PDA

View Full Version : Tileproxy

olaf1924
November 12th, 2009, 18:05
My question is is any one here at soh using christian buchners tileproxy. A few reviews before I try it would be most appreciated.

falcon409
November 12th, 2009, 18:29
My question is is any one here at soh using christian buchners tileproxy. A few reviews before I try it would be most appreciated.
I know Lionheart was using it, not sure if he still is though. I used it in FS9 and it was a tad bit skittish to get started but that's probably been updated and made easier than it used to be. It's made to be flown in a slow aircraft basically as it takes a bit for the tiles to write to the screen and be stored in cache the first time. However, even after you've flown a specific area, you still can't fly fast aircraft, especially if you have a slower PC. I thought it was cool the first time I tried it, but it's a novelty more than anything IMHO. There is no autogen and that's my biggest problem with it. It looks great from a few thousand feet, but as you get lower, the effect is lost and you get an idea of what FSX would look like with everything turned off, lol.

olaf1924
November 12th, 2009, 19:05
Thanks falcon :running:

Wombat_VC
November 13th, 2009, 00:15
I was using it on my FSX. Worked as it was designed. The only problem was that the map providers didn't have hi-res pics for areas that I wanted to fly in.