PDA

View Full Version : WIndows 7 - No Trees

rafael
November 10th, 2009, 21:10
Hi Folks,

i have installed CFS3 after a long time, now on Windows 7. Standing on the runway preparing for the take off, i have noticed that there are no trees. Buildings, Bridges and stuff everything is in place but no trees. Maybe a minor issue but i can`t find the answer.
It would be nice if someone can tell me what`s wrong....

Cheers

Rafael

Autothrottle
November 10th, 2009, 22:10
Have you tried the Display Options Tab in the Options panel to the top right of your screen?

Check Display options, then select what screen resolution you want to run. Either 860 by something or other or 1078 by 1268.

Then select the attributes you want like Aircraft quality, Terrain or Scenery Quality and set your sliders to 2 or higher, depending on your graphics card. That should give you some trees to look at.

I had to run the Terrain and Scenery levels to 1 on my card because it cost me too many framerates per second in gameplay. Sucks all the speed you can play with in the game.

Anyways, try it out and keep up the thread if you need anything else.

rafael
November 11th, 2009, 21:58
Thank you Autothrottle but i had no success with the any of the settings.

I have a GeForce 6800 Graphic Card and for Windows 7 i have the Force Ware 191.03 driver installed. Might be a driver issue but It seems that i am the only one with this problem. I will keep you informed if i have any success.

Cheers

Rafael

Autothrottle
November 11th, 2009, 22:28
Have you tried checking the Display Options Tab while you are in the game?

It might not be a problem with your drivers or graphics card. Check out my thread: What I saw in my Heinkel 111 whenever you have the time and see what my graphics card did to me until I switched the sliders down a bit.

Keep trying and keep in the forums mate.

rafael
November 12th, 2009, 13:44
No luck with the trees. I did a new install and updated the graphic driver but still no woods, not even white squares. Without trees the scenery looks a bit odd to me. I keep on tryin but not now. IŽll gonna have a beer or two or maybe three, or....

rafael
November 12th, 2009, 22:54
Hi All,

found out now that no objects from the scenerysheet are generated. So i don`t have any trees, cities or villages. Any ideas on driver, settings anything that might help?

Cheers

Rafael