PDA

View Full Version : USS Nimitz Ike version2 Out

stovall
November 10th, 2009, 06:04
USS Nimitz Ike ver2 is out at Flightsim.com. Thanks Thrawn!!!!

New version of AI moving aircraft carriers USS Nimitz and USS Eisenhower for FSX Acceleration. New features include catapult steam, new animations and underway replenishment (oiler ship model inluded). Features a working elevator, four cables and catapults. Includes multiple deck configurations. Aircraft on the deck include SH-60, E-2C, T-45 and four variants of F/A-18 of CVW7 and CVW11. Recommended usage with Lamont Clark's AIcarriers2. By Javier Fernandez.

ryanbatc
November 10th, 2009, 06:17
Oooooh Dling now!

MCDesigns
November 10th, 2009, 06:22
WOOHOO! thanks for the HU Tom!:ernae:

Thrawn
November 10th, 2009, 09:15
WOOHOO! thanks for the HU Tom!:ernae:

I was just about to announce it :) hope you enjoy it. Itīs the final version of this project. From now on I'll be working on the 1980 aka "Final Countdown" version.

http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=140822

Changes in this version:

-New "Underway Replenishment" configurations for Nimitz and Eisenhower. Ideal for VERTREP operations with helos.

-New model of fleet oiler USNS Patuxent T-AO 201. Features landable helipad and night lightning. It works independently as an AI ship that can sail on her own (an additional configuration for AIcarriers is also provided).

-Added steam effects on all catapults (look better with the ship in movement)

-Added sound for catapult launch and jet blast deflectors

-Fixed the issue that caused the player's plane to fall down on the water when entering the hangar deck from #3 elevator.

-Fixed night lightning issues for some planes in "port visit" configurations
-Corrected some inaccuracies in the aft radar tower and in the island.

-Added animated catapult "shooter"

-Additional catapult crew for cats #3 and #4.

-New texture for catapult shuttles.

JamesChams
November 10th, 2009, 09:32
:applause:Muchas Gracias, Mr. Javier "Thrawn"! :applause:

Downloading now... :jump:
:wavey:

tango3d
November 10th, 2009, 09:43
Thanks Javier! you are great artits! thanks for you excelente work! :applause::applause::applause::medals::medals::med als:

daytonite_andy
November 10th, 2009, 09:55
stovall - Thanks for the HU :applause:

Javier - More beer for you :ernae::guinness::icon29::isadizzy:

Practicing VERTREP between the new tanker and the carrier. Beautiful..:applause: (The ships...not my flying...)

Wingmate
November 10th, 2009, 10:09
Can't wait to get home and download it

Tylerb59
November 10th, 2009, 14:26
Thrawn you're a badass! :ernae: Thank you so much. :jump:

Mr.Mugel
November 10th, 2009, 14:54
Thanks Thrawn, this is great stuff!

NoNewMessages
November 10th, 2009, 16:29
I had wanted to check out this package for a long time and now was as good a time as any. Got it installed without a hitch, reinstalled AI Carriers and thought "what do I fly?" Must practice more with the military stuff, so I grabbed my airborne Hummer and set off. One circle to check the ship out and in I went. Tailhook, we don't need no stinkin tailhook!

They told me I was lost and to get off their ship, so I headed back towards Carlsbad. But I'll be back...:kilroy:

I am humbled by the talent involved with a project such as this!

jimjones
November 11th, 2009, 01:59
I'm loving the new features. Checkout the animated basket transfer between the oiler and the carrier.

Neat catapult steam and sound effects. Seems the steam will only show on the first time a launch is used, so if you land and want to launch again go to one where you've not launched from before. I know all this can be reset if one restarts FSX. Does anyone know how to reset while in FSX.

On the rear of the oiler there are two signs, one on one side one on the onther that read: Self Serve and Full Serve. Great humor!!!:jump:

Just a few pics:
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/jimjones_04/Nimitz01.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/jimjones_04/Nimitz02.jpg

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss230/jimjones_04/Nimitz03.jpg

dswo
November 11th, 2009, 02:49
Seems the steam will only show on the first time a launch is used, so if you land and want to launch again go to one where you've not launched from before.

I noticed this too. Love the shooter!

Wingmate
November 11th, 2009, 06:07
Someones about to have a real bad day
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38/Wingmate12/2009-11-11_8-1-54-93.jpg
well thats what you get for standing in the landing area when I'm around

calypsos
November 11th, 2009, 06:44
The first screen shots here show about 8-12 FPS when the oiler is in shot too, is this what most people are getting? if so, I will pass it by.

Thrawn
November 11th, 2009, 06:53
The first screen shots here show about 8-12 FPS when the oiler is in shot too, is this what most people are getting? if so, I will pass it by.

In my computer I get about 50-60 fps in open seas with all set to max except water (level 2 low). Q6600 with Nvidia 8800GT. Iīve tried to keep the model as FPS friendly as possible.

Javier

EDITED: here's a screenshot showing my FPS count under similar conditions:

SabreAce
November 11th, 2009, 07:00
Must practice more with the military stuff, so I grabbed my airborne Hummer and set off. One circle to check the ship out and in I went. Tailhook, we don't need no stinkin tailhook!

They told me I was lost and to get off their ship, so I headed back towards Carlsbad. But I'll be back...:kilroy:

Your screenshots reminded me of something from FS 5 - one of the little challenges included in it was to stop a Learjet on whichever carrier (I believe it may have been the Nimitz) was parked outside San Francisco. I spent many hours of my younger days trying to land right on the end of the deck so there'd be enough time to hit the reverse thrust. I'd say the bay ended up with at least a hundred Learjets in it.

GatorFlyer
November 11th, 2009, 07:02
How would I go about removing or editing the wake effects from the Nimitz package?

On my install and reinstall of both V1 and V2 the ship wakes appear from the stern of each ship and extend vertically in the air above the ship instead of behind. Its a real draw on my framerates as well!

It only occurs in the Nimitz add-ons, none of the other ships I use in AICarriers have the same problem.

If someone could recommend a fix, I would appreciate it!!

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu108/gatorflyer00/2009-11-11_9-15-0-622.jpg
http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu108/gatorflyer00/2009-11-11_9-15-22-26.jpg

Thrawn
November 11th, 2009, 07:11
I had reports of some people having that problem in V1 too, but never got to find the reason. I suggest you rename the file called "fx_carrier_wake.fx" (it is located into the effects folder). This will remove the wake, but hopefully you'll get rid of that anoying burst.

Javier

How would I go about removing or editing the wake effects from the Nimitz package?

On my install and reinstall of both V1 and V2 the ship wakes appear from the stern of each ship and extend vertically in the air above the ship instead of behind. Its a real draw on my framerates as well!

It only occurs in the Nimitz add-ons, none of the other ships I use in AICarriers have the same problem.

If someone could recommend a fix, I would appreciate it!!

Thunder64
November 11th, 2009, 08:26
Oooh Mr Javier ,thanks for this masterpiece :medals::ernae:
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4172/2009111118211974copi.jpg

crashaz
November 11th, 2009, 09:05
oh boy!!!:jump::jump::jump:

We really need Japanese Zeros in FSX to get the full 'Final Countdown' experience. :wavey:

daytonite_andy
November 11th, 2009, 09:26

Whoa there. Don't pass this by.

They were my screenshots and I had Fraps recording a video AND all the sliders to the right. I was also running a ton of applications in the background as well as I was only testing it out. Still silky smooth on my machine.

Some people are living and dying by the frame counter in FSX and I still don't know why. The sim is totally flyable and smooth when those screenshots were taken. It could have been smoother if I was running pure FSX and nothing else.

Calypsos, just install it and see. Its free thanks to the kindness of Javier and if it doesn't work too well on your system you can uninstall it with ease. If all is well after installation you won't be disappointed. :jump:

Thunder64
November 11th, 2009, 10:15
:medals::medals: Fantastic :ernae:
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7170/2009111119757350.jpg
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9359/200911111913747.jpg

JamesChams
November 11th, 2009, 11:12
Gents,

These are excellent ScreenShots.:applause: I'm jealous, because I have to wait to install my NEW graphic cards, this weekend, before I can enjoy the new model(s).

PS:
Mr. Javier "Thrawn,"
Thank you for the acknowledgement in your readme. You (like Mr. Dino Cattaneo) really didn't have to do that but I appreciate it. Muchas Gracias, Amigo! :ernae: I also have another "something" that I can do for you but, will send you a PM about it later. :wavey:

jeansy
November 11th, 2009, 11:34
im sorry , honestly this is beyond my belief

i was just simply gobsmacked with the 1st package and now with this one, well im lost for words, whats next?

your a true champ :ernae:

Wingmate
November 11th, 2009, 12:12
whats next?
Tommorow :icon_lol:

Mr.Mugel
November 11th, 2009, 13:07
Those are great moody shots Thunder! Very nice...

@ Calypsos: On open sea even this rig gets no problems with the VERTREP or the Crowded deck configs, flying the default Merlin or Dino's F-14... Will be worth checking out I guess...

@ Wingmate: That seems to be a bad day for that guy, getting a Hornet gear into his face, just after I almost killed him with my Merlin while landing...

Javier, we are damn lucky to have you developing all these stunning things, asking for nothing. Those carriers are one of the things that keep me on FS!

GatorFlyer
November 11th, 2009, 13:09
I had reports of some people having that problem in V1 too, but never got to find the reason. I suggest you rename the file called "fx_carrier_wake.fx" (it is located into the effects folder). This will remove the wake, but hopefully you'll get rid of that anoying burst.

Javier

Javier - thanks for the quick reply, however I searched high and low and couldnt find the fx_carrier_wake.fx file anywhere in the effects folder or on my computer......any suggestions?

Mr.Mugel
November 11th, 2009, 13:14
Donīt have that file either... I have a file "fx_wake_carrier.fx" and "fx_wakeBowcarrier.fx"

I guess I got to report on deck, good old F-14 is asking for another spin.... :d

Wingmate
November 11th, 2009, 17:46
That seems to be a bad day for that guy, getting a Hornet gear into his face, just after I almost killed him with my Merlin while landing...
the only way it could be worse is if it was a monday

limjack
November 11th, 2009, 20:12
Many thanks Thrawn!!!! I am loving this masterpiece like the rest:applause:

Jim

Tylerb59
November 11th, 2009, 21:05
Can someone setup a mission to move objects around via hoist?

Thunder64
November 12th, 2009, 07:52
Group :ernae:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2811/20091112171847175copt.jpg

Thrawn
November 12th, 2009, 10:12
Javier - thanks for the quick reply, however I searched high and low and couldnt find the fx_carrier_wake.fx file anywhere in the effects folder or on my computer......any suggestions?

It's my fault. I was at work and didn't remember the exact name of the fx file. As Mr.Mugel mentioned, the file is "fx_wake_carrier.fx". Try to remame it to something different and see if it works. Iīm sorry I couldn't fix that bug, but as I said I have no idea what causes it.

P.S Thunder64, beautiful screenshots!

dave
November 12th, 2009, 13:33
Javier, thanks a lot again for your job!!!!! i think it is really superb!!!!!!
You made flightsim really better!!!!!!:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::gameon::gameo n::applause::applause:

EgoR64
November 13th, 2009, 12:00
:ernae:

Another Winner !!

Cheers !!

Carbine1
November 13th, 2009, 16:34
Superb addition many thanks indeed.

Cheers.

ryanbatc
November 13th, 2009, 17:35
Hey thanks for this, very incredible texturing. I love the little features on the version with the Patuxent (sp?). The little ziplines with moving packages - very neat! I like the lighting on the ships as well at night, beatiful!

wilycoyote4
November 13th, 2009, 22:42
Has this been uploaded to other websites?

Carbine1
November 14th, 2009, 03:43
Once again i must say this is outstanding work. Thankyou.

I have one problem though, i cannot see any lights at all on the carrier.

I have all the effects files in the right place and i am not using dx10.

I don't run "acceleration" , could this be the cause ? .

Any help would be most welcome.

Cheers.

Roger
November 14th, 2009, 07:51
Daft question...Do we install over the original or uninstall then reinstall?

ESzczesniak
November 14th, 2009, 10:40
This is a wonderful carrier. I was wondering if anyone could give me some input on two problems though.

1. I have no wake when the ship is moving. I used to have it on v1 and no longer have it. I'm using AICarriers2 for this.

2. I also don't have any steam effect on the catapult. No clue why on this one.

Thanks.
Eric

dougal
November 14th, 2009, 12:37
Daft question...Do we install over the original or uninstall then reinstall?

No!

****:jump:

Roger
November 14th, 2009, 12:50
Which?? I've read the readme which gives no clue!

noddy
November 14th, 2009, 12:55
I delete the existing files then installed the new ones.

Roger
November 14th, 2009, 12:56
Ok,
Thanks Noddy:ernae:

stovall
November 14th, 2009, 13:24
I did the same as I just upgraded to Win 7 64 bit. Works perfectly using this method.

Nesu
November 15th, 2009, 10:40
Exellent work !!!
Thank You very much !!!I hoped it a long time this new patch .To make a good landing on it .
Regards
Nesu

Tweek
November 15th, 2009, 14:59
Very, very nice work. The attention to detail is something special. Some of the best freeware work I've ever seen!

One question though, I can't seem to work out how to use one of the elevators. Doesn't seem to be any mention of it in the readme. Anybody care to enlighten me?

Wingmate
November 15th, 2009, 15:17
just sit on the rear right one and wait it will go down by itself after awhile and then back up

Tweek
November 15th, 2009, 15:39
Cheers for that, hadn't tried that one yet.

Wingmate
November 15th, 2009, 18:02
Thrawn I hate to tell you but those LSO's you added to the ship should be let go they dont know what is going on they directed me to the wrong ship
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38/Wingmate12/2009-11-12_17-31-47-63.jpg

Thunder64
November 18th, 2009, 02:53
:ernae:
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4476/2009111812352507.jpg

Thrawn
November 18th, 2009, 03:57
Both wake and catpult effects are part of the Acceleration package. I can send you both files if you want so.

Javier

This is a wonderful carrier. I was wondering if anyone could give me some input on two problems though.

1. I have no wake when the ship is moving. I used to have it on v1 and no longer have it. I'm using AICarriers2 for this.

2. I also don't have any steam effect on the catapult. No clue why on this one.

Thanks.
Eric

GT182
November 18th, 2009, 04:56
Stunning work Thrawn. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/GT182/Thumbup.gif

Thrawn
November 18th, 2009, 09:44
Any landing you can walk way from is a good one :)

Thrawn I hate to tell you but those LSO's you added to the ship should be let go they dont know what is going on they directed me to the wrong ship
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38/Wingmate12/2009-11-12_17-31-47-63.jpg

LouP
November 18th, 2009, 12:39
Now that's pretty slick. LMAO :icon_lol: Don't know how you pulled that one off. :running:

LouP :kilroy:

Wingmate
November 18th, 2009, 14:13
Any landing you can walk way from is a good one :)

Good point

vfa131
November 19th, 2009, 10:33
Wow! great carrier! :)

Z-AZ1USN
November 24th, 2009, 11:38
Both wake and catpult effects are part of the Acceleration package. I can send you both files if you want so.

Javier

Hi,
I have the same issues with the carrier, no wake nor steam and
ability to launch. Would appreciate a copy of those files too.
Where will they be posted? Thanks in advance. :ernae:

Prowler1111
November 25th, 2009, 19:28
Had to try the most modern aircraft in my inventory:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/E-2007.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/E-2006.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/E-2005.jpg

Best regards
Prowler
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

wilycoyote4
November 25th, 2009, 20:51
That is some Hawkeye :medals::running: tell us more:applause::icon29:

colihamp
November 26th, 2009, 10:32
Best payware/freeware carrier compatible (i.e. functioning hook/cat) for FSX anyone? I can't stand the default F-18.

ESzczesniak
November 30th, 2009, 12:55
Does anyone know the list of files used to make the wake? I used to have the wake in the first version, but lost it with the second version. Thought I might be able to copy some of the files from version one if anyone knew what they were and maybe end up with a wake again. Thanks.

Dimus
December 1st, 2009, 00:34
Best payware/freeware carrier compatible (i.e. functioning hook/cat) for FSX anyone? I can't stand the default F-18.

Well then you surely have not tried this:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/search/label/T-45C

and this:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/search/label/F-14D

You might want to try them in this order. Train in the T-45 and then get your hands on the Tomcat. Lots of repaints for the tomcan in this site as well.

Navy Chief
December 7th, 2009, 15:43
Ok, I went back and reread through all the posts, but didn't see my problem listed.

I installed the latest AICarrier, USS Nimitz files, etc..... I select one of the FLTs, and get ready to hit the Pause button. The aircraft shows up in midair, but no carrier...... I checked the Simobject/Boat folder...and the Nimitz is there. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

NC

JamesChams
December 8th, 2009, 08:40
Mr. "NavyChief,"

You'll still have to select a carrier from the ADDON Menu and Place it under "USER POSITION" to see it there; unless your using Mr. David's "DSWO" Carrier Tracks 1 & 2 which have the Carriers as AI under schudules, in which case, the .FLT Plans load the aircraft on the deck itself.

Good Luck! :salute:

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2009, 12:39
.... unless your using Mr. David's "DSWO" Carrier Tracks 1 & 2 which have the Carriers as AI under schudules, in which case, the .FLT Plans load the aircraft on the deck itself.

Thanks for your reply, James. I am using Carrier Tracks 1 & 2, with the .FLT plans installed in the correct directory. The flights do show up when I select LOAD flight, but when I choose one, the carrier does not appear when the flight loads. I made sure the Boat traffic is set high enough, but still nothing.

NC

JamesChams
December 8th, 2009, 12:48
Mr. "NavyChief,"

In that case, send Mr. David "Dswo" a PM with details of the Carrier Flight you are selecting from the LOAD Flight Menu... If you've upgraded to the USS Nimitz v2.0 package, there may be an issue, as the Carrier Tracks 1 & 2 were created using the USS Nimitz v1.0 package.

Also, the Carriers are in motion and vary their positions throughout a 24hr period so, that might also be an issue if you are using another time than it was setup for...

PS: You can always just select a Carrier from the Addon Menu until this is resolved.
Good Luck! :wavey:

Navy Chief
December 8th, 2009, 12:49
Thanks James! I'll check out your suggestions.....

NC

JamesChams
December 10th, 2009, 19:32
Your very welcome; glad to be of Help to you, Mr. "Navy Chief" :salute:

=========================

Also, for those of you that might want/need this from the First Release of the USS Nimitz/Eisenhower ...

Click below to Download
Aircraft AI Carrier Configurations v1.9 by James F. Chams (http://x-plane.org/home/JamesChams/AI_Carrier_Addon_Aircraft_Configurations.txt)

This will help you'll get the landings/Launches for many of you FSX Payware/Freeware models in ALL FSX Acceleration Carriers, AICarriers R2, Mr. Javier's Nimitz/Eisenhower Ver.'s 1 & 2, Mr. Sylvain Parouty's PA Clemenceau (R 98) v2 French Aircraft Carrier, Flying Stations' HMS Victorious R38 - Early WWII Carrier & HMS Ark Royal v.IV and the Carriers to come.... Enjoy! :wavey:

dswo
December 11th, 2009, 01:50
If you've upgraded to the USS Nimitz v2.0 package, there may be an issue, as the Carrier Tracks 1 & 2 were created using the USS Nimitz v1.0 package.

I've been using the new carriers since they came out, and the old tracks seem to work just fine. If you don't have them -- and you want some pre-programmed routes and flights -- search for carriertracks1and2.zip at the FlightSim.com or Avsim.com file library. With Thrawn's permission, I've also uploaded his Nimitz/Ike package to Avsim.

For troubleshooting the saved flights, here are some things to check. I'm casting a wide net here, hoping that my suggestions will benefit Navy Chief -- and anyone who comes along and reads this later. Use what applies to your situation.

1. Is the Nimitz/Ike package installed correctly (meaning, in the correct folders)? Can you place the carrier and see it with AICarriers? If so, then it's probably installed correctly.

2. Are my scenery (.bgl) files installed correctly? For example, if you put them in a new folder, did you add the folder to the scenery library? Are you using the standard folder structure for FS scenery? (I.e., a subfolder named scenery goes in the folder you have created/are using for this group, and the actual .bgl files go in the scenery subfolder.)

3. Are you, by chance, loading a saved flight for the Clemenceau? (These are noted in the readme.) If you are, that's ok! But if you load a Clem flight and you don't have the Clem installed, you won't see a carrier.

Navy Chief
December 11th, 2009, 11:11
[QUOTE=dswo;309073]1. Is the Nimitz/Ike package installed correctly? Can you place the carrier and see it with AICarriers?

I believe so. The Nimitz is installed in the Boat directory. And yes, I can see it when using AICarriers.

2. Are my scenery (.bgl) files installed correctly? For example, if you put them in a new folder, did you add the folder to the scenery library? Are you using the standard folder structure for FS scenery? (I.e., a subfolder named scenery goes in the folder you have created/are using for this group, and the actual .bgl files go in the scenery subfolder.)

I installed the .bgl files in the Addon Scenery/Scenery directory

I installed the .FLT, .FSSAVE, and .WX files in the FSX Files in the My Document directory.

But when I select one of those flights, only the aircraft shows up. No ship.

Thanks, David, for your help. I am sure the answer is something simple, but I have not figured it out yet.

NC

GypsyBaron
December 11th, 2009, 13:50
Chief, if you have the FSX SDK installed you can easily check
to see if the carrier is being generated by the traffic file in
the area you are in.

Open the Traffic Toolbox from the dropdown Tools menu
and select the Explorer window.

remove the checkmark from the Aircraft only box at the
top right of the window and then look down the list to see
if the carrier entry is present. See the attached screenshot.

I had the same problem as you when I first loaded a
flight today after installing the Carrier Tracks flights.
I had the traffic BGL in my East Coast NAS scenery folder
in my addon scenery folder.
I then moved the BGL to the scenery/world/scenery folder
and was able to start a flight and be on deck.
This was at Pensacola.

Paul

Navy Chief
December 11th, 2009, 14:01
Thanks Gypsy. Going to check that now!

NC

GypsyBaron
December 11th, 2009, 14:12
Thanks Gypsy. Going to check that now!

NC

Another thing to check, Chief, is the possible presence of
a FS9 format traffic BGL file that hasn't been converted to
the FSX format.

For instance, the WOAI files are all FS9 format, as I recall.
I think the MAIW files are also FS9 format.

These need to be run through one of the file conversion utilities
to make them FSX formatted, otherwise their presence will
cause the FSX format traffic BGLs covering the same area/region
to be disregarded by FSX ( i.e. - no traffic generated for the FSX format BGL's )

Paul

Navy Chief
December 11th, 2009, 14:13
Well already I see at least one problem. I have SDK installed, but Traffic Tools is not listed on the drop down menu.........

GypsyBaron
December 11th, 2009, 14:24
Well already I see at least one problem. I have SDK installed, but Traffic Tools is not listed on the drop down menu.........

You probably do not have the required entry in the dll.xml file ( located in the
same directory as your fsx.cfg file )

Here is my dll.xml file:

Here is the salient part of that file ,related to the Traffic Toolbox ( NOTE - your path will be different than mine, most likely )

Just change the above code to match the path to YOUR traffictoolbox.dll and insert it into your dll.xml file.

Also, a NOTE on my first post...the reason I didn't see
a carrier when I had the traffic file in my East Cpoast NAS
folder was because I had forgotten to activate that folder.
In fact, traffic BGL's can be located in ANY activated 'scenery'
folder, located anywhere on your system.
I like to keep my organized by rough geographic areas
and have several different scenery.cfg files to enable
only the scenery files for a given geographic area that
I am currently flying in.

NOTE: I had to use zip files since the "CODE" tags did not preserve the
format of the xml statements when I used them to include the file text.

Paul

golakers
December 13th, 2009, 06:38
Hi. I have a problem with those carriers, as in I have done everything tne instruction sheet says but I have no clue how to actually see or handle those ships in the game. So I've copied all the files to where they are supposed to be and when I start AIcarriers2 a small blank window opens but I can't choose ships or anything, so what do I do now?

Wingmate
December 13th, 2009, 07:56
Run Ai carriers and hit shift-j in game to bring up the menu. Explore the menu to find different carriers

Navy Chief
December 13th, 2009, 08:34
Gypsy,

Thanks for all your help. I followed your directions, and my .dll file reads as it should, but Traffic tools still does not show up on the menu drop down list.

Least for now, I give up.

NC

golakers
December 13th, 2009, 09:27
Run Ai carriers and hit shift-j in game to bring up the menu. Explore the menu to find different carriers

Thanx it works. One more: how do I get some traffic on the deck (default planes, people) So far I can only choose between carriers and groups.

Also, is it somehow possible to juist leave planes on the deck and land another, I would like to "fill up" the deck myself ;)

Wingmate
December 13th, 2009, 11:38
Thanx it works. One more: how do I get some traffic on the deck (default planes, people) So far I can only choose between carriers and groups.

The people and planes on the deck that you see in the screenshots are part of the model itself, so you must choose a carrier group and see if you like its deck configuration.

Also, is it somehow possible to juist leave planes on the deck and land another, I would like to "fill up" the deck myself ;)

No that is not possible as far as I know.

golakers
December 26th, 2009, 18:31

Javier

Hi. Can u send me those files too, plz? I still can't launch any aircraft...

golakers
December 27th, 2009, 07:06
someone please help!

wilycoyote4
December 27th, 2009, 13:38
Hi. Can u send me those files too, plz? I still can't launch any aircraft...
Do you have Acceleration installed?

golakers
December 27th, 2009, 20:40
yes. Does Acc start automatically when I start FSX or do I need to start in separately?

mjrhealth
December 27th, 2009, 22:29
Acceleration is like a patch so it its a part of FSX and doesnt need to be run seperately. What plane are you trying to lauch. I believe if it doesnt have a lauch bar point it cant be attached to the catapult, also you need to be at the correct spot on the catapult before it will arm, needs a bit of expimentation.

vfa131
December 31st, 2009, 04:48
Hey guys ai carriers only work on the admin acount for some reason can i get some help?

golakers
January 2nd, 2010, 19:16
I was trying with the f-14D, I think I tried some others, too (hornet / superhornet, intruder, corsair, prowler...) I also know about STRG+U and STRG+I, but besides lowering the launch bar nothing really happens. I'm sure I'm missing something here... either a file or a command... don't really know what else to try anymore...

wiltzei
January 2nd, 2010, 21:19
I was trying with the f-14D, I think I tried some others, too (hornet / superhornet, intruder, corsair, prowler...) I also know about STRG+U and STRG+I, but besides lowering the launch bar nothing really happens. I'm sure I'm missing something here... either a file or a command... don't really know what else to try anymore...
In addition you've done, lower the LB from virtual cockpit just to be sure. Place aircraft's front wheel directly on top of the catapult.

golakers
January 4th, 2010, 21:32
In addition you've done, lower the LB from virtual cockpit just to be sure. Place aircraft's front wheel directly on top of the catapult.

I've tried for some hours yesterday and it's not working. Can anybody guide me through the process step by step?

galah
January 5th, 2010, 13:54
Navy Chief,
I have also downloaded, Nimitz,AI carriers but to no avail. I have A/Carriers on runway,Flying and crashing to earth.Now I get nothing. Have followed instructions,nada. I am using XP Home and have FSX + Acceloration. Desperate.

galah
January 11th, 2010, 15:04
Wilycoyote4 have tried to contact you but SOH refuses to allow it.
:isadizzy:
Downloaded AI Carriers 1+2,Nimitz 1+2,Carrier tracks 1+2,Pilotable Update package.
Downloadedas per Istructions,although some items are left with no Instruction where to place them (no rude comments)
Load FSX,Free flight,F18,Oahu. Over see pressed ALT nothing happened,Pressed Shift J ,a menu appears with choise of Battle groups,no NIMITZ.Pressed Shift J another menu appears, stop,forward etc.No other menus. I flew round the Island until a battle group appeard but no CARRIERS. You mention something about AI routes program which I don't have. Will see what happens.

Galah

wilycoyote4
January 11th, 2010, 16:41
Wilycoyote4 have tried to contact you but SOH refuses to allow it.
:isadizzy:
Dunno what's going on.
Downloaded AI Carriers 1+2,Nimitz 1+2,Carrier tracks 1+2,Pilotable Update package.
Why both? I think you only need AICarriers2.
Again, for the Nimitz package only the second, I think.
Pilotable means you have a carrier to move over the sea as a ship captain not an aircraft pilot.
Overwriting may help prevent conflicts but I don't know and you may find that's part of your program.
Downloadedas per Istructions,although some items are left with no Instruction where to place them (no rude comments)
Need to know exact "item".
Load FSX,Free flight,F18,Oahu. Over see pressed ALT nothing happened,Pressed Shift J ,a menu appears with choise of Battle groups,no NIMITZ.Pressed Shift J another menu appears, stop,forward etc.No other menus. I flew round the Island until a battle group appeard but no CARRIERS. You mention something about AI routes program which I don't have. Will see what happens.
I must jump to a conclusion ----when you press alt, a menu at the top of the game should appear as a line listing several selections from left to right. At the right end should be "addon" and clicking on this will create a drop-down menu.

