PDA

View Full Version : Epic Victory and Avelina; WIP

Lionheart
November 6th, 2009, 09:06
Hey all,

For those that might not know, we're presently creating two new planes.

One is the 5 place small, sleek Epic Victory VLJ biz jet. I had hoped to have this done earlier this year. I am a bit behind schedule.

The second is a General Aviation plane, the Avelina, meaning beautiful small bird in Italian. This will be available in fixed gear and RG versions. There may be 2 versions of interiors as well. That isnt decided yet.

Just a heads up and some WIP shots. Still tons of things left to do on these, so figure a while yet to go.

Bill

falcon409
November 6th, 2009, 09:12
Oh yea, both are gonna be beautiful Bill, but I especially like the Avelina. Keep up the great work.:ernae:

Tako_Kichi
November 6th, 2009, 09:14
Looking very nice Bill! The painter in me is already thinking of repaints for these birds! ;)

One thing I noticed about the Victory is that the windshield seems to come further back along the side of the fuselage compared to the Epic. One of my big gripes when flying the Epic is the poor visibility to the left from the VC even when using TIR. It looks like the Victory is much more pilot friendly in that regard. :applause:

Lionheart
November 6th, 2009, 09:23
Looking very nice Bill! The painter in me is already thinking of repaints for these birds! ;)

One thing I noticed about the Victory is that the windshield seems to come further back along the side of the fuselage compared to the Epic. One of my big gripes when flying the Epic is the poor visibility to the left from the VC even when using TIR. It looks like the Victory is much more pilot friendly in that regard. :applause:

Hey Larry,

Yes it is a totally different plane. It might share some of the lines of the Epic LT fuselage, but its so totally different in many respects. Its shorter, not as tall inside, wider, having a sort of flattish top to it. The Epic is 'almost' round in its front profile.

In photos of the Epic LT's, you can barely see the pilots from the side views. I imagine its pretty similar to the early Lears, though they may have had better visibility.

One thing I wanted to do on this one is make actual 3D inspection plates on the fuselage (near the tail) and on the bottoms of the wings. But I am wondering if they capture too much attention. In the past, I have made these in the textures themselves though I did do a couple of planes with actual 3D plates. Still deciding on it though..

Bill

bushpilot
November 6th, 2009, 09:40
Smooooth lines, I love em both:ernae:. That Victory is something special.

Matt Wynn
November 6th, 2009, 09:41
looking great Bill love the Avelina! reminds me of some of the designs i've drawn in the past :kilroy:

EasyEd
November 6th, 2009, 09:47
Hey All,

Nice looking aircraft!

Is the Avelina a real plane? I couldn't find a website.

The Epic jet will be an epic addition to FS! :bump: Sorry couldn't resist!

Have had any chance to rework the Tailwind air/cfg for more range? Is it in the works?

-Ed-

Lewis-A2A
November 6th, 2009, 09:49
Good Times :ernae:

JamesChams
November 6th, 2009, 09:50
:applause::medals::applause:

:wavey:

Matt Wynn
November 6th, 2009, 09:56
Ed the Avelina is his own design If i recall...

Lionheart
November 6th, 2009, 09:59
Hey All,

Nice looking aircraft!

Is the Avelina a real plane? I couldn't find a website.

The Epic jet will be an epic addition to FS! :bump: Sorry couldn't resist!

Have had any chance to rework the Tailwind air/cfg for more range? Is it in the works?

-Ed-

Thanks Ed,

The Avelina is a fictional plane that has similar lines to several present day GA planes. I am painstakingly making it as realistic as possible. I hope it will be better then the actual real world planes in appearence and cockpit layout.

And yes, I did rework the Tailwind for better mileage. I posted it on your thread where you originally asked this.

If you send me your email address, I'll send you over the airfile. (I redid the W10 only. I didnt get to the W8 'yet' ).

Bill

Matt Wynn
November 6th, 2009, 10:04
my designs never get past the drawing board for obvious reasons.... this one being my nose gear leg being drawn while half asleep... kinda has lines similar to your Avalina...

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/oo264/IRIS-Matt/DSC00041-1.jpg

But i prefer your Avelina to my 'doodlings' :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Kiwikat
November 6th, 2009, 10:19
:icon_eek:

I need that Epic Win errr Victory :icon_lol: :applause:

Lionheart
November 6th, 2009, 10:38
my designs never get past the drawing board for obvious reasons.... this one being my nose gear leg being drawn while half asleep... kinda has lines similar to your Avalina...

