PDA

View Full Version : Profiling - G940

Timm
November 6th, 2009, 10:12
Hi Guys,
Need some help/info please on profiling with the G940. Now in FSX I fly all types of Aircraft ranging from the little Piper Cub to The Bell 412 and the L-39 Albatros, and as you all know these all have different commands etc, now with my old Saitek X52 I was able to make a profile for each of these aircraft and I was able just to switch the profile to the aircraft I was flying. Now for some reason or is it just me you can't do that with the G940 ?
What I have done so far is made a profile for the L-39 which works great and now I want to make one for the Cera Bell 412 it's telling me that this will over write the L-39 as it's asking for the same exe.file. Any help will be greatfull.
One thought I have just had is I don't use the mode switch so I might just assign the 3 aircraft I fly most via this. In other words use Mode 1 for the Albatros, 2 for the Bell 412 and 3 for the Piper Cub. Unless there is another way. Timm

glennc
November 6th, 2009, 11:11
There is what I call an issue with the G940. The buttons are programmed via the Logitech Profiler while the axes, stick, throttles, rudder and brakes, are controlled via the FSX controls settings. The place that really binds is four engine aircraft that need differential thrust due to a non-steerable tail-wheel. There is no way to tell it right side/left side/one throttle all engines, vs a twin two engine config. I tried to set up three FSX configs with different throttle settings. It didn't work.

Timm
November 6th, 2009, 11:37
Hi Glenn,
It's sure has some problems. I only fly the aircraft I mentioned above but most of the time I fly the L-39. I am going along the lines of profiling these 3 aircraft via the mode switch. I done the L-39 and the Bell 412 so far there flying just as I want them. Timm

JamesChams
November 6th, 2009, 11:38
Gents,

I understand that you are having troubles with these configuration, mainly due to a lack of knowledge; perhaps, because the manual is "lacking" in appropriate documentation.

I can tell you that it is possible to do what you'll want WITHOUT using FSUIPC or "mucking" with external FSX utilities/game controller configs. However, you'll have to wait for a week or so as my FSX system is under upgrades and I cannot post screenshots or configurations until it is up again.

Can you'll wait? Or, keep trying for yourselves....

Timm
November 6th, 2009, 11:44
Hi James,
Thanks for that info. I'm sure there is away in doing these profiles but as you said the the manual is "lacking" in appropriate documentation. I will look forward to your post. Timm

JamesChams
November 6th, 2009, 11:47
Mr. "Timm,"

OK; I'll do a step by step process for you... and you'll see that it works quite nicely. And I might even post a few extra profiles for you'll to test as well... Will you find that to be useful?

glennc
November 6th, 2009, 16:05
Hi, James,

I'm open to suggestions. Someone suggested FSUIPC. I'm a little relunctant to buy it, not because I have had a bad experience of any kind. I know Peter provides excellent support with great patience and dignity. It's more just out of maybe a desire not to "mess up" an already loaded set-up. I'm very happy with the G940 except for the four engine (A2A B-17 mostly) issue.

OK, I've rambled on enough.

Glenn

JamesChams
November 6th, 2009, 17:15
Mr. Glenn "glennc,"

I think I suggested FSUIPC to you for the single axis engine -> 4 axis mapping before. It is something I used before with great success. But, in tinkering with the G940, I discovered much with how this works and found a way to bypass FSUIPC with Axis'. Please be patient as my system is being re-worked and as soon as it is up and going, I can be of some help to all of you.

:wavey:

glennc
November 6th, 2009, 18:36
James, thank you - much appreciated. I know how much "fun" rebuilding a PC can be.

Happy Friday

Glenn

Timm
November 6th, 2009, 20:08
Will you find that to be useful?James,
Anything you do for us will be greatly appreciated and not just for me but I'm sure a number of other guys out there. Whilst on the subject of profiles has anyone made use of the mini button on the stick ? Timm