PDA

View Full Version : It's all Nick's Fault

falcon409
November 9th, 2009, 20:14
I was quite happy not messin' with that persnikity H1 from Aerosoft. I had long since stashed it away on a DVD somewhere and went on my merry way. Then. . .NickC had to post that shot of the VC, makin' it look all easy to fly and all and so I HAD to go find the dang file and reinstall it. . . . . .and now I can't drag myself outta the cockpit, lol, lol

Crusader
November 9th, 2009, 22:31
Nice shots Ed . Wow , I can't get over the strange looking landing gear on that bird . All it needs is some gaul wings and it would look like a prototype of a Corsair . LOL The pilot sure sits a fer piece back from the engine don't they ?

Rich:USA-flag:

falcon409
November 10th, 2009, 04:15
Yea, the gear set up does seem overdone for this bird, but with the prop size, I guess it was necessary to allow for take off and landing without having a prop strike. Makes it tough to land as the fwd view is almost non-existent. The VC is so detailed, you could spend the better part of one flight just playin' with all the cranks and switches, lol. Not near as difficult to fly as I remember when I first got it once I was able to get all the settings correctly and the engine sounds are awesome. It has become one of my favorite aircraft to fly, thanks to Nick!

Boomer
November 10th, 2009, 05:43
Hehehe Ed, I had the same thought but hadnt gotten around to it yet.

falcon409
November 10th, 2009, 05:59
Hehehe Ed, I had the same thought but hadnt gotten around to it yet.
Yep, had Nick not posted that shot of his and jogged my memory about it, I probably would have never gone back to give it another shot. The real trick (which isn't very tricky at all) is to set the RPM's and manifold pressure so they stay out of the red. The engine temp seems to run pretty cool once those are set and once the AP is engaged, I'll tweak the mixture a bit to get as much as I can out of the engine without those other settings moving in the wrong direction.
Tghose shots I took were on a flight from Astoria, up the coast to Fairchild then back down the inlet to almost Seatac and that baby just purred like a kitten, lol.