PDA

View Full Version : My Book

Ickie
November 5th, 2009, 14:45
In the past 7 months I have been here sorta, I have been writing a book on line, "Where Buffalo Roam" Over the years I have written this 1000 times and once even hand written it than burnt it. Well the book is now in the hands of a professional writer who is saying what I could not find the words for.

I need to now sell my book to a publisher and I need your help.
Please go to www.hall-18.com and read my story, than sign up and post something like your comments in my forums at www.hall-18.com , this is important because numbers and comments will get me a good deal with a publisher.

This book tells it all, drugs, sex and rock and roll. It has horrors beyond belief. You will see my songs as they were really thought of. You will be lost in disbeliefs. You will finally know me as I am.
Mind Mine.

Ron (aka ickie)

Chacha
November 5th, 2009, 15:07
Ron,

That book will be a best seller...

Reserve me two books, autographed....
I have read the post for a good 3 hours... and I can't help tears rushing from my eyes.... it takes a lot of courage and survival to be there... and lived.... congratulations, man!! :medals:

Eli

Wittpilot
November 5th, 2009, 15:19
Ickie, I am sure you have thought about it... but in the small chance you did not... Did you think about some of the online publishers out there like lulu.com? You submit your work, they tell you how much it is to make, and you set the price anything above that you want... Im working on two books at the moment... mostly pictures.... (I hate writing) Like I said, you probably already thought about it......
Good Luck!
-witt

Ickie
November 5th, 2009, 15:37
I am looking into a publisher in Traverse City Michigan, where the story begins. This story has never been told and will be a big hit in Traverse City.

djscoo
November 5th, 2009, 15:41
This is fascinating stuff, Ickie! I posted a link at a relevant forum I'm a member of. :ernae:

Ickie
November 5th, 2009, 15:42
do not forget to sign up in my forums and post

Chacha
November 6th, 2009, 03:52
This story has never been told and will be a big hit in Traverse City.

This story will hit big not only here in the USA but also around the world....

Don't you want to go to Oprah and speak to millions of viewers and educate us people, what happened inside a State Hospital? I know you already planned or thought about it. :running:

Rami
November 6th, 2009, 03:56
Ickie,

I threw my support behind you....and I understand more than you know, believe me.

Chacha
November 7th, 2009, 09:21
Hey guys and gals....

If you haven't been here.... www.hall-18.com ... try to give a peep on this... On this forum, you will know who Ron is, at least his past ... it was very colorful and sad, and a lot of questions behind where he had been...

Imagine yourself imprisoned into a world that you have no part of..... Everything was new to him... the millions maybe billions of roaches, the mice.... the insane, the love, the excitement, the joy and most of all the peace...

Come and let us share Ron, the bright side that he found now that he want to tell the world what he went through...

Man... and be sure to have a tissue close by... :engel016:

CrisGer
November 7th, 2009, 10:37
Ickie, i have written you a e mail. I was in book publishing as a Chief editor, International Rights Editor and Pre press production lead, as well as helped start another small press for some years... by profession i am a artist but got in to book world to help a partner. I also have studied the institutions you experienced and know of the one you were in. I know of the trauma and the amazing ordeal. You are very brave and very right to let it out. I will help as i can. You are doing the right thing.

all the best to you.

Lionheart
November 7th, 2009, 11:04
Hey Ron,

Many thanks. I will be checking this out tonight after work.

I hope it turns out awesome. I have always envied writers. Its like they take a moment in time and freeze it and you can access it from the rest of time.

Joyce Meyers had a really rough childhood. Amazing what horrors some people go through and it just cannot take them down.

Coincidentally, the diamond is born of charcoal, pressed in the harshest conditions and pressures.. Only from such pressures can such a priceless, indestructible stone be created.

