PDA

View Full Version : Add On Ships

CrisGer
November 6th, 2009, 14:35
I just got IL FB, the expansion and PF but i understand there are limited large ships. I read it is possible to add the Tirpitz and maybe some others? where can i get them? and has anyone added some of the US BB's? or other heavies?

KOM.Nausicaa
November 6th, 2009, 14:44
Ok first of all, you version of the game is outdated. You should get IL2:1946, it has all and every official expansion included, also Pacific Fighters. Mods and addons are done for "1946". vers 4.09.

CrisGer
November 6th, 2009, 15:50
so is it possible to mod ILFB + ACE + PB to 1946? i dont mind getting 1946, just wondered. and thanks for the reply.

eddie
November 6th, 2009, 18:20
so is it possible to mod ILFB + ACE + PB to 1946? i dont mind getting 1946, just wondered. and thanks for the reply.

Sorry, it isn't possible to mod the original series to '46. You can get IL46 real cheap now, like getting it here-

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-IL246/il-2-sturmovik-1946

Its a download version, but it can be modded like the dvd version, but you don't have to have a dvd to play.

stansdds
November 7th, 2009, 04:06
Il2: 1946 is a stand alone version that contains the entire series, you cannot upgrade Il2FB+ACE+PF to 1946. Once you have Il2:1946 you will want to obtain the free patches to 4.08 and now some online servers and mod sites have upgraded to the new 4.09 patch.

CrisGer
November 7th, 2009, 10:19
OK, thanks very much, i do have the patches and have just ordered the newer sim. Thanks a lot for the posts, and I am glad to see development has continued on the series, and that the new one has according to what I hear more accurate ships and I hope also a Torpedo carrying carrier plane, another strange thing to have left out of the original series. I understand the technology was there for torpedoes and some planes did deliver them but Grumman planes were not modeled for some reason, maybe copyright by the company? not sure. But it is good to hear that there is an upgrade for it all. thanks again for the replies. I continue to see the best combat flight sim with really good scenery and visuals, i continue to hope for the Perfect Pearl Harbour. :)

KOM.Nausicaa
November 7th, 2009, 15:47
Grumman and other planes/ships could not be modelled because American companies wanted money for copyrights.

eddie
November 7th, 2009, 17:41
Grumman and other planes/ships could not be modelled because American companies wanted money for copyrights.

That's true, but the modders can add them in because they are free, and Grumman can't do anything about that.

They are already in and working just fine, and you can operate from a carrier if you want!

miamieagle
November 10th, 2009, 06:39
Take a look in here http://www.allaircraftarcade.com/forum/

Enjoy!