But i prefer your Avelina to my 'doodlings' :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Nice design Smoothie. To me, I see a little P-51 in there. There is a plane on the front of EAA Sport Aviation this month that looks similar to that. You might check it out.

Here are a couple of shots of the panel in the Avelina. This is a 'maybe' panel. I plan on having 2 versions of panels and also a steam gauges option.

Bill

Chacha
November 6th, 2009, 10:40
I can't wait to fly the Victory, I have waited 2 years for that! :applause:

And the Avelina... I love it... she's a beauty! :ernae:

eli

Matt Wynn
November 6th, 2009, 10:55
i somehow knew you'd pick up on that after i spotted it as well.... :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
November 6th, 2009, 11:40
that panel is beautiful, makes me want to sleep with it, by that i mean in the same hangar of course... :icon_lol:

off topic, Bill heres my Adobe Illustrator Doodlings of a few Mongrels...
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x270/mattwynn/Profile%20Art/

Chacha
November 6th, 2009, 11:54
that panel is beautiful, makes me want to sleep with it, by that i mean in the same hangar of course... :icon_lol:

off topic, Bill heres my Adobe Illustrator Doodlings of a few Mongrels...
http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x270/mattwynn/Profile%20Art/

Pretty nice drawings....

Let me share one.... from my daughter... it doesn't look like the Avelina at all... back to the topic :pop4:

Matt Wynn
November 6th, 2009, 12:01
yup back to topic, whats the avelinas powerplant Bill? and projected range?

Lionheart
November 6th, 2009, 13:50
Love the planes ChaCha! Tell Hannah they are awesome.

:applause: :medals: :applause:

Smoothie,

Interesting artwork. Love the 'Fifty-One' with twin Jumo's.

Bill

DB93
November 6th, 2009, 14:47
Here are a couple of shots of the panel in the Avelina. This is a 'maybe' panel. I plan on having 2 versions of panels and also a steam gauges option.
Bill

Well that's one heck of a sweet looking panel. I love the woodgrain! So I'm hoping that's going to be more than just a 'maybe' panel. :) Both aircraft look fantastic, great work as always, Lionheart.

harleyman
November 6th, 2009, 18:27
Yes....Yes...And Yes .....

I'll have them all please.............:applause:

Roger
November 7th, 2009, 02:22
Really stylish aircraft Bill! They'll be great in FsX:applause:

Wombat_VC
November 7th, 2009, 05:47
Waiting, waiting, waiting... for both to be released. :jump:

Hey Bill, I know this is FS and not real, but can Avelina run on something other than AVGAS? AVGAS is getting scarce in my region.

Lionheart
November 7th, 2009, 10:08
Waiting, waiting, waiting... for both to be released. :jump:

Hey Bill, I know this is FS and not real, but can Avelina run on something other than AVGAS? AVGAS is getting scarce in my region.

Its funny you mention this.

I was going to make a hybrid that runs on both a hydrogen engine/fuel, and a electric motor for 1 hour of flight on electrics alone. The first Avelina had solar cells in the wings so it could charge without a charger and if you only flew an hour, you could fly on electrics alone.

But I ran into a few snags and sophisticated details, like how to have a hybrid engine system (two versions of fuel burn, two versions of fuel). I wish Aces had put that in FS9 and FSX.

Also, there were issues of hydrogen being avilable at all airports. It think its easier to get at an airfield then avgas.

So I am wondering if I should even do the hybrid 'original' version of the Avelina.

Bill

Matt Wynn
November 7th, 2009, 10:27
yeah do the hybrid :jump: it's not too hard to create a Hydrogen fuel tank scenery object... :kilroy:

Wombat_VC
November 7th, 2009, 20:40
Its funny you mention this.

I was going to make a hybrid that runs on both a hydrogen engine/fuel, and a electric motor for 1 hour of flight on electrics alone. The first Avelina had solar cells in the wings so it could charge without a charger and if you only flew an hour, you could fly on electrics alone.

But I ran into a few snags and sophisticated details, like how to have a hybrid engine system (two versions of fuel burn, two versions of fuel). I wish Aces had put that in FS9 and FSX.

Also, there were issues of hydrogen being avilable at all airports. It think its easier to get at an airfield then avgas.

So I am wondering if I should even do the hybrid 'original' version of the Avelina.

Bill

Actually, why not a jet fuel sipping diesel? You can of course add the hybrid part, if weight is not a problem.

By the way, if it is hydrogen, make it a H2 fueled Wankel engine (Mazda Hydrogen Renesis), if that is what you have in mind. :jump: