PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft reaches 145 and shakes ?

NCGent
November 5th, 2009, 10:07
Can someone tell me where in the cfg I can correct this problem. When my model reaches around 145 mph it starts the bonce up and down and shake. Not sure what I changed in the cfg to make it start doing this and can't find any setting to repair it.

Thanks

Chris

NCGent
November 5th, 2009, 13:35
lol...

AER_DaddyO
November 6th, 2009, 11:02
NCGent,

Without knowing what sim or aircraft you're dealing with, it sounds to me like you need to work with your Moments of Inertia settings in the Aircraft.cfg file. When one of my CFS2 or FS9 birds gets a case of the shakes at speed, adding some value to the MOI values almost always cures the problem. Try increasing your values by 10-25% at a time. I don't have FX, so not sure what to tell you there.
BTW... I checked your models and its good to see that someone has finally made a series of Sopwith 1 1/2 strutters. Any chance you can do them for CFS2?

Regards, AER_DaddyO

NCGent
November 7th, 2009, 10:53
Hey AER_DaddyO

Thanks for the reply, I found the answer to that lil problem and got it fixed. I have been playing around with FSDS 2 and figuring how to compile for CFS2. Not had a lot of time to mess with it but I'll figure it out one day so be on the look out.

Chris