Select aicarriers or keyboard shift =J as you have but you should check the the drop-down to check. How many pages do you have of carriers?

AI Routes enables you to download the program and create your boat traffic or you can download the routes created by others. Carrier tracks 1+2 seems to be a collection of tracks.
Galah
Hoping this helps and hoping others will help you.

Screenshots may help.

galah
January 11th, 2010, 23:47
Many thanks:guinness:

GALAH:salute:

dodd132
January 15th, 2010, 11:52
i have to questions well 1 question 1 request

question : how do i what you guys have done in some screenshots of the tanker re fueling i think it was the tanker

request: could you make this into a airport so i could add it as a addon airport so i dont have to find water or a carrier becuase i like to start on the carriers

P.S i have carrier strike force installed and FSX:Acceleration

Tregarth
February 3rd, 2010, 03:43
Dear Wilycoyote 4,

No, I didn't know I was posting on an old Forum, thanks for the info.

I have printed out Post 95 but no progress. I have loaded one of Dr Wilson-Okamura's tracks and have a T-45 on the flight deck but when I press Alt the Add Ons menu in the Menu bar only shows FSUIPC. I have tried Shift +J but nothing happens.

I am using AI Carriers Release 2, 3 Nov 2007. I have installed it into C\Prog Files and copied the CVN_68_69.cfg file into C\Prog Files\AIcarriers\Conf.d so I am not sure what to do next.

Thank you,

Tregarth

I am also using Version 2 of the Nimitz which I have just downloaded from Flight Sim.

I am using Win 7, could that be an issue?

Hoping this helps.

galah
February 7th, 2010, 16:11
:salute: I have at last the carriers but no aircraft on deck.I have changed the settings to high,no result. As for add-on aircraft,(F15) Windows7 will not download them onto FSX. FSX files are not similar as in XP. Has anyone had the same problem?
As for landings, so far 100%.Silky smooth.
GALAH:engel016:

normandean
April 2nd, 2010, 10:13
i have to questions well 1 question 1 request

question : how do i what you guys have done in some screenshots of the tanker re fueling i think it was the tanker

request: could you make this into a airport so i could add it as a addon airport so i dont have to find water or a carrier becuase i like to start on the carriers

P.S i have carrier strike force installed and FSX:Acceleration

The carrier with the refueler alongside is one of the options that you get when you press ctrl + j. There is more than one page to the menu, and on my system the refueler appears on page three.

No. you cannot start a flight on deck as such, as the carriers are ai, not scenery, and the position isn't constant. However, you can save a situation and then re-load it, but when doing so you must get the brakes on quickly or else you end up in the ogin.

Norman

normandean
April 2nd, 2010, 10:24
:salute: I have at last the carriers but no aircraft on deck.I have changed the settings to high,no result. As for add-on aircraft,(F15) Windows7 will not download them onto FSX. FSX files are not similar as in XP. Has anyone had the same problem?
As for landings, so far 100%.Silky smooth.
GALAH:engel016:

AI Carriers runs just as well with Win 7, if you have installed the app correctly and have included the cvn 68-69 you should see more than one page in the menu when you select ctrl + j. The various configurations are listed there. You also need this cfg file in the conf.d folder. The cfg name is cvn_id.cfg.

[formation.0]
title=CVN 68 USS Nimitz (Single)
unit.0=veh_carrier01_hd_cvn68, 0, 0
[formation.1]
title=CVN 71 USS Teddy Roosevelt (Single)
unit.0=veh_carrier01_hd_cvn71, 0, 0
[formation.2]
title=CVN 72 USS Abe Lincoln (Single)
unit.0=veh_carrier01_hd_cvn72, 0, 0
[formation.3]
title=CVN 73 USS George Washington (Single)
unit.0=veh_carrier01_hd_cvn73, 0, 0
[formation.4]
title=CVN 76 USS Ronald Reagan (Single)
unit.0=veh_carrier01_hd_cvn76, 0, 0
[formation.5]
title=CVN 68 USS Nimitz (Group)
unit.0=veh_carrier01_hd_cvn68, 0, 0
unit.1=veh_cruiser01,-500, -300
unit.2=veh_destroyer01,-700, 500
unit.3=veh_cruiser01,600, -400
[formation.6]
title=USS Nimitz (CVN68) Crowded deck 1 & Fleet
unit.0=CVN68_4, 0, 0
unit.1=VEH_cruiser01, -3000, -1000
unit.2=VEH_destroyer01, 3000, -1000
unit.3=SH-60_guard, 350, -120
unit.4=VEH_destroyer01, 200, -8000
unit.5=VEH_destroyer01, 900, 7000
[formation.7]
title=USS Nimitz (CVN68) Recovery Configuration & Fleet
unit.0=CVN68_7, 0, 0
[formation.8]
title=CVN 72 USS Abe Lincoln (Group)
unit.0=veh_carrier01_hd_cvn72, 0, 0
[formation.9]
title=USS Eisenhower (CVN69) Crowded deck 2 & Fleet
unit.0=CVN69_5, 0, 0
[formation.10]
title=CVN 73 USS George Washington (Group)
unit.0=veh_carrier01_hd_cvn73, 0, 0
[formation.11]
title=CVN 76 USS Ronald Reagan (Group)
unit.0=veh_carrier01_hd_cvn76, 0, 0
[formation.12]
title=USS Eisenhower (CVN69) Underway Replenishment (UNREP)
unit.0=CVN69_7, 0, 0
unit.1=USNS_PATUXENT_UNREP, 102, -50
unit.2=SH-60_guard, 350, -220
unit.3=SH-60_guard, 150, -80

