Here is a sad ....................but interesting shot

Maybe a PB2Y?????

or is it something else?????

Hern07
October 27th, 2008, 10:32
Emily?

DauntlessDriver546
October 27th, 2008, 10:37
Gotta be an Emily... I think it's been beat to death by American guns... those are American boys in the foreground...

Rocktser2
October 27th, 2008, 11:36
I agree....................

I found the original post and here is the listing

Kawanishi H8K downed................

Caption- A group of Marines from the 3rd Battalion of the 2nd Marines surveys an Emily destroyed just off shore of Gavutu Island in Tulagi Harbor. The Emily had flown to Gavutu to deliver an urgent shipment of aviation oil for the Japanese H6K Mavis flying boats stationed there

Rocktser2
October 27th, 2008, 12:47
I found a FS2000 version over at flightsim.com..........by Aidan McCaffrey

I haven't tried it out yet............but here is a shot

I am probably behind on this craft...................must have been some discussion .........................that got lost with the recent forum crashes and hacks

OBIO
October 27th, 2008, 15:02
That plane was converted to CFS2 by Buddha13, then I did an update to it a short while back. New panel set, new skins. 4 individual uploads of the Emily in different colors. Also uploaded a sound pack for the Mavis that works great with the Emily.

OBIO

Hern07
October 27th, 2008, 17:29
The Emily was by far the better plane, but I've always liked the Mavis better ans use it whenever possible. With its long shark-like body and parasol wing it looks more evil and is more evocative of the period.