PDA

View Full Version : Best high speed internet?

Wulf190
November 8th, 2009, 10:18
what doz yuz fellas tink is da best high speedz internet provider?

(screwy speeling intended)

rpjkw
November 8th, 2009, 10:28
I have Cable One, the ONLY ballgame in town short of DSL. Guess I have little choice in saying Cable One.:kilroy:

Bob

OBIO
November 8th, 2009, 10:31
I have my internet through Time Warner Road Runner....only game in town for me. I am paying for a 7meg per second connection, but since most of the people on my road are older and generally don't have internet...I am clocking between 12 and 23 meg per second download times.

OBIO

djscoo
November 8th, 2009, 10:33
Time Warner's got a monopoly on my entire area...better than Comcast though!

Chacha
November 8th, 2009, 10:42
Brighthouse Network...

Roadrunner....

Internet, cable and home phone....

Bjoern
November 8th, 2009, 10:50
Alice.

Sounds like that unknown chick from next door but provides me with 16 megabits of ADSL.

www.alice.de

cheezyflier
November 8th, 2009, 12:30
rogers here, and i'm not likin it. funny how, for may of us there is little or no competitors. makes ya go hmmmmm

TomSteber
November 8th, 2009, 13:46
Had Roadrunner for the last few years. We just switched to AT&T ( wife's in property managment ) because we get it for free. So when I'm disatisfied with it I just keep telling myself "We're not paying for this!" It's not bad though. Just a little slower.
If I had to pay for it I'd stay with Roadrunner.

papab
November 8th, 2009, 14:29
what doz yuz fellas tink is da best high speedz internet provider?

(screwy speeling intended)

Don't know where you are but VERIZON FIOS Fiber is fantastic!!
http://www22.verizon.com/residential/fiosinternet/?CMP=KNC-CONSFIOSINTB

lifejogger
November 8th, 2009, 14:47
Where I live we have two options, Suddenlink cable or AT&T. I picked the cable cause we got a packaged deal with cable TV, internet and phone.

TARPSBird
November 8th, 2009, 15:15
I've had Cox (also my cable TV provider) since I got my computer in April 2001. I've been very happy with them. They occasionally have scheduled late-night maintenance outages which are a minor pain (I'm a night owl) but overall good service with good d/l speeds. Verizon still sends me offers to switch to DSL but after the goat-rope Hey_Moe had with his Verizon start-up (and some of my friends too) I'm staying with Cox.

Trans_23
November 8th, 2009, 16:44
Comcast for now. AT&T is the only other possibility.

hey_moe
November 8th, 2009, 16:57
I have Verizon FIOS which I have come to like better than Cox. The speed stays the same no matter what and it has better security. Cox where I am have been the only provider that was fast. The price just kept going up,up,up. Now that Verizon has started to enter the game, Cox customers are switching faster than Cox can keep up with.

Kiwikat
November 8th, 2009, 18:43
My college has blazing internet. Even at peak usage in the school you get at least 20 megs down and well over 10 megs up. I can't believe with that many computers connected we can still get those sorts of speeds. :isadizzy:

It makes my 4 megs down and 400k up at home feel like it's standing still.

Willy
November 8th, 2009, 21:08
I had AT&T (formerly BellSouth) DSL here, but true to AT&T's usual form, they started billing me for stuff that they shouldn't have and no customer support to try to fix it. Pay or get cut off.

So we switched to the local cable, New Wave. DSL was a bit slower, but more reliable. New Wave has a tendency to drop service at the most inopportune moments. Their customer service is better than AT&T as well.

Your mileage might vary

rayrey10
November 8th, 2009, 22:27
rogers here, and i'm not likin it. funny how, for may of us there is little or no competitors. makes ya go hmmmmm

It's not any better down South. You have Comcast or At&T. I have Comcast and I have no complaints.

stansdds
November 9th, 2009, 02:05
Around here you can get dial up, Verizon DSL if you live in the right place (FIOS is now available in some areas), or Comcast cable, that's it. I have Comcast because I don't live in the right spot. My cable has been reliable and it is fast. Too bad that most localities have laws that restrict cable to one provider. Competition is such a good thing.

harleyman
November 9th, 2009, 16:14
AT&T here.....

At the house its great...

At my shop, not as good or reliable

euroastar350
November 9th, 2009, 18:59
I have Verizon FIOS and I tell ya...once the contract is up in June, I am moving to Comcast! I am fed up with verizon charging us for additional services we did not ask for. And when we try to speak to a CSR, they get all snotty and have very poor customer support! Verizon:rocket: