PDA

View Full Version : Movie Question...

gera
November 4th, 2009, 06:59
I had never made a movie using Fraps so I did one yesterday. The .Avi came out alright but as you'll know, its huge!.....What software is there to "convert" and reduce the size of it so I can insert in YouTube_??...Thank you.:kilroy:

Dimus
November 4th, 2009, 07:47
Try Windows movie maker Gera. It usually works nicely and all you have to define is the file type and the size of the file you want.

It would be nice to see videos based on your missions.They are certainly movie material.:applause:

gera
November 4th, 2009, 11:06
Try Windows movie maker Gera. It usually works nicely and all you have to define is the file type and the size of the file you want.

It would be nice to see videos based on your missions.They are certainly movie material.:applause:

Thanks Dimus, will do. Yea, I want to try some of the new series am making so pleople can see before they download...no frustrations like that.:pop4::pop4:

Matt Wynn
November 4th, 2009, 11:21
great idea Gera... could make a feature length FS video with your Missions thats for sure :jump:

gera
November 4th, 2009, 11:42
great idea Gera... could make a feature length FS video with your Missions thats for sure :jump:

Roger Smoothie....Now I have to get me an "editor both for the video and the Musica!!!!!!!....or a Movie:gameon: or Bust!!!!!!:gameoff:

Matt Wynn
November 4th, 2009, 11:45
yeah i'm trying to 'plan of action' a small FS Film, but not going well... lets just say i never studied media and i skipped English at school :icon_lol: good luck with it and i eagerly await seeing what you come up with :ernae:

wilycoyote4
November 4th, 2009, 11:58
gera, nice avatar
I use Movie Maker as well. There are 3 versions of it and as far as I know you use any or all of them in Windows. HD is in the one that comes with Vista. But, all three can be downloaded as freeware, I think.

However, for conversion, you may want to consider and try this freeware.
http://www.winxdvd.com/video-converter/
There are many options available and it is fast.

Editing of the converted video for titles, credits, effects, and transitions is done next in Windows Movie Maker.

X_eidos2
November 4th, 2009, 12:02
If you get interested in making more than one video, and you start thinking of video editing beyond Movie Maker, then I would highly recommend Sony's Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9. It's less than $100 USD. You can download a fully functional demo which runs for 30 days to check it out. I used Power Director for a couple projects, but it kept crashing and worse, corrupting files. Vegas Movie Studio is much more stable. It comes with many tutorials and you can get up and running quickly.

I'd recommend making your first movie in Movie Maker and see if you even like the movie making process. Then if you want to do more, invest in a copy of Vegas Movie Studio.