PDA

View Full Version : FSAltitude Western USA and FSAltitude Eastern USA

jmig
November 4th, 2009, 11:08
Has anyone tried these bundles? They are designed for flying above 18,000 feet and the screen shot comparisons to FSX default are impressive. However, before I drop a $100 on them I would like some expert advice from people who have used the product.

I currently use UTX for the US and Canada along with Cloud9 landclass and FSGenesis mesh. Will these two products improve on my setup? Also, what about decending below 18,000 to land with FSAltitude, does the scenery then become blurry?

If anyone isn't familiar with the product here is the url.
http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/viewAProduct.php?pid=1081

Gdavis101
November 4th, 2009, 13:00
I tried out the Western side and it is good if you spend a lot of time at higher altitudes. The only thing I didn't like is that it creates a large square around the plane that stretches out about 15-20 miles so you see the default scenery at lower altitudes, but as you climb and you look down it still shows the default scenery. The manual actually warns about this, but for the most part its good if you spend a lot of time at high altitudes.

jmig
November 5th, 2009, 04:08
I tried out the Western side and it is good if you spend a lot of time at higher altitudes. The only thing I didn't like is that it creates a large square around the plane that stretches out about 15-20 miles so you see the default scenery at lower altitudes, but as you climb and you look down it still shows the default scenery. The manual actually warns about this, but for the most part its good if you spend a lot of time at high altitudes.

So I would assume that when you descend to land you just start seeing more and more of the default scenery or lower add-on, if installed?

I think I will try it. I was disappointed with the MegaScenery of Louisiana. The color was WAY off. The screen shots of this one looked more realistic.