PDA

View Full Version : Autopilot Help

LTCSZ
November 11th, 2009, 10:49
I know I have this info somewhere, but, having a serious Senior Moment, I can't find it...What are the two lines that you place in the aircraft.cfg autopilot section that allow you to keep the altitude hold but disable the other modes? In other words, I want to hold altitude and be able to manually change heading...Thanks for taking mercy on a failing memory...

Steve in Kansas

falcon409
November 11th, 2009, 11:25
I know I have this info somewhere, but, having a serious Senior Moment, I can't find it...What are the two lines that you place in the aircraft.cfg autopilot section that allow you to keep the altitude hold but disable the other modes? In other words, I want to hold altitude and be able to manually change heading...Thanks for taking mercy on a failing memory...

Steve in Kansas
Didn't know there was such a thing. I know you can do it with a few keystrokes. . ."Z" to activate the AP, then ctl+Z to hold altitude. Once you get your heading, ctl+H will hold that as well.

LTCSZ
November 11th, 2009, 11:28
Yeah, there is such a thing...I am still looking...It is one of those lines that uses =0 and =1 to turn it on or off...Of course, then the keystrokes you mention do not work...

falcon409
November 11th, 2009, 11:42
Yeah, there is such a thing...I am still looking...It is one of those lines that uses =0 and =1 to turn it on or off...Of course, then the keystrokes you mention do not work...
Yea, as long as there's an Autopilot section in the cfg, even if it isn't working in the sim, I just set it to "1" and I can use the keystrokes. Hope you find the fix for it.

lifejogger
November 11th, 2009, 11:54
I think this what you want:

use_no_default_bank=1
use_no_default_pitch=1

Add these two line to your aircraft cfg in the autopilot section.