PDA

View Full Version : Cessna Skycatcher at AOPA Summit

srgalahad
November 5th, 2009, 09:23
AvWeb video of interview and demo flight. Brief sponsor ad at the beginning, so have patience:icon_lol:

[YOUTUBE]<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8Mym6e-ODM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

cheezyflier
November 5th, 2009, 10:54
nice! i wonder how long it will be before we see one in fsx? :icon_lol:

n4gix
November 5th, 2009, 11:36
nice! i wonder how long it will be before we see one in fsx? :icon_lol:

I completed the panel/gauge system for ABACUS nearly six months ago, and it was released. It is one of the very best models ABACUS offers, in my (somewhat) biased opinion... :ernae:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?p=267979

cheezyflier
November 5th, 2009, 13:26
wow! that panel is really nice! and the model is only $20! :applause:

TeaSea
November 5th, 2009, 15:06
I'm going to the summit tomorrow, so I'm going to check this one out....get some shots if I can.

TeaSea
November 6th, 2009, 13:10
Well, had a great day at the summit...forgot the camera. Sorry.

The Cessna 162 is impressive, but it's tiny. I'm 6'2" and once you're in , it's fine. But getting in is a bit of a stretch -- or squish. One or the other.

srgalahad
November 6th, 2009, 16:11
Well, had a great day at the summit...forgot the camera. Sorry.:rocket:

The Cessna 162 is impressive, but it's tiny. I'm 6'2" and once you're in , it's fine. But getting in is a bit of a stretch -- or squish. One or the other.

Like most things, it takes a bit of learning, but then it's easy...

/v/A-EgR2eGbN0
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px;"></object>

TeaSea
November 6th, 2009, 17:53
Getting in is not as difficult as the Air Camper, and it's plenty wide once you're in...but one does not look cool while one's attempting it.

I will say though, if I were going to plunk down my money, that the Sport Cub LSA would be of more interest. Just seems you get more for your money. Getting into it is a breeze....park your butt, swing your legs in, and everything you need is all right there.