PDA

View Full Version : Changes in flight sim

Crashwoody1
November 10th, 2009, 20:42
I started in flight simulation with fs5, then went to fs98/cfs1 and on and on.
In the beginning it was pretty exciting. Designers were constantly coming up with new break throughs and stuff, I remember when Bill lyles put out the 1st virtual cockpit with a moving joy stick! Every one just DROPPED a brick right there, then the race was on..LOL!:ernae::applause:
Me and Mark Dyson broke open what came to be called the "Slider Code" and put out a ww1 dr1 with the very 1st real rotating wheels with full damage effects for cfs2! every one went nuts.. it was truly a very exciting time in flight sim.
Flight sim has matured and now it has a solid foundation, with nothing really new to crack its boiling down to tradition and a real old club like community with a few designers that stand out and a lot of fans that have their favorite designers. And the unique styles of each designer is getting a lot more noticeable. It reminds me of when I was a kid in school and we all collected hockey cards, and every one wanted my Gretzky rookie card.. lol and we all had our favorite cards and we traded them and horded them. But there was always this silent tradition and you didn't last long if you broke the golden rule.... Well I'm finding that flight sim is now starting to have this very interesting following that has matured with it and now there is a "way" in the community that isn't spoken, its just silently known and expected and respected.
As years go on the traditions will get more ingrained and the "Way" will get deeper ingrained. We will get to know the rhythm of all of the designers and have that unspoken feeling of, "Yeah he will release something soon, he always dose one in the fall and one in the spring,and then the phone calls to buddies will happen and speculation on who is do what and why will go on and on for years to come. They will say " I wonder what he will built for us this year?" Hehe. Its a great privilege to be apart of this great Hobie and have the respect of you guys and other designers. Its a great place to hang out.

And its just the way I like it. :applause:

Tom/ Crashwoody