PDA

View Full Version : What control device are you using? Just curious...

pawport
October 27th, 2008, 11:19
Folllowing a dialog with Dirtman I became curious about the control devices the SOH members are using in CFS.
I mean joystick, thrust handles, pedals or any other home made controls.

I'm in the way to buy a new one (thanks to Dirtman:d,again...) and would be great for me to know some of your prefferences.

I currently use MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 1 (oldy i know). Due to broken a/c adapter have no FF as well as a center point:banghead:.

BTW What you think about ForceFeedback, regardless to frame rate loss? Does it work for you?

Greatfully yours
Pawport

PS I bet similar topic was already on forum some time ago and as I don't want to be boring forgive me if I am so.:redf:

DauntlessDriver546
October 27th, 2008, 11:32
Hi pawport!

I use a Saitek X-52 Professional Flight System... it's expensive, but I wouldn't have it any other way...

FF is annoying... don't bother...

My previous stick was a Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro... good stick... but mine was defected...

Just go ahead and google up saitek and have a look...:running:

Rocktser2
October 27th, 2008, 12:04
I had both CH Pro and Thrustmaster....................................

both are good......

It is all what your finances will allow.....................

hellcat44
October 27th, 2008, 13:15
I also have a Sidewinder-FFB-2...great stick!
I've said It b4, a joystick w/o FB is like sex w/o a partner.

OBIO
October 27th, 2008, 15:00
I have a Saitek ST 290 Pro joystick with center twist rudder input. 6 buttons. Nothing fancy....which is what I like about it....less parts/gizmos means less stuff to break/stop working. This stick is very adjustable to fit your hand and finger length.

My back up stick is a Saitek Cyborg Graphite. 6 buttons, no rudder input.

OBIO

xavierb
October 27th, 2008, 16:16
I am using the X-52 too to my great satisfaction...once you set properly its many buttons to your flight style preferences. And, by the way, I previously owned a Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro too! :)

Hi pawport!

I use a Saitek X-52 Professional Flight System... it's expensive, but I wouldn't have it any other way...

FF is annoying... don't bother...

My previous stick was a Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro... good stick... but mine was defected...

Just go ahead and google up saitek and have a look...:running:

nearmiss
October 27th, 2008, 16:20
I use the absolute best with a powered USB 2.0 4 slot hub.

Ch Products Pro Pedals
Ch Products FighterStick
Ch Products Pro Throttle

Noey clitchy and always worky awesomely likey shouldy

:ernae:

demorier
October 27th, 2008, 16:58
Older Thrustmaster 3 piece set. Attack throttle, Top Gun joy stick and Elite rudder pedals. Pretty old but still work ok with older OS's. Would like to update the setup to something newer that works off USB maybe, but need some more spare dollars first.

Hern07
October 27th, 2008, 17:37
Extreme 3d pro (Logitech.) One step up from basic, but serviceable.

Corsair Freak
October 27th, 2008, 17:58
I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo Non-FF and it's worked pretty good through the years, but now it's getting a bit sloppy. It's getting loose around the center, and when Im not touching it there's movement. Also the 90 degree hatswitch position is starting to die. :banghead:

Theres a couple of used X-52s on ebay I'm keeping an eye on, but if I can't get a hold of those I'll probably buy a Saitek Aviator.

SPman
October 27th, 2008, 20:46
An old (1999) MS Sidewinder, (I think). The detents for the rudder twist are broken, so it doesn't centre properly, so it makes for some "interesting" takeoffs......:gameoff:
I suppose I could use the Logitech wheel and pedals I've got for Grand Prix Legends, but then I'd have to just fly bombers...........:a1089:

I really must get something newer......

Skywolf
October 28th, 2008, 07:06
Saitek ST290 pro. Works great and I have only had one button break on me in 5 years.

pawport
October 28th, 2008, 22:31
It seems Saitek X-52 made to the top of my wish list!

Older Thrustmaster 3 piece set. Attack throttle, Top Gun joy stick and Elite rudder pedals. Pretty old but still work ok with older OS's. Would like to update the setup to something newer that works off USB maybe, but need some more spare dollars first.

...the same problem, but with euro:d

An old (1999) MS Sidewinder, (I think). The detents for the rudder twist are broken, so it doesn't centre properly, so it makes for some "interesting" takeoffs......:gameoff:
I suppose I could use the Logitech wheel and pedals I've got for Grand Prix Legends, but then I'd have to just fly bombers...........:a1089:

I really must get something newer......

... my takeoffs likewise, for other reasons. Too rookie to fly and too old to learn:d
I also tried to use my kids F1 wheel. It doesn't have pitch control so any way had to play with 1 hand always on keyboard... annoing...

egypt23spitfire
October 29th, 2008, 00:02
......THRUSTMASTER :ernae:
TOP GUN AFTERBURNER FEEDBACK HOTAS(mil n shootemup)

and
....SAITEK X45 HOTAS(civil):ernae:

.........both been good to me:applause:

Collin
October 29th, 2008, 08:30
Ball gag with chin strap.
Hogtie restraint.
Red leather handcuffs.

If all else fails, gaffer tape.

regards Collin:ernae:

Sorry.....wrong forum...

DauntlessDriver546
October 29th, 2008, 08:32
Ball gag with chin strap.
Hogtie restraint.
Red leather handcuffs.

If all else fails, gaffer tape.

regards Collin:ernae:

Hehe... jack:censored:... :costumes:

What a way to change the subject!:costumes::costumes:

Wulf190
October 29th, 2008, 10:40
X-52 with Saitek Pedals.

TARPSBird
October 29th, 2008, 12:00
MS Sidewinder Precision 2 stick.

bearcat241
October 29th, 2008, 15:47
Logitech FFB 3D Pro....still waitin' on delivery of my CH pedals :d

pawport
October 30th, 2008, 13:14
... for dropping by and help me gettin an idea.

I tried yesterday Logiteh 3dpro and it's really great. Small but steady.

Saitek will remain in the zone of the dreams until :
primo: Hit a Lotto
secondo: Get more free space at my desk for pedals and throttle.

Once more thanks

Devildog73
October 30th, 2008, 16:03
I'm cheap.
I am using a Logitech Attack 3.

Buddha13
October 30th, 2008, 16:18
Hi all,
Using my trusty MS Sidewinder.Had it 10 years and not had any problems so far.

Buddha13

bearcat241
October 30th, 2008, 16:53
Hi all,
Using my trusty MS Sidewinder.Had it 10 years and not had any problems so far.

Oh i can only wish...my MS Sidekicker died on me a couple of years ago and i'm still in mourning :icon_lol:. I tore the twister out of joint (can't fly & fight with no rudder) and the "doc" wrote 'er off as a TL.

Captain Tenneal
October 30th, 2008, 19:16
MS Sidewinder Force Feedback,,, still going and I hope it last forever.....don't want to have to search for one on ebay.....

Bulldog
November 2nd, 2008, 06:32
Thrustmaster Top Gun Afterburner II, which has served me well. I'm still irritated Thrustmaster stopped making this one, since I'm finally starting to wear this one out and now am investigating what to buy next.

MaskRider
November 2nd, 2008, 09:57
Saitek Cyborg EVO. I keep a piece of electrical tape over the annoying little blue light on top of the stick. I bought it because it was the only decent stick I could find at my local store on the day that I needed a new one.

Still going strong after several years.

Jean Bomber
November 2nd, 2008, 16:28
I use an old MS Sidewinder , but this times (very) often I use the mouse with the speed x4:icon31: ,sometimes 10-20 m upper the sea and ground level ,very fun too ,that it's a way to quickly fly up around some huge sceneries .....
......but after some fly like this I find these old planes terribly slow...:d

jimskifs
November 2nd, 2008, 16:52
Me too with the old MS Sidewinder. I bought two used for about $10 each. I was ashamed to admit it at first.

Jimski

MaskRider
November 2nd, 2008, 17:05
If I could have found another MS Sidewinder when I was in the market for a new stick I would have bought it- instead of the Saitek.