PDA

View Full Version : FSX Native IL-2 Sturmovik

Death_Eagle_571
November 4th, 2009, 16:36
Hey guys, I have no idea why this awesome aircraft hasn't been created for FSX Yet, theres 100s of colorful paint schemes, many different configurations, and its an awesome and mean looking plane hehe, I truly hope one of the numerous and excellent developers that hang out on these forums would take up a project like this, it would be a very unique aircraft, and I think many people would like to fly one, it was really a flying tank hehe...

Wing Nut
November 4th, 2009, 18:19
You get my vote. I've spent many, many hours with one of my first flight sims "IL2" that led to my addiction to flight sims. And then "Pacific Fighters". And then Microsoft ....

spotlope
November 4th, 2009, 18:28
I don't know either, but I'd sure love to have one for FSX. Used to fly them all the time in IL2 - they're basically tanks with wings. Maybe I'm weird, but I actually like the way they look.

HighGround22
November 4th, 2009, 18:39
. . . Maybe I'm weird, but I actually like the way they look.
Nah, not weird. There are at least a few of us who are so-afflicted. I classify such shapes as having "functional beauty".

Daveroo
November 4th, 2009, 18:54
the IL-2M3 and the JU-87 are two of my favorite looking WWII aircraft..now that ive become a FSX convert id sure like to see them both in FSX

Death_Eagle_571
November 4th, 2009, 19:26
And there would be no shortage of schemes for it, and I've seen some pretty awesome ones, like half green, half white, numerous green, brown, and black patterns, and others, I think the Soviets had the best painted aircraft.

calypsos
November 5th, 2009, 00:16
I think that the Russian/metric instrumentation would put a lot of potential buyers (outside former Soviet countries) off. Maybe if it had a Western warbird cockpit (that could be selected from a config screen) it would sell well.

Bjoern
November 5th, 2009, 04:05
Not to mention they blow up nicely if hit correctly. :mixedsmi: