PDA

View Full Version : Rami PTO Install Guide (Edited) Now Available

miamieagle
November 10th, 2009, 06:26
Rami PTO Install Guide (Edited) Now Available at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=combatfs/pages&page=downloads_cfs2

Thank you (edit) Dvslats!

Rami
November 10th, 2009, 07:04
Miami,

Dvslats was the one who put it together. I simply gave him the nod to take the ball and run with it.

miamieagle
November 10th, 2009, 18:58
Thank you for clarifying things. I just want to thank both of you!:medals::icon29:

mariereid
November 14th, 2009, 09:21
Thanks for putting this together for us guys. I had given up on it, after a couple of botched attempts. When I have the time, I will give it another try.

Devildog73
November 14th, 2009, 15:38
In addition to this information, I strongly recommend getting Jagd's cfs2 mega pack and his MB objects pack. And place PACTex on top of Rhumba's mesh.

mariereid
November 15th, 2009, 04:19
Thanks DD. Are all the needed files available? I think I had a problem with a couple of them, last time I tried it. Will all the great Maskrider stuff still work? How about SW 07's bases? My gosh, you guys just keep making CFS2 better! What will you fellas dream up next??? Thanks all for what you do, thanks for sharing your great work, thanks for all the time you put in. Got a bit of work to do around the house, after that, I am going to try it out.:applause::applause::ernae:

mariereid
November 23rd, 2009, 12:38
Hi Guys; Sorry to bug ya, Devildog mentioned 2 of Jagd's files. I got the mega pack, is the MB support pack the MB objects pack? Also, does Dave's Tsili Tsili fit with Rhum's stuff? I finally got it all downloaded, even the 2 files from MediaFire. Thank you all. I am going to give it a go on a new cfs2 install soon. How hard can it be? :isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

dvslats
November 23rd, 2009, 22:24
How Ya Doing mariereid,
If I may make a suggestion...it's probably best to take it one thing at a time.
Jagd's MB Mega Pack, for me, is an indispensable item that makes using the Mission Builder for layouts so much easier. I even use it to find missing library objects when loading new sceneries.

But, you don’t want to have too many pokers in the fire at one time. Let’s get you meshed up with a few places to fly from and with all the needed scenery objects, then come back and do a break down on the MB Mega Pak. IMHO the best way to keep the frustration factor at bay.

All it really boils down to is some tedium to endure the first time around. Once you get a couple of the major items like this one loaded and working, it becomes easier every time.
You’ll be one happy camper. :jump:

When you get the mesh in…give a holler. Loading MR’s New DEI would be next. Take your time.

Dave

Ps: Tsilli Tsilli 43 will work in the new mesh.

mariereid
November 24th, 2009, 03:35
Thanks D. I am going to follow the install guide to the letter! If I screw it up, it will be ok because I am doing it on a new install. I will just start over again. I still got a lot to learn about pc. I have great respect for you guys that manipulate the cfs2 files and turn out all the great stuff. Dang, I am amazed when I get some of the more involved addons installed, and all I gotta do is follow instructions. The wife thinks I am creating all these great things. She's always right, so I let her think that way!

mariereid
November 25th, 2009, 13:38
Hey guys: Just took a fast look at the pto install. I can not remember what the stock cfs2 scenery looked like (I use pactex), but I'm darned sure it did not look this good! I have not installed pactex yet. At the moment I have no beach area. Is this ok? My scenery cfg looks like this: [Area.012]
Title=DEM mesh
Local=Scenedb\Dem mesh
Remote=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=4

Area .013 is the same except layer=5. I have them 4th and 5th from bottom of scenery library list.
Where should I place them on the list? should I change the false(s) to true? Thanks for all the help. Tommorrow, I will add the pactex and visit Maskrider's site. Thanks, again!:ernae:

dvslats
November 26th, 2009, 02:36
Hi mariereid, The TRUE and FALSE entries in your Scenery.cfg are fine. No need to change anything there.
Since you have a new install for this, your Scenery.cfg should be in this arrangement.

