PDA

View Full Version : Which weather generator

LouP
November 9th, 2009, 08:33
Ok first of many questions I'm sure. I am getting ready to jump into FSX and I've been using AS 6.5 for FS9 but see that there is alternative for FSX so I was wondering what folks were using and why.

Thanks,
LouP :wiggle:

Dain Arns
November 9th, 2009, 10:14
Active Sky Advanced (ASA). I had been using HiFi's AS for years, so I am comfortable with it. I already had ASA in place. before REX was released, and couldn't see spending money on a similar product. A lot of folks seem to like REX, but ASA does what I want, and I've always been happy with it.

CG_1976
November 9th, 2009, 10:18
I use REX. It better depicts the Arctic and WX and also magnifies the beauty and WX in the tropics and my frames are still fluid.

Naismith
November 9th, 2009, 12:12
Above are good, but the freeby FSMetar is very good and gets up and running a lot quicker than the payware ones. Get it here

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/fsmetar/

Tako_Kichi
November 9th, 2009, 12:25
REX2 for me and I love it and no frame rate hits either.

harleyman
November 9th, 2009, 16:07
Above are good, but the freeby FSMetar is very good and gets up and running a lot quicker than the payware ones. Get it here

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/fsmetar/

PCTools said this had a Trojan.CWS with it and quarenteened it fast...

dswo
November 9th, 2009, 16:42
I have been happy with ActiveSky 5/6.5, X, and Advanced.

LouP
November 10th, 2009, 13:54
Thanks guys,

Anyone using AS graphics? If so, what do you think?

LouP

FAC257
November 10th, 2009, 14:27
I've been using ASA with XGraphics since release and really like them.

I really like what can be done with them in creating "Snapshots" or different combos of graphics that ASA can use randomly when it loads up.

One very nice feature of ASA is that it can use the graphics environment add-ons from other sources such as GEX and I believe REX also. It's not limited to using the default or XG for creating the Snapshots.

FAC

Pepere
November 10th, 2009, 16:01
PCTools said this had a Trojan.CWS with it and quarenteened it fast...

McAfee would not even let me go to the site?

David