If you haven't got it then copy the above into notepad and save it to the conf.d folder as cvn_id.cfg

Norman

albix
April 29th, 2010, 04:59
Hello,
first of all I wish to say thank you to the authors of these wonderful addons that make FSX a real beauty!
I have a couple of questions about it though:
1) how do I trigger the catapult "shooter"?
2) which key activate the carrier elevators to the hangar?

Thanks in advance for your help.

limjack
April 29th, 2010, 06:48
Hi albix
Shift+U to extend the launch bar
Shift+I to attach to the catapult
Shift+Spacebar to fire the catapult

As far as getting down to the hanger you just have to wait for the elevator to move. No key command that I know of to call the elevator. Moves about every 30 sec. or so.

Hope this helps

Jim

tigisfat
April 29th, 2010, 07:28
I used to have it, then a crash in FSX reset all my 'addon menu' type stuff. I can't get Ai carriers installed now. It pisses me off.

limjack
April 29th, 2010, 08:24
I used to have it, then a crash in FSX reset all my 'addon menu' type stuff. I can't get Ai carriers installed now. It pisses me off.

I as well have always had a tough time getting this add on installed but it is so worth it I suffer through and find a way to make it work.

albix
April 29th, 2010, 08:25
Hi albix
Shift+U to extend the launch bar
Shift+I to attach to the catapult
Shift+Spacebar to fire the catapult

As far as getting down to the hanger you just have to wait for the elevator to move. No key command that I know of to call the elevator. Moves about every 30 sec. or so.

Hope this helps

Jim

Thank you very much for the help Jim.
I have seen in a video that the catapult officer (shooter) moves at the launch. I cannot see it in mine, how does it work?
Thank you.

Alberto

halvar342
April 29th, 2010, 09:00
Thank you for that update. Its well appreciated. Great Work. :salute:

tigisfat
April 29th, 2010, 09:24
I as well have always had a tough time getting this add on installed but it is so worth it I suffer through and find a way to make it work.

what'd you do? The manual install doesn't make sense to me and the installer doesn't work.

GypsyBaron
April 29th, 2010, 10:09
what'd you do? The manual install doesn't make sense to me and the installer doesn't work.

You may be suffering from NET Framework version problems.

I helped someone here get both his XP and Win7 installations going
with aicarriers2r2 a couple of months back.

After looking at all sorts of possible issues...EXE.XML entries, etc...
it came down to his removing the most recent NET version and reverting
back to an earlier version.

AIR, somewhere along the line, the NET installation process changed. Where it
used to keep prior versions along with an update, apparently now it
trashes earlier versions. Since aicarriers2r2 was written during the
"earlier period", this may be an issue now.

Paul

EDIT: The post following this jogged my memory and it WAS Java that was
the problem with the installs and reverting back to a previous version
solved the problem.

Thanks limjack!

limjack
April 29th, 2010, 10:10
I followed the readme file like it told me to do step by step but the Java part got me and my ship was not showing up. To finally get it to work on my computer I had to install Jave 32bit and 64 bit and when I did this the ships finally appeared. I have Windows 7 64bit on my computer.

I attached a couple pics of how I installed my files into fsx that I had posted earlier in another thread. If they help great, if not I suck at teaching :icon_lol:. But that jave thing is the one that screwed me up.

Jim

halvar342
May 22nd, 2010, 23:09
If i choose one of the carrier groups i see the wash of the excort vessels going up in the air. Did anyone else encountered this?

orionll
May 23rd, 2010, 08:26
If i choose one of the carrier groups i see the wash of the excort vessels going up in the air. Did anyone else encountered this?
Does this thread help: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19073?

It's the only thing similar I could think of...

halvar342
May 23rd, 2010, 08:40
That could be a reasone. But i dont think i have changed my wake file anytime. Maybe its in the effect itself as written in that thread in the link?

falcon194019401940
May 25th, 2010, 05:53
hello,

aicarriers2 is running but uss nimitz dont run on my pc why???