PDA

View Full Version : Increase The Pan Rate in FSX ?

Timm
November 8th, 2009, 23:01
Hi Guys,
Small question when I was flying in FS9 you were able to increase the pan rate in the FS9's main config, but looking in the FSX config there seems not to be this option. Can you increase the rate in FSX and if so where can you change the settings? Timm

stovall
November 9th, 2009, 03:51
Timm, all the camera views are in the same folder your FSX.cfg files is in. You can adjust the views individually in the camera.cfg file. You will have to play with the settings to get the effect you want.

falcon409
November 9th, 2009, 04:13
Timm, all the camera views are in the same folder your FSX.cfg files is in. You can adjust the views individually in the camera.cfg file. You will have to play with the settings to get the effect you want.
Hmmm, just looked a the cameras.cfg file and I see what you mean. There is a section [cameradefinition.002] that holds the specs for the virtual cockpit. I never thought to look there as I assumed that file was just for setting static exterior camera positions. I'll have to see what I can get by tweaking a few various numbers to increase the pan speed.

Thanks Tom.

DB93
November 9th, 2009, 06:41
I know I had changed the pan rate previously, but I never re-did it after my last reinstall back in like March or April, so I can't remember (on my own) what I had to change, but I do know that for me, the pan speed is too fast and this post has reminded me that I needed to look back into this.

After doing some searching, I think I found the settings that need to be changed (at least, they sound like the changes I made before.)

Falcon409 is right, you need to change it in the cameras.cfg now, in the [cameradefinition.002] section (the one for the VC), instead of in the fsx.cfg.

Just make sure you backup your cameras.cfg before making any edits to it, and post back here to let us know if it worked for you or not.

These are the lines that need to be changed, they should be located under the [cameradefinition.002] heading, but may have a different cameradefinition.### if you have any third-party camera add-ons. Just make sure you change the values in the section that corresponds to the virtual cockpit, and you should be good to go.

PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75

Just change the numbers up or down to increase or decrease speed (values are degrees per second.) PitchPanRate affects up-and-down movements, while HeadingPanRate affects horizontal, side-to-side movement.

Here's more information about the cameras.cfg
http://forums.flightsim.com/fswiki/index.php/FSX_Camera_Introduction

Hope this helps you out, and let us know if it worked out for you or not. :)

Naismith
November 9th, 2009, 12:24
Get TrackIR and all those issues are non relevant.

falcon409
November 9th, 2009, 15:51
Yea, I have the visor mounted reflectors. . .had it for about a year now I guess. . .maybe more. I used it quite a bit when I first got it, ran into problems and had to uncheck the roll axis so it would work. Used it a bit more but always found it too shaky to even be able to click a switch, let along actually dial something up or switch freq's. I messed with the adjustments till I was bored with it and hung it on the wall next to my computer. I use the cap switch now.

Timm
November 9th, 2009, 19:55
Hi,
Thanks for all this info. I got TrackIR but for some reason in FSX it's having some weird effects. Might just download the latest drivers and see what happens. Once again Thanks for info. Timm