PDA

View Full Version : steve tyler walks this way

cheezyflier
November 10th, 2009, 02:21
no more aerosmith, steven tyler quit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091109/ennew_afp/entertainmentusmusicaerosmithtyler_20091109175321; _ylt=AnSKFP3Ph_KlBvRTUvxVb4N0fNdF

sammy hagar's busy with chickenfoot, so the prospects for a replacement don't look too good :icon_lol:

harleyman
November 10th, 2009, 02:33
Hmmmmmmmmmmm Thats to bad.....

Been listening to Aerosmith way before most had ever heard of them , like 40 years ago....LOL

TomSteber
November 10th, 2009, 03:27
Wow, that sucks!
Kinda wonder if he fell off the wagon?
My guess is the lead singer from Perry's side project will step in.

Snuffy
November 10th, 2009, 03:56
If I were him, after that fall from the stage in Sturgis a couple months ago this is probably a good decision on his part ... :applause:

Lets face it, 40 years of Aerosmith was great, but you gotta wonder when some people will decide to grow up and stop acting like they're still 20 year olds. This includes the Rollin Stones, and others.

:173go1:

Or, if you're going to stay in it after your become 65, you should probaby quit gyrating across the stage and just sing. :kilroy:

So long Mr. Tyler. Thank you for the songs and the memories!

Railrunner130
November 10th, 2009, 04:32
From what the article said, this has happened before. So I'm not sure it is worth reading into. My wife read something about his body can't take the beating from being on the road any more. He's been hospitalized a few times in the last year that I can think of. He had throat surgery, something about his foot/rehab? that was never figured out and he broke his collarbone on this current tour.

If it is true....

Perhaps they could continue with a series of "guest" singers. The Wilson sisters from Heart come to mind.

For a more perminant solution, I think Chris Robinson from the Black Crows would be awesome. (If the Crows are no longer together, again...) I was listening to Page/Crows the other day doing Zeppelin and it was really good. I think Chris would do a great job. He's similar to Steven Tyler, yet different enough to make it work and make it his own.

BTW- I saw Chickenfoot twice this year. They're incredible. I really like Sammy Hagar, but I don't think he's right for Aerosmith.

TARPSBird
November 10th, 2009, 05:14
Aerosmith needs to start browsing YouTube, maybe they'll find some Filipino guy who's a dead ringer for Tyler. :icon_lol: It worked for Journey when they found Arnel Pineda to replace Steve Perry.

Prowler1111
November 10th, 2009, 05:29
He might thank God he can walk away...

Prowler

FAC257
November 10th, 2009, 13:00
They are one of those bands that I've liked the music but never owned any of their stuff.

Got to see them twice. Back in '75 in the Lakeland Civic Center they were sort of the new guys as the opening act for Jeff Beck and Rod Stewart & Faces.

Then in '83 they were again an opening act for Journey, along with Sammy Hagar and Brian Adams.

FAC

Dain Arns
November 10th, 2009, 13:24
If I were him, after that fall from the stage in Sturgis a couple months ago this is probably a good decision on his part ... :applause:

Lets face it, 40 years of Aerosmith was great, but you gotta wonder when some people will decide to grow up and stop acting like they're still 20 year olds. This includes the Rollin Stones, and others.

:173go1:

Or, if you're going to stay in it after your become 65, you should probaby quit gyrating across the stage and just sing. :kilroy:

So long Mr. Tyler. Thank you for the songs and the memories!

Yep. I blame South Dakota for this. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

hey_moe
November 10th, 2009, 14:21
The band said they will move on without him, but his voice is what made the band. Without him I can't see them going to far.

cheezyflier
November 10th, 2009, 14:40
this is really a new thing for me. for the first time ever, i agree with everyone above, simultaneously:isadizzy::icon_lol:

TomSteber
November 12th, 2009, 03:36
Well, I just read a blurb in the paper that Tyler is staying put. No break-up. All is well.
Till the next break-up at least.

Railrunner130
November 12th, 2009, 12:58
Yup! Odd how things have a way of "autocorrecting".

Dain Arns
November 12th, 2009, 15:48
LOL! It was South Dakota's fault! :icon_lol: :wavey:

Relations between Tyler and Perry have reportedly been strained ever since Aerosmith was forced to cancel the rest of its tour (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20297880,00.html) in August after the singer hurt his shoulder falling off a stage in Sturgis, S.D. "He hasn't called me in months," Perry Tweeted last week. "A bit cold." But he is back though...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20319050,00.html

Cripes, hasn't every member of that band, walked away at least once so far, then later came back? I figured it would turn out this way. :icon_lol:

Railrunner130
November 13th, 2009, 03:12
They've done group therapy in the past to resolve disputes. I'll give them a lot of credit for that. Perhaps they need to go back and resolve a few more.

Snuffy
November 13th, 2009, 03:15
Mebbe it is really time for Aerosmith to take a vacation ... :wiggle:

AckAck
November 13th, 2009, 19:15
Mebbe it is really time for Aerosmith to take a vacation ... :wiggle:

I'm guessing you are suggesting "permanent"? :wiggle:

Brian