PDA

View Full Version : Back From An Extended Vacation

GT182
November 11th, 2009, 12:12
Hi guys. Just getting back on from a little vactaion. Computer breakdown, car shows, and busy as all getout has kept me away. All is well otherwise.

Looks like you all have been busy with the keyboards. LOL Oh, got something special to show you from this past Sunday. But I'll post that in a separate thread. ;)

Wittpilot
November 11th, 2009, 13:05
Hey Gary, welcome back.... I actually remember asking Snuffy what the heck happened to ya... Last I remember reading from you, you were about to do your weekend stint with the Collings Foundation! You have a lot of catching up to do friend....

-witt

GT182
November 11th, 2009, 13:12
Yeah, I know. LOL And it's good to be back... thanks Witt. I do have some photos from that show that I'll post soon, but I have to scan them into my computer. Most of the ones I took didn't turn out to well. :frown: :redface: There are a couple tho that I can upload. But that will be later this week. Still getting a few things sorted out with this reformat and my HP scanner.

Curtis P40
November 11th, 2009, 14:40
:wavey: Welcome back. Can you shed any light on what's up with the FAA and the ME262 and Storch?
Curt

GT182
November 11th, 2009, 16:17
Thanks Curt. As far as I know and have heard, the 282 will be on tour in 2010. As for the FAA, they can always throw a monkeywrench in anyone's plans. ;) Tho the twisted wing ordeal is straightened out, as far as I know. The wings were made that way on purpose. IIRC, so inboard of the engines didn't stall out causing loss of control to the whole wing...... the twist gave the outboard wing lift authority.

Here's Legend Flyers with White 1 and videos. White one is the 262 Collings now ownes. It was donated by a retired Judge in Texas that owned it for a number of years.
http://www.stormbirds.com/project/index.html

Me262 at the ILA2006 in Berlin (original sound)... watch this video of an actual restored original 262 that's in Germany. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7620890100890480&q=me%2B262&pr=goog-sl#

Just so you know.... I was told that White 1 can be configured as a singleseat or dual seat/control 262.

rayrey10
November 11th, 2009, 19:13
Welcome back Gary, kinda missed you at Canelo's!

Snuffy
November 12th, 2009, 03:07
You mean you was gone?

And yeah even though Witt said something, I acted like it was no big deal. LOL!

WB. :ernae:

GT182
November 12th, 2009, 06:38
Thanks Ray....... and Ted. :icon_lol:

Kofschip
November 12th, 2009, 15:44
Welcome back GT. Watch out for Snuffy, he has been living dangerously lately (trying to provoke C9G). :bump::bump:

GT182
November 12th, 2009, 16:05
Thanks Kofs.

Oh, don't worry about Snuffy. He's harmless, he's in Florida. I hear they're keeping the statleline closed so he can't leave. And what can't get out can't hurt anyone. ;)

Snuffy
November 13th, 2009, 03:24
... he's in Florida. I hear they're keeping the statleline closed so he can't leave. ...

You have no idea how close to reality that seems too ...:173go1:

GT182
November 13th, 2009, 04:48
Oh come on now Snuffy.... it can't be that bad. Surely you could get out of there if you really wanted to and head back north. I just don't understand why tho that you'd want to head back to NY State. It is not a nice place to live anymore..... just like 49 other states. ;)