General]
Title=CFS2 World
Description=CFS 2 Scenery data
Cache_Size=64M
Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]
Title=Default Scenery
Local=scenery
Active=TRUE
Layer=2
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.002]
Title=Terrain
Local=SCENEDB\World
Active=TRUE
Texture_ID=1
Layer=1
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.003]
Title=CFS1 Library
Local=SCENEDB\library
Active=TRUE
Layer=3
Remote=
Required=FALSE

[Area.004]
Title=Airport Facilities Data
Local=SCENEDB\AFDFiles
Active=TRUE
Layer=4
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.005]
Title=Scenery Ships
Local=SCENEDB\Ships
Active=TRUE
Layer=5
Remote=
Required=FALSE

[Area.006]
Title=Aircraft Weapons
Local=SCENEDB\weapons
Active=TRUE
Layer=6
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.007]
Title=Vehicles
Local= SCENEDB\veh
Active=TRUE
Layer=7
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.008]
Title=Effects
Local= SCENEDB\fx
Active=TRUE
Layer=8
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.009]
Title=Runways
Local= SCENEDB\runways
Active=TRUE
Layer=9
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.010]
Title=Buildings
Local= SCENEDB\inf
Active=TRUE
Layer=10
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.011]
Title=FS2000_props
Local=SCENEDB\fs2kprop
Active=TRUE
Layer=11
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.012]
Title=DEM mesh
Local=SCENEDB\ DEM mesh
Active=TRUE
Layer=12
Required=TRUE
Remote=

[Area.013]
Title=DEM mesh LOD 8
Local=SCENEDB\ DEM mesh LOD 8
Active=TRUE
Layer=13
Required=TRUE
Remote=

If it is not, you can hand edit it while it is opened with note pad and save the changes.

Or, an easier way is to delete everything in it while it is opened with note pad...then copy the above, left click dragging your pointer over the text, right click copy, and paste it into the empty Scenery.cfg. Save changes.

See how that works out.
Dv

Jagdflieger
November 26th, 2009, 04:14
Mariereid,

You can spruce up your PACTEX even further by using Richard Ludowise's "CFS 2 Tropical Textures" addon. It distributes the PACTEX in a much more Asian way over most of Asia. It is indispensable for the China-Burma-India theater. You can also turn it on and off though the Scenery Library. Place the entry for it just above your mesh in the scenery hierarchy.

Look for it here:

http://www.simviation.com/cfs2scenery12.htm

Some before and after shots in Northern Thailand. In my youth, I climbed the mountain (Doi Sa Tep) behind the Beaufighter.

mariereid
November 26th, 2009, 06:25
Thanks, fellas; I will do the scenery cfg by hand. I have cfs2 on a pc that is not online. Thanks for the tips, I will get at it in a minute. this is the best install, so far. I believe last time, I had coastlines running all over the place. Man, that looks like some hard climbing! Well, let's see if I can keep from screwing anything up.:ernae:

mariereid
November 26th, 2009, 14:41
Hi Guys, Prof Numbnuts here. I was going to send photos, must of clicked the wrong button. Anyway, after adding pactex, I noticed that I have no rivers or roads. The coastlines have water going up side of hills. I have my scenery cfg same as in above post. My cache size was 10. I changed it to 64. Other than that it was mostly the same. Where did I go wrong? I have no problem with starting from scrath, this is a new install, so no worries. It was not looking too bad before I installed pactex. I don't know if the rivers and roads were missing before the pactex. I was too busy enjoying the mountian scenery!

dvslats
November 28th, 2009, 01:19
I noticed that I have no rivers or roads. The coastlines have water going up side of hills.!

Well mariereid, its the one drawback of the new mesh, not having all of the rivers and roads like the CFS2 Stock install. Maskrider and Jean Bomber latest sceneries have them. The newest DEI and Gibraltar. Each of them have meticulously hand drawn them in. Pactex is not the cause. So that's ok.

As far as the coastlines with water going up the side of hill, I have not seen this yet. Can you tell me where you are flying from?
Pause the sim and key in SHIFT Z. Write down the coordinates you will see in red in the upper left hand corner and post them. I'll take a hop to the location to see what I can see. :ernae:
Dave

erufle
November 28th, 2009, 03:37
Sorry I am so late in thanking Rami and anyone else who is responsible for putting this together. I was one of the persons who asked for this. I really appreciate it when people respond to my requests. Should we ever meet, I owe you several beers and I night with my concubine. :icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29::icon29:

mariereid
November 28th, 2009, 05:33
Thanks Dave, I have to go to the shop in a few minutes, so I will fly around and have a look after that. I do remember that the coastline near Port Morsby showed water "climbing" cliffs.( S9* 30.69' E147* 16.69' Altit 379.54 ft. heading 294.15) I do not have any sandy beach in that area, or anywhere else I flew. It looks a lot like that around here, in Nova Scotia. Lots of cliffs dropping into the sea. I could have sworn that I
managed to screw up the roads and rivers, if anyone could do it, it's me!

Thanks, Rick........P.S. I'll TRY to send photos, just got to remember how I did it last time

mariereid
November 29th, 2009, 02:13
Hi Dave and all. I have been trying to send photos. I see them below where it says "Attach Files". IF they show up, they have the location (shift + z), if not, I will send location of a couple of areas later today. The 1st photo is Alexishafen, the rest, Buka, New Britain. Just to give you a rough idea incase photos do not show up, Buka runway is surrounded by water, there is water "climbing cliffs on shoreline, and the odd green patch just off shore. I think I read that some of the bases are going to be like this.

Is it possible for me to offer a sort of thank you to the guys in the cfs2 section of SOH? I have a Jeppesen Slide Graphic Flight Computer. I cannot see the day that I will ever use this thing. So, instead of gathering dust in my drawer, I would like to give it to someone who will use it. It is new and has instructions and case. Maybe the guys could pick a number between 1 - 100, or whatever. I can give the number to someone who is not interested in it, that will keep me honest. I will ship it to whoever gets the right number. I wish I could do this for all of you, hope it's possible to do it for one of you.

Well, let's see if the photos send.

whitehawk_2009
November 29th, 2009, 13:26
The stock airfields are being worked on, that I'm sure of.

The climbing water tells me that there's a file missing, but for the life of me I can't remember which one.

WH

Rami
November 29th, 2009, 13:50
Gavinc gave a progress report in my 'stationed at Henderson' thread.

dvslats
November 29th, 2009, 17:08
Hi mariereid, I had a hop over the area you showed in your pictures and saw the same thing. I guess this due to this part in Rhumba's readme.

I do expect scenery designers to create even more detailed masking, and the appropriate roads, shorelines and rivers. Sander De Coq's ( SDC ) European scenery should work with this masking, as his files should override these, and as a result, his shorelines, roads and streams should still work fine.

Some default and addon airfields may have odd displays due to their placement in the sim. These new watermasks are based on SRTM elevational data and watermasking, and are probably much more accurate than the airfield placement. As a result, airfields may need replacement, or the odd display simply ignored.

I think this is what he means by more detailed masking. I've spent most of my time inland and hadn't really noticed this. Sorry if this was misleading.

Would you like to tackle adding Maskrider's DEI scenery? He has fixed these issues in and around his strips carrying them out for a distance to make the general location look better then stock. :mixedsmi:
Dave

mariereid
November 30th, 2009, 11:08
That's great news D! At least I know I can still follow instructions, although I should have read Rhums. I am going to the Maskrider site and give his new stuff a go. I see a couple of the other fellas are doing new areas for Rhums stuff. I have what looks like a lot of global warming going on. I really like the way it looks, seems to look more like a jungle down there. Thanks a lot Dave, for your time and patience. I just wanted to make sure everything was OK before I added anything else. If there is anyway a pc moron can help with anything, just let me know.......Rick

dvslats
November 30th, 2009, 15:46
My pleasure Ric, And thanks for your offer. :ernae:
Dave