PDA

View Full Version : AI Spitfire/Merlin Engine Sounds...

letsgetrowdy
November 10th, 2009, 10:22
Hi all,

Now, I know I have said I will upload a lot of things, and then haven't got around to doing it, such as my RealAir Spitfire repaints. I'm sorry about this guys, but I promise I will do it one day...

Any way, I've just finished (well, basically)* completing an AI sound-system for a Merlin engine, be it RealAir, Aeroplane Heaven, or A2A Spitfire, and I am ( I don't want to boast) quite proud of myself, as it is something special.
This is the perfect add-on for Fs-recorder users (like me), who enjoy flying a display, then parking up, and watching it from the ground, as if at an Airshow. With this, which will be in the SOH library soon (That's a promise, I swear) you can now hear the Rolls-Royce Merlin at two throttle levels, and two different views (front and back).

I managed to obtain these noises a few weekends ago, when I was allowed to go onto the flightline at an airshow at Goodwood, and take a recording during an idle, and a run-up. These sound clips were taken from the Spitfire IX "MH434" or G-ASJV.

Have a look at the youtube link www.youtube.com/shakycamerapictures (http://www.youtube.com/shakycamerapictures) in an hour or so to watch a little video preview....

*I'm having a little bit of difficulty with making the "cycle" of the sound clip for full throttle/front loop smoothly. I will probably upload it with this error, and then upload a patch when I can fix this later.

letsgetrowdy
November 10th, 2009, 11:48
Here is a quick preview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKPtw2G6VZk[

letsgetrowdy
November 10th, 2009, 12:22
Will be in library tommorow......
If any one's interested :monkies:

GBrutus
November 10th, 2009, 14:37
Just watched the clip, very impressive.

Javis
June 19th, 2010, 02:05
Hi there Rowdy,

Just curious, did you manage to finish up your AI Merlin sound project ?....

Also, which Spitfire models do you use as AI ?.....

And lastly, isn't it so that FS-Recorder replays the soundsuite that comes with the model(s) you use ?

Thanks for your reply on forehand.:salute:

cheers,
jan

flyingip
June 19th, 2010, 04:27
Hi there Rowdy,

Just curious, did you manage to finish up your AI Merlin sound project ?....

Also, which Spitfire models do you use as AI ?.....

And lastly, isn't it so that FS-Recorder replays the soundsuite that comes with the model(s) you use ?

Thanks for your reply on forehand.:salute:

cheers,
jan

Would be cool if it was finished :jump:

@Jan: It depends: If you choose replay, you will hear the sound files of the model, if you choose replay as ai, you will hear ai sounds.

cheers.

jetstreamsky
June 19th, 2010, 05:49
Would be cool if it was finished :jump:

@Jan: It depends: If you choose replay, you will hear the sound files of the model, if you choose replay as ai, you will hear ai sounds.

cheers.

Not if you make a soundai folder in the aircraft folder with a soundai.cfg to alias the aircraft sound folder and then make a copy of the sound.cfg in the aircraft sound folder and rename it as soundai.cfg

Javis
June 20th, 2010, 03:04

Ok!

I suppose the performance of the played-back video might be involved here ? Less if you go with the first option ?.....

Rowdy, are you there ??.....

cheers,
jan

Javis
June 20th, 2010, 03:06
Not if you make a soundai folder in the aircraft folder with a soundai.cfg to alias the aircraft sound folder and then make a copy of the sound.cfg in the aircraft sound folder and rename it as soundai.cfg

sounds pretty complex.. :d

cheers,
jan

flyingip
June 20th, 2010, 03:21
Ok!

I suppose the performance of the played-back video might be involved here ? Less if you go with the first option ?.....

Yes. Performance will be different between both options. Though if you choose as AI, the performence would be less, because then you can still fly around while your replay file is playing.
then you can chase your own replay. :salute:

Hope this clears up some things

Cheers