Bill

rayrey10
November 8th, 2009, 20:56
Ron,
I'm actually speechless after reading your story. Congratulations and best wishes with your endeavor. I look forward reading your book, maybe I can swing an autographed copy too...we'll see ;)

Ray

Chacha
November 9th, 2009, 04:30
Rayrey and Alex (grunau baby) OBio and JoeW and Kiwikat and the rest of you guys,

Thanks for visiting the Forgotten Children on Hall-18...

Don't forget to join and be a member and post a word or two!

If you haven't been there, spare a few moments and you will be mesmerized by how these kids experienced and now lived ... be sure to have a bottled water, and a box of tissue...

rayrey10
November 9th, 2009, 07:29
Thanks ChaCha! Just got my login validated at Hall 18. I'm heading there right now.

Ray

Planes-11
November 10th, 2009, 03:43
And will continue to listen...supporting wherever I can.

Blackbird686
November 10th, 2009, 04:20
And will continue to listen...supporting wherever I can.

Myself as well. Working right now but I'll have a go Wednesday.

BB686:USA-flag:

VFR Reviews
November 10th, 2009, 20:08
It takes a lot of strength to tell some stories, and yours, I think, is one of them.

Good for you.

Eoraptor1
November 12th, 2009, 13:45
I'll definitely be visiting that page. Do I have your permission to post links in other (specifically music oriented) forums?

JAMES

Ickie
November 12th, 2009, 14:19
and post away ................ anywhere

Chacha
November 12th, 2009, 14:24
I'll definitely be visiting that page. Do I have your permission to post links in other (specifically music oriented) forums?

JAMES

Hey James,

Hall-18 Forum is a friendly, family oriented forum, like the SOH, There is a General Off Subject (Like the Newshawks).... where you can post what is on your mind, however, it has to be within the Terms Of Use of the Site, which is pretty much like the SOH....

Go for it, James! :ernae:

Ickie
November 20th, 2009, 02:03
I need members, I made it easy to sign up, stop by and visit and sign up.
If it wasn't for spam bots trying out my new scripts, I'd have no one registering at all, lol

2Low
November 20th, 2009, 06:13
Missed this first time round, glad you bumped it back up.

I've read just the first page so far and made a couple of light posts. I will return there Tuesday and read the rest so I can post with more knowledge (Very busy 'till then).

Ickie what you are doing is good for you and it will help others who have gone through simulliar. I wish you the best with the book and will definately buy it when it's availible.

@Chacha, I don't know you personally (of course) but I can honestly say from what I've read from you online we all could use a friend in our lives like you. Don't ever lose whatever it is that drives you.

Ickie
November 25th, 2009, 13:27
I put up the Christmas Lights at my site www.hall-18.com
log out than log back in
There on here too

Chacha
December 2nd, 2009, 03:55
Visit Ron's www.hall-18.com if you haven't been there, be a member and post :icon_lol:

Sorry, if this is a replay...

just a reminder... :bump:

I am not being pushy... :monkies:

just being persistent! :icon_lol:

Lionheart
December 2nd, 2009, 09:25
The website is really coming along Ickie! I was just through their, reading some bits and pieces in the main site.

I hope the book is coming along well and publishing goes smoothly. Sounds like it will be a great book.

Bill

Krank
December 12th, 2009, 17:40
Can i just say Holy ****.

I take for granted what I have and still am currently having being 19 and all. I want your book published in Britain and i want a copy.

Seriously im gonna bump the thread in my respective forum CFS3 :) Im fairly new but this story is one worthy of being heard.

Kind regards

Krank :)

jmig
December 13th, 2009, 04:48
I just read this and tried to go to the site. all I get is a blank page?

Do I need to use a special browser? I use Foxfire.

Ickie
December 13th, 2009, 07:14
http://www.kirkbridebuildings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1407&sid=f020e2dc37564d71eeb963cc031d7e76&start=0

any broser

Chacha
December 13th, 2009, 09:06
And this ... :running:

Hall-18

http://www.hall-18.com/forums/index.php

jmig
December 15th, 2009, 06:55
And this ... :running:

Hall-18

http://www.hall-18.com/forums/index.php

That is the link that comes up Blank!