PDA

View Full Version : Trade my Cub for the J41?

ryanbatc
November 3rd, 2009, 08:04
Someone want to trade their PMDG jetstream for my A2A cub with accusim? Prices are about the same lol

I just hardly fly the cub - too dam slow argh!

I really want the PMDG bird instead hah

I will give you all the info that came with the purchase
:icon_lol:

spotlope
November 3rd, 2009, 09:22
If only there was a way to know that Cubs were slow before buying... :monkies:

ryanbatc
November 3rd, 2009, 09:37
hah hah hah - I didn't think they were this slow though

I figured it would fly 100 kias - it seems to cruise 55-65

ATRB72457
November 3rd, 2009, 09:40
I thought the same thing, which is why I waffled so long before buying it. Boy am I glad I did. This little plane has become one of my all-time favorites ever in FS. And it's slow enough that I can use TileProxy and fly touch-and-go's over and over at my local airport, while flying over my house in the pattern. It's not as good as the real thing, but it's as close as I've ever gotten in a simulator. Now if I just had a higher-end laptop so I could take it with me on my business trip in a couple of weeks...

falcon409
November 3rd, 2009, 09:44
If only there was a way to know that Cubs were slow before buying...
LMAO, yea, those darned developers. . .tryin' ta sneak that one by us, lol.

(I did the same thing ryan. . .I figured, heck the cub cruises at around 100, this should be fun, lol)
Lesson learned. . .Scott was gracious enough to trade the B-17 for my Cub. . .I'm happy now.

ryanbatc
November 3rd, 2009, 09:49
There you go! I'm not saying I haven't flown it, because I flew it all over, trying to used to the low n slow. But I realized I'm more into acft that fly 150-250 kias

spotlope
November 3rd, 2009, 09:49
The only way to get a Cub up to 100kias is to bungee two of 'em together.

ryanbatc
November 3rd, 2009, 09:51

I spose I could always add some JATO rockets to it

falcon409
November 3rd, 2009, 10:04
LOL, priceless, lol
Ryan, after attempting many times to enjoy the Cub, I finally decided that they were way ahead of themselves when they developed the Cub, which was actually the predecessor to the Ultralights, lol.
Oh wait, actually a lot of ultralights are even faster than the Cub, lol. . .my bad. lol.

Kidding aside, the A2A Cub is a masterful piece of machinery, especially with the accusim module included. If you can handle having the AI ground traffic pass you, then this is your airplane, lol.

ryanbatc
November 3rd, 2009, 10:09
Yeah its really darn good, wonderful simulation of the Cub. Unfortunately I bought it because the rave reviews it was getting upon initial release.

I would enjoy the PMDG bird more, personally.

So, anyone want to trade ?

CodyValkyrie
November 3rd, 2009, 10:13
.... is that even legal? The products are linked to individual accounts and purchases....

Nick C
November 3rd, 2009, 10:15
How exactly do you trade your product details when the product itself, I presume, is registered to you as a person, with your name and email address etc? Best of luck getting product support once you've swapped details.

ryanbatc
November 3rd, 2009, 10:58
Honestly I haven't looked into the details of it. I have a lot of payware and can't remember which ones use serial numbers vs online activation etc.

edit: hmmm looks like it may not work.... I thought this one had a serial with it, but it's just the exe with a unique ID. It would only work on the honor system. And I know companies probably wouldn't be good with that so disregard my thread.

Pepere
November 3rd, 2009, 11:05
I'll traid. With the J4100 my FPS are so slow I might as well be doing 55.:bump:You figgure a way and you got it!

David

FAC257
November 3rd, 2009, 15:03
From bit of recent personal exploring with the Cub I can tell you that 55mph GS is 1.04mph worth of wishful thinking.

After finishing off circling the world in the Cub a few days ago and flying a little over 19,800 miles it averaged 53.96mph GS for the entire trip.

FAC