PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my Saitek x52

Peter SWE
November 7th, 2009, 12:43
Hi Guys.

There is something wierd going in with my x52.

When i push the joystick all the way sideways to roll an aircraft it seems that the x52 loses contact with the sim. It is just at full tilt and only the sideways movment that is malfunktioning.

If i push the stick fully right or left it rull for a second or so and then the ailerons return to neutral, if i move the stick just so slightly away from full it starts working like i should.

When i look at the movement in the saitek software all the axis work as they should so i donīt think the problem is within the hardware.

Anyone have an idea how to solve this?

By the way, Please do have oversight with my english, iīm swedish.

/Peter

NCGent
November 7th, 2009, 12:56
Peter I have the same stick, had a few troubles with mine until I took the software out and left it out, no troubles then.

Chris

Nick C
November 7th, 2009, 14:04
Peter, I'm on my second X-52 pro. The first one went back because the cable that runs from the throttle to the stick started to show signs of a bad connection in the stick's socket, which resulted in intermittent signals being passed from the stick to the PC. A sure way to tell was to put the sim into slew mode, and the aircraft would spin in circles or zoom off in one direction.

After Aerosoft replaced my stick, I wrote to Saitek explaining that I thought it may be beneficial to consider the possibility of adding a locking mechanism to the end of these wires, if you're pushing and pulling your joystick across your desk things are bound to wear over time.

I've yet to hear back from them, but as that was over a year ago I'm not holding my breath.

My current stick...sticks too!

Dangerous Beans
November 7th, 2009, 14:41
I had a similar problem with my X52 Pro.
It turned out that it was because I had the boxes for "Control Spike Elimination" checked in the "Miscellaneous" page of FSUIPS, once I unchecked them it started working perfectly.

Peter SWE
November 8th, 2009, 06:59
I finaly figured out what was causing the strange behavour.
:isadizzy:

It was me, actually.

I had for some reason forgot to unplug the Thrustmaster afterburner joystick and left in plugged in together with the x52. The sim must have tryed communicate with both the x52 and the thrustmaster and that made it go bonkers.

Nick C
November 8th, 2009, 07:14
:173go1: :d