "TYPE RATING" for that aircraft by going to a school that is authorized to teach and qualify pilot in its equipment. Big $$,$$$ :isadizzy: more most business' let alone individuals. So, NOW perhaps, you'll understand WHY Flight Simulator is a really nice inexpensive "Toy" for pilots that want to fly many aircraft that in real life they may not be able to for various circumstances because the opportunity is simply NOT available to every individual. Also, there should be a FREE "HOW-To" FMS operations manual on the web - perhaps you could Google for it.

Good Luck! :)

Mr. Cody B.,
Nice video; but why are we "stealing" ATC audio from FSDT's Home Page?
LOL :icon_lol:

PS: This and McPhat Studios' repaints are on my Christmas list! :)

Navy Chief
November 14th, 2009, 05:13
Thanks Cody. Loved the video!

NC

Boomer
November 14th, 2009, 06:13
Great Vid Cody! Your most impressive to date.

I had the MD80 for FS9 & it was my most loved tube. I am sure for FSX it is stunning.

spotlope
November 14th, 2009, 07:55
Mr. Bill Womack "spotlope,"
Its NOT the ATP license that gives you this knowledge; that's just a qualification for operations in that environment; you'll have to get what is called a "TYPE RATING" for that aircraft by going to a school that is authorized to teach and qualify pilot in its equipment. Big $$,$$$ :isadizzy: more most business' let alone individuals. So, NOW perhaps, you'll understand WHY Flight Simulator is a really nice inexpensive "Toy" for pilots that want to fly many aircraft that in real life they may not be able to for various circumstances because the opportunity is simply NOT available to every individual. Also, there should be a FREE "HOW-To" FMS operations manual on the web - perhaps you could Google for it.

Good Luck! :)

Mr. Cody B.,

PS: This and McPhat Studios' repaints are on my Christmas list! :)

Thanks, James. I have done that free FMS tutorial, and have taken advantages of the extensive training options available in this particular bird. I think other devs could learn a lot about pilot training from the way Espen and crew have built the MD80. It's clearly an area where they have a lot of expertise.

CodyValkyrie
November 14th, 2009, 12:07
Mr. Cody B.,
At first I didn't know what the heck you were talking about. Then I opened up the FSDT website and had a chuckle. Yes, it does sound familiar. Our high end recordings were from live (but pre-recorded) ATC chatterings. It is however possible, due to the inclination of the voices that are very similar, that we used the same sources for our audio. Regardless, to be perfectly clear to anyone out there, all our audio sources are either purchased, royalty/copyright free or we have been given specific rights to use the audio. Any other audio used or spliced in our non-commercial content falls strictly under fair use.

HighGround22
November 14th, 2009, 15:49
. . . is in the extremely well designed training aids. . . . Ah, decision made! Thanks for that critical little snippet of info, Bill. Greatly appreciated -- as always.

spotlope
November 14th, 2009, 17:48
Glad to be of help, Jon. Seriously, the cockpit training feature of the Super 80 is one of its strongest points.

CodyValkyrie
November 14th, 2009, 18:18
Glad to be of help, Jon. Seriously, the cockpit training feature of the Super 80 is one of its strongest points.
Precisely why we are working on a video of it.

JamesChams
November 14th, 2009, 19:57
Mr. Cody B.,

It was just something I noticed and NOT an attempt to pick on you (your work).
BTW: Looking forward to your MD-80 instructional videos. :wavey:

EgoR64
November 15th, 2009, 06:45
:ernae:

Great Video - Sold me -

This is a great Tube - I really like it, Well Done - The FMS is identical to the Captain Sim 757 and 767 - real easy to use, Very FPS friendly - I enjoy the FPS friendly Cockpit as well -

bushpilot
November 15th, 2009, 08:10
:ernae:
Very FPS friendly - I enjoy the FPS friendly Cockpit as well -

Yep it's very frame friendly, probably the reason why I fell in love with Super80 in the first place. Back when I was running my older PC this was the only tube I could fly in FSX with good frames:ernae:.

CodyValkyrie
November 15th, 2009, 13:54
Mr. Cody B.,

It was just something I noticed and NOT an attempt to pick on you (your work).
BTW: Looking forward to your MD-80 instructional videos. :wavey:
No worries mate. Just being clear with folks. I got the humor in it, but had to think a bit first. D'oh.